Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 00 pm

Disappointing atm

With news - I would have expected EU to drop another 50 pips or so lower

But last 30 mins - no new low and teasing up - but cannot get over 2306/7 so far

Out after 2 45 pm - but will pop back in beforehand

Out Cad buy - less than 8 pips - EU - ok got some on way down under 2315 - and scalp buys above 83 made 14 pips as well - but still disappointing

2 28pm

EU

Supports at 2287 -93 area and R at 2325 - so a 30 -35 pip range now to break out

Will be back after 4 00 pm I hope - not got anything left on for now - not even AU sell as that was stopped out in profits

See you later guys and stay focused

REgards

F

Hows everyones NFP going?

Just closed these for +40.8 and +54.5 to end my week

Looked like some large stops went on cable at the lows. And appeared as though someone started buying just after. What will come of it is anyone's guess.

Regards

GJ

Attachments

• 05-12-2014 14-57-22 nfp trades.png
    05-12-2014 14-57-22 nfp trades.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 81
Hows everyones NFP going?

Just closed these for +40.8 and +54.5 to end my week

Looked like some large stops went on cable at the lows. And appeared as though someone started buying just after. What will come of it is anyone's guess.

Regards

GJ

Hi GJ

Well Done - some nice pips there

Unfortunately I knew I would not have a brilliant day today - as I reckon I have missed half of it being out over 3 hrs this morning and another 2 hr plus this afternoon.

But still got to over my 50 pip target - but only by counting my 30% gains on top of my scalps and really they should be divided by three as a 30 pip additional win on 30% stake is really only like 9 pips or so on a full 100% stake scalp.

Interesting on EU later - as I would have been scalp selling under 2300 / 2295 and 85 - but was surprised we did not test lower say 50 or 60 rather than stop around 2270

GU was also one I missed out on this afternoon - that really dropped nicely after the NFP and under 5640 - another 65+ pips

Another frustration was my 30% stake buy on EJ got knocked out on that spike down before the news

The EJ slowly rose over 100 pips in the day and to get knocked out with less then 30 pips ( including separate scalps on it ) in total was also disappointing - but that's trading ;-)))

Have a great weekend

Regards

EU comment from nearly 3 hrs ago

Back now for news etc

LOL - BP - OK got the call wrong by 1 pip

EU turned at 2346 not 45

Still that was fortune telling for me - ie above an hr projection - lol

Will we get over 2385 though???

Have not got a clue ;-))

Bp, naughty kid....:LOL:

hey all - apologies but I have been busy last 2 days ....will try to get online next week

N

F

I did a bit of study on key times on Friday, not sure what you think:

Eu: 19:06, 20:17 and 21.07 all short (sydney time)
Uj: 18:50 and 22:14 all long
Gu: 19.55 and 21:55 all long

Fzy

F

Fzy

Hi Fugazsy

I will check out on my charts over the weekend - appreciate your times are in Australia TZ.

Time is so important as another indicator or clue for your trading.

Knowing the busy times of your trading day will help you "cherry pick" when you need to be at your screens.

That why I always try and get an hour or so in before the European Open - and then the hour either side the US open will also be busy - with the busiest FX trading times of the day should be the overlap of sessions - ie around 2 - 4 00 pm UK time

Just out for a bit now ( shopping - again ) but will check out when my key times were on Friday for the 3 pairs you mention

Enjoy your weekend

REgards

F

hey all - apologies but I have been busy last 2 days ....will try to get online next week

N

Hi N

Hope you having some success at progressing your contract work etc - If you can get ideally say 10 -12 days a month and have 7 -10 days a month full time Fx Intraday trading you will then have the best of both worlds - and maybe know within 6 months or 12 months whether you can take the plunge and go full time.

2015 is upon us soon - I am sure an Important year for all of us - go for it N (y)

Regards

F

Hi Fugazsy

I will check out on my charts over the weekend - appreciate your times are in Australia TZ.

Time is so important as another indicator or clue for your trading.

Knowing the busy times of your trading day will help you "cherry pick" when you need to be at your screens.

That why I always try and get an hour or so in before the European Open - and then the hour either side the US open will also be busy - with the busiest FX trading times of the day should be the overlap of sessions - ie around 2 - 4 00 pm UK time

Just out for a bit now ( shopping - again ) but will check out when my key times were on Friday for the 3 pairs you mention

Enjoy your weekend

REgards

F

F

have a great WE.

I watched an English movie this afternoon, very well done and very powerful:

Bed time for me.

Fzy

F

Fzy

Hi Fzy

Agree - I have checked my Friday charts out and with us having a 11 hr time difference - with you being ahead - then the times you mention are correct

I think you should start looking for moves from say 17 00 or 17 30 hrs your times - and your busy window will then be the next 3 - 4 hrs

Then next busy time is after midnight your time

Not always will the moves stay going and in the early opens - you can get the false trick moves - that are then reversed within an hour or two - or for the US session - which I can see is not a good time for you - unless you stay up through the night

I have seen your own tips and findings you have mentioned in your own thread.

Many are very good and I would agree with - but you will find as you get a lot more experienced - say in another 3 or 5 yrs or so - you might ditch many of them and I will mention why either later on today or during this week

Regards

F

Hi Fzy

Agree - I have checked my Friday charts out and with us having a 11 hr time difference - with you being ahead - then the times you mention are correct

I think you should start looking for moves from say 17 00 or 17 30 hrs your times - and your busy window will then be the next 3 - 4 hrs

Then next busy time is after midnight your time

Not always will the moves stay going and in the early opens - you can get the false trick moves - that are then reversed within an hour or two - or for the US session - which I can see is not a good time for you - unless you stay up through the night

I have seen your own tips and findings you have mentioned in your own thread.

Many are very good and I would agree with - but you will find as you get a lot more experienced - say in another 3 or 5 yrs or so - you might ditch many of them and I will mention why either later on today or during this week

Regards

F

F

I do not agree with all of his guides (on my thread), but I have learned a lot from him. His work for details is very close to obsession.

Beside I do not think he trade forex much, I think he is wrong on the 1m TF, because in my view entries are excellent made on the 1m TF if you know what to do.

Looking forward to your comments.

I have done a bit extra work with those pairs on the key window and from Franky I came out with this:
EU: 18:11 long, 19:06 short, 19:41 long, 20:17 short and 21:07 short.
UY: 18:50 long and 21:40 long
GU: 18:11 long as EU, 18:49 short,19:55 long and 21:50 long.
All of those trades made 10 pips with an average of stop loss of 6.6.
Only one trade EU made 1.3 (19:41) pips because an opposite trade go triggered (20:17) and the trade was reversed.

Fzsy

Last edited:
Monday 7th December 2014 - European Open

G M all FX Intraday Traders

Another new week and not many now until end of 2014

Not a busy calender day and a Monday - so maybe it will not be really busy

Normal stuff - updates and quick review on all the main FX pairs I will be looking at intraday trading - ie scalping and swings - but with stops in profit already

Have a good week

Regards

F

EU

7 06 AM

Does not look to good for this pair and we are down at the lows for now at 2280 area - after a low on Friday at 2271/2

Need back over 2297 and 2305 to be holding scalp buys on - or taking new ones and under 93 on bounces it still another scalp sell for now

GU

7 09am

Similar set up as EU - session bearish for now with price at 5558 area

Need over 5578 and 87 to be holding or taking new scalp buys and under 68 still a scalp sell on any bounces

Will post a chart a bit later on

EJ

7 12 am

The only pair I have scalped so far this morning - and normally my favourite pair

Price at 149 11 and from 6 30 start of TW its been a scalp sell under 33 with a low so far of 148 96

Down to 30% stakes on sell and would only hold it whilst under 27

7 21 am

I do have to pop out today at 8 00 am time and will be approx 35 mins or so

Back then for a couple of hours then being a Monday - will see if lunchtime is busy and early US session and in between take more breaks.

If I have not got my target by 3 00 pm UK time - will stay with it from 4 pm to 6 - 6 30 pm looking for extra scalp opportunities

Jumped in scalp selling GU as well as still in EJ - but have left EU for now

Back in 10 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.