Intraday Trading the Forex market to make consistent profit

How can this possibly be a better way than just ignoring it after all it has resulted in you getting two infractions and a ban ?

Hi Trader 333

I stepped over the mark before - and was wrong

I allowed my standards of focus and disciplines to lapse - but was thinking if I get an infraction or a ban - so will the members causing the trouble

I now know the rules and therefore do not plan to get involved with any heated discussions or arguments with other members who want to offend me etc etc

The person involved before - a new member who joined in February 2014 was extremely rude and annoying with one of his comments and I wrongly responded

That's how I see it - and I admit I make mistakes and when wrong should take the consequences etc

Regards

F

Back to this thread again ie how to make consistent profits from intraday trading

Need this weekend to cover my definition of following the trend - ie the trend is your friend ( myth)

The trend to me in FX trading is any movement over 3 pips.

I personally do not want to try and trade every 3 or 4 pip trade - I would prefer 10 - 20 - 30+ pip trends that last 10 to 60 mins

That's because with an approx 5 pip stop you can make a good RR

Movements of 3 - 5 pips really don't make good RR's - but will still accept - as they make profit still - even if your target is not reached.

Will go into this area more over the weekend - because its a very important part for successful intraday trading

Regards

F

Last edited:
interesting points.....................I think most people struggle because they cannot see how you are able to switch buy to sell calls so fast ...........

they like it nice and stable and solid .....(and wrong !)

when i satrted calling scalps years here years ago I got slated as I was calling fast direction changes all the time .................people kept saying I was completely crazy and not following the market ........................but I was .........I was just making faster decisions and going with the flow......

such is life
N

The trend to me in FX trading is any movement over 3 pips.

Just to let you know you've got your 15 minutes of fame. I've printed this comment and stuck it up on the office noticeboard. It's a cracker.

The problem is, apart from the patent absurdity of your statement, it doesn't fit = anywhere. Scalpers (genuine scalpers, not the pip pinching you call scalping) neither need nor use trends - they scalp.

Trend traders need confirmation of a decent trend to consider risking their capital on directional movement.

What you are doing is neither. And as has been alluded to earlier in this thread, you're probably not doing what you're saying you're doing anyway, which isn't a revelation to many of us I can assure you.

I really wouldn't mind this twaddle if it wasn't potentially dangerous to inexperienced traders. You a a hazard and I think the less experienced (and therefore gullible) traders here will be a lot better off when your welcome here has worn out as it has, I understand, elsewhere.

interesting points.....................I think most people struggle because they cannot see how you are able to switch buy to sell calls so fast ...........

when i satrted calling scalps years here years ago I got slated as I was calling fast direction changes all the time .................people kept saying I was completely crazy and not following the market ........................but I was .........I was just making faster decisions and going with the flow......

such is life
N
What I don't get NVP is how you can equate your quite interesting and sensible correlation approach with the nonsense perpetrated in this thread.

Just to let you know you've got your 15 minutes of fame. I've printed this comment and stuck it up on the office noticeboard. It's a cracker.

The problem is, apart from the patent absurdity of your statement, it doesn't fit = anywhere. Scalpers (genuine scalpers, not the pip pinching you call scalping) neither need nor use trends - they scalp.

Trend traders need confirmation of a decent trend to consider risking their capital on directional movement.

What you are doing is neither. And as has been alluded to earlier in this thread, you're probably not doing what you're saying you're doing anyway, which isn't a revelation to many of us I can assure you.

I really wouldn't mind this twaddle if it wasn't potentially dangerous to inexperienced traders. You a a hazard and I think the less experienced (and therefore gullible) traders here will be a lot better off when your welcome here has worn out as it has, I understand, elsewhere.

Hi PS

I appreciate that thank you

What I think I ought to do is come and show your office how to intraday trade in the "noise"

If you are in a large commercial financial institution - then with large stakes over 100 lots plus - you just would not be able to trade how I trade

As I have said many many times - commercial FX trading and retail FX trading is chalk and cheese

Please note - and I think you agree - I do not chase all 3-5 pip scalps

I prefer SSS - sweet spot scalping with 3- 7 pip stops for targets of 7 -25 + pips

The most efficient way to trade to make large gains - and then assisted by P and P ongoing

Best regards ;-)

F

such is life
N

Hi N

I hope you are well rested after your holiday break

At times I find the tick charts and scalping in time windows - so slow

i might have to wait 1- 5 mins to even make a decision

A long time for me

I then know within 30 seconds to a few minutes if I have made the correct entry and then if its moving my way - anything from 2 - 10 mins to take some profit

I don't try and trade 10 - 30 second spikes etc - i don't want to really scalp for 1- 5 pips - but when I get a nice SSS ( sweet spot scalp ) of between 15 - 25 pips in less than 15 mins - it as RR of 3 to 5 and ..............great !!!

As you know - I normally take 10 -20 intraday trades a day - and this method as been working for over 7 yrs with the last 4 yrs being extremely successful.

Pressure is no problem to me - although I will admit i would find it difficult trying it with excess of 25 lots per pip - that's out my comfort zone - especially if I am doing it with my own money - ( lol)

Looking forward to having a few days of say 3- 5 hrs with you one to one on the main thread carrying out my trades

When ever - to suit you

Best Regards

F

Forgot to mention to PS

My methods are not for newbie traders - or traders with less than say 2 yrs of FX experience

Ideal for intermediates or traders with 2- 5 yrs of FX behind them - because then they will appreciate how well it works compared to traditional old fashioned methods - ie the type the trade love to push ;-)

so at how may pips does a trend start?

I agree with Frost and Prechter's statement ( as it is obvious maths) about the importance of 3 as the fewest subdivisions to create fluctuation.
EWP
Tenth edition 2005
New classics Library
Page 26
Frost and Prechter

Thank you Mr PieterSteidelmayer........... - For placing my 2 threads now on ignore again

I must say - you will always be welcome - as you are extremely good entertainment - and seem a jolly nice fellow

I have posted my EJ chart on the other thread as well - and so you are welcome to copy it and put it on your office wall - so that I can get another 15 minutes of fame ;-)

I wish you an excellent April - trading wise - will I have a great trading month ?

Is there any doubt .......

Best Regards

F

Looking forward to getting back to discussing making a consistent profit - Intraday trading - the main subject of this thread - over the weekend

I plan to move on to that lovely topic - ie the TREND

You might already know my thoughts on a trend - and all its myths - but will be going more into detail with examples and how it can assist us in the FX market - when linked with my other - "secret*" clues

* secret - well i am sure not many FX traders know a lot about what i will be saying - on this thread - and of course - totally free - with no silly conditions connected

Regards

F

This is an Interesting article on PieterSteidelmayer's name sake - J Peter Steidlmayer - author of many books and develper of Market profile in the 80's and well known member of the Chicago Board of Trade

http://www.trading-naked.com/in-step-with-markets.htm

If you read it you will see some similarities with my FX methods - ie on the 30 min time intervals etc but as far as I am concerned I have developed this theory a lot further - by incorporating the changes in the FX market place due to the larger use of HFT over the last 7 years

Interesting read - Steidelmayer and the real guys - Steidlmayer - surely not a spelling mistake?

As we know the "devil is always in the detail" ;-)