Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello all,

I'm 22 and living in Kinsale in the South of Ireland. My main interests at the moment are the FX markets. My Dad bought the Tradeguider VSA software a couple of years back and i've been studying trading on and off for the past year or so. I've just graduated from a degree course, hence the learning phase being a bit intermittent.

Now that the degree is out of the way i'm looking to invest a lot of time into trading. I've spent the past few months reading, paper trading, real trading and trading demo accounts with mixed results.

I think i'm able to read the charts at a fairly competent level, the main problem at the moment is sorting out and deciding on a concrete trading strategy. Hopefully i can come up with something after reading through the threads on this website.

I look forward to getting involved,

Cheers,

KinsaleForex

Welcome to you KinsaleForex!

And good luck. If you have more technical questions, I can put you through people who working for this company sfg trading (http://www.sfgtrading.com/) and on this forum, I am sure and I am convinced you will find good advise from experienced people.

Regards,

As I said in my profile I've been active in the stock market for 50 years. It is still my passion and my full time job. I've been trading futures for 10 years. Mainly the indexes. Also commodities and currencies when I get a technical setup.

I use MetaStock Pro real time.

I have an idea about a timing indicator, but no nothing about programming. The basic code for my indicator is in TradeStation. I want to program it for MetaStock and make some changes.

Does anyone know someone who can do this?

(y) Great.... Nice advise....Thanks ! As you said I believe that they are a lot things you learning through experience and not at school. As well, dont hesitate to go on this website : http://www.sfgtrading.com/. Maybe you will find something interesting and if you need further infomration, I'll be glad to help !

Thanks Fayalac.

Best regards,

hi

Sometimes you can learn best by copying proffessional traders like, Boris and Kathy
at bkforexadvisors.com
Warm regards Lilli2

Hi again from lilli2

Take this from someone who has learned the hard way. Learning by your mistakes
in trading can lose you alot baby I MEAN ALOT OF DOSH. AND loss of confidence.

All the best lilli2

As I said in my profile I've been active in the stock market for 50 years. It is still my passion and my full time job. I've been trading futures for 10 years. Mainly the indexes. Also commodities and currencies when I get a technical setup.

I have an idea about a timing indicator, but no nothing about programming. The basic code for my indicator is in TradeStation. I want to program it for MetaStock and make some changes.

HI
warm welcome from lilli2

A bit high tech for me, try Google Search, ASK Jeeves, Dear Uncle Jeeves
has never let me down yet.:cool:

I don't know who can do this, but go to google search type in ASK JEEVES and
you will be shown people who can help you. Good Luck.

All the best from lilli2

Fat prophets Advisory service sends you all the trading information
by sms or email. They do everything you just foolow instructions buy/sell
put stops at this level Some of you might like to try them. I use them as guaranteed
proffits if my own trades don't win theirs do.

All the best
lilli2

Er, thanks, I think!

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't really understand what you're saying.

I'm here to learn, that's pretty much it.

Sorry, i overeacted.
You can visit the 3 ducks trading system forum and you´ll find there very valuable information.

Hello Kinsale Forex

Greetings from lilli2 The whole world has jumped on the forex band wagon
there aer too many forex product around,not all are good for us.

KEEP IT SIMPLE is my mantra especially about Forex.

I made money on forex. I) By following the crowd on my CMC trading platform
I pressed where everyone else is trading. MY £200 turned to £800 in 3 days it
was a margin trade and my first ever trade.

You can trade forex on Binary bets IG Index. BetOnMarkets.Go to google search
type in Binary bets.

So easy to take forex too seriously.

Good Luck. Warmest from lill2

Forex is very fast and furious or does nothing for absolutely hours, Please remember
to put a stop loss if leaving it overnight a guaranteed stop loss is a good idea.

Hi my name is Jonathan, I am based in the UK and I have been spread trading for about 18 months now with fairly mixed success. Up until now I have had a mixed bag of strategies.

I started spread betting via a free subscription to a share tipping service, which initially got me hooked! This gave me an overview of how spread betting worked and how things like risk etc was defined. I then went a bit "off piste" and this is where I started to loose out. At this point I didn't know enough!

I then progressed onto a mixture of trading shares and forex (all still via Spread betting) again with mixed success. I probably broke even at best. I would say at this point that trading Forex was probably the field I was most interested in and was most profitable.

I have used Richard Hill's Net Trap system, again, with mixed success. I wouldn't say I always achieve the results he lists but I generally do come out positive each month! At the moment I am unsure whether to continue this or not. I have a few ideas on how to improve this basic system, but as yet haven't tried or back tested them.

I now wish to solely focus on Forex. I find it the most interesting and I wish to keep my field of trading reasonably narrow. I can't day trade as I work so I am now working on some longer term strategies that involve MA cross overs with some additional indicators to confirm trends. So far it is in the early stages and I have gone back to virtual trading.

I wish to come out of this with a few strategies which I strictly implement and aren't tempted to go willy nilly putting on trades with no plan (=gambling!). This is the hard bit but I am much better at this now. Managing my expectation is a large part of this...

Welcome to you KinsaleForex!

And good luck. If you have more technical questions, I can put you through people who working for this company sfg trading (http://www.sfgtrading.com/) and on this forum, I am sure and I am convinced you will find good advise from experienced people.

Regards,

Cheers for the welcome, site looks interesting.

Hello Kinsale Forex

Greetings from lilli2 The whole world has jumped on the forex band wagon
there aer too many forex product around,not all are good for us.

KEEP IT SIMPLE is my mantra especially about Forex.

I made money on forex. I) By following the crowd on my CMC trading platform
I pressed where everyone else is trading. MY £200 turned to £800 in 3 days it
was a margin trade and my first ever trade.

You can trade forex on Binary bets IG Index. BetOnMarkets.Go to google search
type in Binary bets.

So easy to take forex too seriously.

Good Luck. Warmest from lill2

Forex is very fast and furious or does nothing for absolutely hours, Please remember
to put a stop loss if leaving it overnight a guaranteed stop loss is a good idea.

Thanks for the information, i'm mainly interested in spread betting and have an account with Finspreads. I always use a stop and tend not to leave trades running over night. I like to be able to watch the trade and choose the moment to get out based on my analysis

Cheers,

KinsaleForex

Hi its nice be here with wonderful people,i am here looking for traders who can trade with bank clarified instruments.Things like POF,BG etc its highly important

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right place for this message? If not, then can someone re-direct me. thank you.

I did some spread trading a few years ago and lost a lot of money - no reading, no research, no idea!

I gave up. I started doing it again this April by accident. My cousin began and tempted me back. I have again lost a lot of money.

I decided before I had lost all my money to speak to a trader friend of mine who gave me titles of some books to read. One of them being 'Turtle trading'.

Having read that book, I have tried Richard Dennis' theory on a demo account for a month now. I have seen 100% profit wiped away but that is to be expected in his trend following theory. Does anyone else use his methods? I would like to ask a couple of questions.

Anyway, I think I will probably go with his theory as it makes complete sense. I was wondering if anyone knew of a site and/or software (free) that allows you to keep opening, high, low and closing prices for various instruments like commodities, Forex, indices and individual stocks, the lot really.

I am not a novice at trading but am in making money. Any help appreciated.
thanks

Hi

I need help to trade forex. I'm newbie and jobless

my skype id kmangz

Hey....
Be carefull....
If you are jobless and newbie..., that is a bad combination...., i could recomend you to go to "3 ducks trading system" forum and read each post made by Captain Currency, it will help you in the short time, just be carefull, ok?

Re: Nyone can help

I just checked Avi's Trading Machine Does anyone know whether its still available . I ma just looking for a simple system to get myself wet in the forex market something easy to follow:confused::confused:

Try the 3 ducks trading system, theres a forum in these site, read all Captain Currencies post´s.
Its a good system and hard to fail with.

Hello,
Just want to say hello to everyone in here. I am new. hope to make friends and share some relevant information with you all guys..