Intraday Trading Journal

Approaching 4pm and looking at how things are set up that's me done for the day in terms of trade entries. I'm still in EURAUD but it's the most excruciating trade I've been involved in for as long as I can remember. Ordinarily I hold trades until no later than 9pm but I may cut this one earlier ahead of the UK political shenanigans.

2ra08p.jpg

Caught out by how early the vote result was announced, impact seems muted so I will hold EURAUD as per my rules, either until 8.59pm or if there is a clear break above 1.5900.

I thought about exiting this trade numerous times when it was struggling to make progress but after yesterday - when I chose a discretionary exit over a system exit on EURJPY and missed a 50pt profit as a rsult - I decided to stick to my rules.

As I said in post #1, my main issue with trading is failure at following my own rules. I think I need to use this journal to continually ask myself what my rules are telling me so that I stick to them, because I know that if I do I will succeed.

In summary today:

1143 Short EURAUD 15875.1 -8.3

Day total -8.3
Week total -16.7
Journal total -16.7

Another messy day shaping up at present. Patience required!

Not a great deal on the horizon but DE30 may present a selling opportunity if it moves a little higher.

UKOIL closes below 6050, which shifts my exit strategy slightly in the event of a reversal. I will look to exit on a clear break above the pivot at 6094.8.

Now it closes below S1, which means that in the event of a reversal signal I will look to exit on a clear break above 6075.

And the close below 6025 shifts exit strategy to a break above 6050 in the event of a reversal.

DE30 moving higher.

10925 / Pivot / 10900
or
Pivot / 10900 / S1 / 10875

Would be good confluences to trade if an appropriate reversal signal appears.

Pivot / 10900 / S1 / 10875

Would be good confluences to trade if an appropriate reversal signal appears.

Reversal from the high down through those levels. Plan your trade and trade your plan as they say.

Exit rules currently dictate staying in to target or exiting on a reversal signal and break above 10900.

Insufficient momentum above 10900 for exit. Exit will now be a new session high with clear momentum.