Sticky Introduce Yourself

I am a new comer here. Dont have much experience in stock market. Havent done very well in stock market. With two kids in college, Im looking for ways to make some moneyover short-term trading. Need expert's guidance here. How much should I begin with? What sector should I target? Also should I begin with ETF trading?
can you pls tell me how to follow these forums for trading advise? I guess I will figure out once I join any forum.
Thnx

Hi, I originally registered here about two years ago with the intention of developing some trading knowledge and skills, but didn't pusue it at the time. However, I want to pick this up again, and this site appears to be an excellent place to do this, so I look forward to exploring the in and outs of TA, particularly on Forex and indexes and hopefully developing some trading strategies I can work with. Cheers.

Hi

Heard a lot of good things about this board .

Ive been investing on and off for about ten years. I started trading part time about 18 months ago after a work colleague introduced me to it . I had some modest success , due to luck rather than trading skills :) Ive always been interested in Investing / Trading so have taken time out to try it full time for a while.

Hoping to get advice on Trading methods and Systems and what NOT to do. Looking forward to interacting with other board members.

John M

Hello to all ! I have joined this board with basically on intended purpose. THAT PURPOSE IS TO ADVISE EYERYONE OF THE FOLLOWING SCAM !
fyi- I was contacted by a person in a Scandinavian country and asked if I had any information about a particular company that was trying to broker a quantity of defunct shares she was told she owned. Very convoluted situation. I won't boor you with the details but will tell that my investigation of the company revealed the following - WASHINGTON ROBERTS MANAGEMENT - allegedly from Prague Cz. This company is fraudulent as are all companies it claims to be associated with in completing transactions of stock sales for intended victims. The sites for these companies received their domain names in March. They do not exist in the countries as they report. Their associate company MERGERS AND ACQUSITIONS REGULATORY COMMISSIONS OF JAPAN although sounding official is anything but and does appear on a WARNING LIST from Japans official FSA site. This company has recently sent letters, contracts and forged stock certificates to the person initially informing me of the situation. Near daily phone calls are made by this bogus company to the intended victim(s) with "guarantees" of money recovery's from worthless shares. They will even have "posters" on chat boards trying to fool investors by representing themselves as customers who " HAVE CHECKED OUT THE COMPANY " and validate it as a legitimate business.

In actuality this company is a cold call scam that has done a little homework. It uses many call forwarding businesses globally to cover its true location . One is in Ontario Canada and many in Europe. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THIS SCAM that may also be using other names as well. These are educated thieves, nothing more. Doing deep D/D will bring you to the information I have posted.

Any questions are welcomed. Thank You!

Hi all. I'm a newbie and look forward to interacting with you guys in the due course.
Have traded on and off for a number of years but always through a broker. Tis time to join the 21st Century and have a go myself on line and see if I can do a better job than him. Will be looking for lots of guidance on all aspects so please be patient and give this newbie some help !!!!:confused:

Hi. I'm a CFA Level 2 candidate and a US business school student. I'm taking an investments class and thinking about applying the academic concepts learned in class to an idea for an entry into a business plan competition. As part of that exercise, all my entrepreneurship professors have told me to do market sizing through surveys.

So I could use your help. All income related questions are completely optional and I'm not trying to hawk any product or anything like that. I know people tend to get touchy about surveys, so if you feel it's not in good taste, you don't have to take it.

But I promise to share the survey results when the survey is complete.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KZ62KP7

Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited:
Dear all,

I would like to introduce myself, I have ben a long time stalker of these forums almost 4 years:whistling. I have had the pleasure and fortune of having the access to the thought processes of some of the leading traders on this forum. I hope from my experience over the last couple of years I will be able to contribute and add value to these forums rather than just being an observer.

For my first post, I would like to create a journal called Poorhouse or Millionaire, ultimately a forex trading journal that highlights the main issue of undercapitalization and how I deal with it. I will be putting 100 Gbp in an account and trying to achieve 100 percent return per day. I am aware that most spread betters in the UK start with this amount and consequently lose it by not following key trading principals (TREATING THIS AS A BUSINESS) However I can sympathise with these people as the reality is that not a lot of people have the disposable income to really dig in.

I am aware that 100 % sounds and is ludicrous I will be risking between 25% and 50% of my account per trade until I have enough capital to trade properly. So in effect I am gambling albeit dsmart gambling. :)

I hope to have the support from members of this board.

Warm Regards,

Vanant

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/

Last edited:
I m not suffering results

"http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/72822-pssonices-blog-270.html"
is offering neartime results

Hi,
I'm a retired long time equities investor and looking forward to meeting some interesting folks. I am an experienced programmer and have a lot of mathematical experience as applied to trading systems as well as in other technical fields such as artificial intelligence. I'm pretty easygoing so I'm here to listen and help.
Michael

Hi All
I am a retired novice who are looking into Point and Figure trading - not many out there!
Nice to be here

John from Durban, South Africa

Hi,
I am new here and want to make money day trading US Stocks. If anyone can help me I will be very pleased.
Cheers

Hi Group,

Found this site just today from businessopportunity watch after getting a review on Vince Stanzione. Decide not to pursue the Vince thing and instead joined this forum recommended by businessopportunity watch.

Formerly worked for a Multi-national bank in Operations and 'recently' invested in gold and made a 48% profit over 18 months.

Used to have many health problems since a young age and by studying for ten years have corrected most and now help others when times permits.

Hopefully it wont take ten years to make progress in trading (but you never know) and look forward to reading the group posts and possibly adding my own opinion from time to time.

Regards to all
S

hello people hope everyones making $$$$, my name is khaled I am new to trading and new to T2W so Im hoping to get some nice tips out of all you professionals crude oil traders out there.
montreal
canada

Hello pip hunters ... i work for a living in singapore but have developed a couple of systems on the go that are proving themselves... I am particularly interested in P&F and trade that myself on a daily basis using daily charts that requires little maintenance. I would like to keep a journal so searching around to see if this is suitable.

on the side l like to observe the markets ... in particular my interest is GBP/JPY and 99% of my time is focused here for now... so will add my comments etc.. this is more for my own knowledge. I trade live money... Looking forward to joining the community