Intraday Trading the Forex market to make consistent profit

Found it

An example of time assisting a scalp buy on the Uchf today

Time window marked

Attachments

• Swissy TW 26214.JPG
    Swissy TW 26214.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 1,140
Well, I don't consider myself stupid by any means...but for sure I can't make head nor tail of that chart. sorry

Found it

An example of time assisting a scalp buy on the Uchf today

Time window marked

Interesting - the "time windows" for ftse are 8:30, 9:00, 10:00 and 15:00. Often good moves around those and often reversal tries (which move significantly if they fail).

Well, I don't consider myself stupid by any means...but for sure I can't make head nor tail of that chart. sorry

OK - that's good to hear - if you had said yes can understand that first look - it means you would have seen something like it before

No - you no way stupid - but will explain the example

At 11,43 am in the other thread - i said the following -

Swissy is scalp bullish above 8876 with current high at 8884

Over 8988 and 92 more scalp buys which might then see EU under 3730 and lower

At 11.51 am - the first white vertical line - price dropped to 8876 - and then at 8877 at 11.56 am - I scalp bought the pair based on several clues - approx 4

By 12 00 pm - middle of the time window - Lrs were under more and price held above 76 - so really just a 2 or 3 pip stop needed

Since 12 00 pm - midday - price on the Swissy as never gone back under 8876 and it was also the HL from the low of 67 - the days low

I exited scalp buy at 90 - as shown with arrow as quick Lrs go over price - so only 13 pips on scalp and then go into a free trade - with stop in profit at 80

it then went on for another 3 hrs to rise to 8930 - and make in total approx 51pips on the "free trade " - which was 30% stake of original scalp buy

The 2 vertical white lines - are the midday time window - and show the move taking off

All the other dotted lines etc are LRs at different settings - for the accuracy and over analysis I require

The chart is a 1 min time frame -

Please don't tell me you are a naked chartist ? :)

If you are - I can gain you at least another 5 pips a day - that's say 1000 pips a year - even on 1 lot its another $10k in your account

lol

I hope that helps

Regards

F

Last edited:
Interesting - the "time windows" for ftse are 8:30, 9:00, 10:00 and 15:00. Often good moves around those and often reversal tries (which move significantly if they fail).

Slighty different to my time windows though Jon

Mine are 18 mins in duration with the hr and half hr - the mid point ;-)

90% of my exits and entries are in those 18 mins

Slighty different to my time windows though Jon

Mine are 18 mins in duration with the hr and half hr - the mid point ;-)

90% of my exits and entries are in those 18 mins

Yeah, appreciate that - still interesting though.

OK, one final post from me on over leverage and slippage.
No hot air or theory this time.
Here is a practical example:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...xpert-retail-forex-trader-27.html#post2218146

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...xpert-retail-forex-trader-27.html#post2218156

10 tick chart and calendar attached.
Post times are 1 hour advanced on actual time due to T2W clock settings.
In other words 1.46pm = 12:46

12:45 on the chart - release time - 10 tick chart.
You can clearly see an almost instant drop from 1.3490 to 1.3460 - 30 points.
Quite easy to get slipped anywhere from 10-30 points there.
If with an SB, quite likely to have had re-quotes as well.

That was only 3 months ago - so it is not rare.
It was also completely missed by FXmo who called support prior to
the release he did not know about...

This is a prime example of why 2% risk and 5SL can be risky.
No more from me.

Attachments

• ECB BID RATE $EURUSD 07_11_13.jpg
    ECB BID RATE $EURUSD 07_11_13.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 567
  • ECB BID RATE cal 07_11_13.PNG
    ECB BID RATE cal 07_11_13.PNG
    22.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Sorry LV - confused on time here

I am posting this at 10 05 am UK time and T2W time will also be the same within 30 secs or a minute - ie 10 06 am - NOT an hr different

??

Also added to this post at 10 09 - to say that was a news drop ?

I said to Random at the time - was not in EU as he wanted to know why I had not made 30k on it lol

90% of time I dont trade red news items

I might be in a scalp up to 5 mins prior - and also might try and get in after news - within 5 -15 mins - but news trading is not my cup of tea - mainly due to spikes both ways set up etc

I know DJ loves trading GU news events - and although he admits he sometimes gets it wrong - using LMEx - he suffers only small slippage and his stops seem to be obeyed OK

For me red news items - a no no for trading at the release

Regards

F

Last edited:
Sorry LV - confused on time here

I am posting this at 10 05 am UK time and T2W time will also be the same within 30 secs or a minute - ie 10 06 am - NOT an hr different

??
Yes the time is now 10:35 GMT.
Look in the top left corner of every post - the time for this post = 11:35

I was going to link to an example post of mine in your thread quite some time ago.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=180610
I know, and several others know, that I did post in your thread.
Those posts have been deleted - not by me.
T2W have deleted them, which says quite a lot really...

So in light of that, if that is how things are here - criticism deleted if it may
impact traffic, I'm gone, last post.

I was going to link to an example post of mine in your thread quite some time ago.

So in light of that, if that is how things are here - criticism deleted if it may

My thread time given for you by T2W was 10 35 am - no 11,35 anywhere ??

Yes the other thread was "cleaned" up by the T2W moderators I believe - mainly to take out the non trading aspects etc

Your risk and leverage point is valid LV - and althought I disagree on smaller accounts - you have case I am sure many traders will adhere too

Regards

F

Hi ff

Yes will get back onto more parts of my strategy / method etc later on today

Atm MM in the other thread is becoming a better tick chart scalper than me - I reckon he should be spilling the beans on hows he improved on what I have shown him ;-))

Regards

F

impact traffic, I'm gone, last post

If i were you i will be a bit more patient ;)

If i were you i will be a bit more patient ;)

Hi Tar

I really do hope that LV stays with T2W

He was like Random - intelligent and was always worth listening to etc etc

I no way want to upset the long standing traders and will always listen to other experienced traders views - as they do count

Regards

F

Your main posts are still there. I did a large clean up on the thread so it would read easier for newcomers (including my own). Most of which where accusations about him being MR SB.

Come on mate, no one wants to lose you !

Last edited:
LV

There's no need to leave , some things just need time to clearup , sometimes months , sometimes years - much like position trading - .

Last edited:
Will be posting today - hopefully some time after 8 00 pm a case study on the GU movements today

Will include a few charts - and not just the tick or one min - some real long term ones like the 30 or 60 mins ( anything more is a waste for intraday trading )

Also will link comments from the live thread with what we have being doing - including comments from Major Magnum - who just 4 months learning this method is already well on the way to be coming consistent

This will then be an ideal example of how we can track a pair through every pip movement ( even in the noise) and then pick and chose scalp trades that are in our favour

Furthermore not just scalps - also "free trades" that can give you the extra cream on the top of your capital account

Regards

F

Last edited:
. . .T2W have deleted them, which says quite a lot really...

Hi L v,
I've not seen the post(s) you're referring to - so I don't know why they've been deleted. What I can say is that any deletions will, almost certainly, have been made by the Mods for a breach of the site guidelines. If you're unhappy about their decision and want an explanation as to why the deletion(s) were made - just send them a PM - I'm sure they'll be happy to tell you!

As a member of staff, I don't recall a time when any post was deleted on the grounds that it 'may impact site traffic'. That's just not the way we roll! To the best of my knowledge, the only posts deleted by admin' (for reasons other than a breach of site guidelines) are ones that are subject to legal action. As you know, some of pboyles' posts were removed for this very reason. However, I'd be surprised if that applies to you - unless you've been naming individuals/companies etc. and really having a go?!

Needless to say, please don't leave us. I'm sure I speak for many when I say your posts are of a consistently high standard and add great value to the community and are enjoyed by many, Forexmospherian included I'm sure!
(y)
Tim.

Hi L v,
I've not seen the post(s) you're referring to - so I don't know why they've been deleted. What I can say is that any deletions will, almost certainly, have been made by the Mods for a breach of the site guidelines. If you're unhappy about their decision and want an explanation as to why the deletion(s) were made - just send them a PM - I'm sure they'll be happy to tell you!

As a member of staff, I don't recall a time when any post was deleted on the grounds that it 'may impact site traffic'. That's just not the way we roll! To the best of my knowledge, the only posts deleted by admin' (for reasons other than a breach of site guidelines) are ones that are subject to legal action. As you know, some of pboyles' posts were removed for this very reason. However, I'd be surprised if that applies to you - unless you've been naming individuals/companies etc. and really having a go?!
Tim.

Are you sure you are working for the same t2w as the rest of the admin and mods? Honestly, Tim, your post shows a complete disconnect with what goes on here.

Peter