Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 35 pm

GU

Topped again at 1 40 pm time at 5504/5 area

Stayed 30 mins with no breach and now dropped to 5772 area - approx 30 pips

Price structure for day session is still bullish - with supports now at 5760 -65 area and under there at at 5735 /40

Will be looking for more scalp buys above either support - but for now need back above 5792 to hold scalp buys on longer for higher rises again

2 43 pm

EJ

Will post a chart of this pair as well as update Ucad chart later

EJ dropped approx 75 pips or so - then rose back up approx 60 pips

Chart explains it better - to follow

Still bullish above 146 75 area - but we need now above 147 20 and 37 to hold on to scalp buys longer

EJ - 1 MIN LR chart from 7 00 am to 3 00 pm today

EJ chart

Main level marked along with longer LRs showing price structure

Up - then Down - and then Up again after 11 39pm

182408d1417013628-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-ej-261114-pm.jpg

Attachments

• EJ - 261114 PM.jpg
    EJ - 261114 PM.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 528
3 04 pm

More new daily lows on UCad / UChf and UJ

Not in all of them on scalps - but on 30% trades with stops in profits - then no sweat

Out in 10 mins - back after 4 00 pm

See you later and expect pullbacks at some point

Hi MM

Back now for an hour or so

I dont use hard stops as you know - one click in and out with mental soft stops at 3-7 pips max - under 5 pips normally and if need be a hard stop 25 pips away

I trade normally under 1 % - with a lot of scalps on 0 3 - 0 6 % stake of capital and so a great day for me with loads of wins etc might still only be under 4% in pure capital stake - not like say 10 -20% gain - if I was using 2% etc

I would use over 1% on accounts under 10k - but not over $50k + capital - as even half a percent on a 5 pip stop is still worth $50 a pip or 5 lots

So even with 4 bad scalps in a row - only lose from 1- 2% of capital - and thats if everyone went at least 5 pips in the red

I know you did a 27% increase on live money one day recently from what you posted on a $1k account - but really - dont look for more than 5% per day if you expect to trade 15 -20 times a month - as that is still a great return - without compounding

Interesting now though - even if you lost say 40 pips in total - I bet you can get that back between now and 5 00 pm ??

Dont try it if in revenge mode - relax as N mentioned - step by step and of course

DISCIPLINE

Stay focused

F

about 50 percent of my account gone.
yes discipline etc. but my read was short and that was incorrect, let alone management et al

UCad - updated chart as at 4 00 pm

Ucad chart

Lovely rise this morning then after 10 30 TW and after 10 51am - start of next TW - nice fall

Now looking for supports to hold on a scalp buy

Under supports and then under 1250 would be more scalp sells

182396d1417002881-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-ucad-261114.jpg

Updated UCad chart after supports went

182410d1417018902-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-ucad-261114-pm.jpg

Attachments

• UCad - 261114 pm.jpg
    UCad - 261114 pm.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 561
about 50 percent of my account gone.
yes discipline etc. but my read was short and that was incorrect, let alone management et al

Hi MM

Well - I feel for you - as we all make mistakes and at least you know you can recover it -

BUT

What the hell was you doing ??????

Did you think you were on demo and after 1000% in a week using large stakes or something???

I would need between 50 and 120 losses - consecutively - in a row - to lose 50% of my account - all depending on whether I waited for at least 5 or 7 pip losses before exiting

I know you are well aware of money management and size of stakes and stops in profits when possible - etc etc - but that is like martingale gambling stuff (n) (n)

Even if this method had 95% win ratios - you just cannot afford on a real account to loss more than 2 -3 % absolute maximum on one loss - allowing you up to say 20 losses in a row to foot up

In last 5 years plus - never had more than 7 losses in a row - but many days have 2 or 3 losses in a row - and then - I break the habit and change with a break and a different session period

I am sure you know that money management is KING - its 100% in your control as long as its not major broker problem or Black Swan day.

Your win ratios and getting it correct are only between 60 and 80% normally - and thats if you are reading everything correctly and are in the zone

Dont let this be a weakness in your trading toolbox - ie Discipline and control

It might not be a big worry on an account under say $10k - but on a $100k+ account then if that happened it could be 3+ months work down the pan, - ie very costly

Never ever forget this incident for as long as you are trading - but dust yourself down and get back on the way to success again

Regards

F

ty. yep. need to devise some way of keeping discipline as was using inappropriate stakes etc.
still, whatever the stakes were, i was mistaken at entry point, during and finally exit points, which is the complete suite of errors which i must work on or give up

EU - 1 Min LR Chart of the day from approx LO to 5 00 pm

EU chart with arrows on possible scalps etc

182412d1417021810-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-eu-261114.jpg

Attachments

• EU - 261114.jpg
    EU - 261114.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 562
ty. yep. need to devise some way of keeping discipline as was using inappropriate stakes etc.
still, whatever the stakes were, i was mistaken at entry point, during and finally exit points, which is the complete suite of errors which i must work on or give up

I think the error of trade is a small matter

Every trader has losses - whether on 15 - 20 - 30 or even 50% of their trades

The big worry is not having the correct money management

There is a reason I have never had more than 7 consecutive losses in 5 years and rarely have more than 4 or 5

Its called discipline - patience - sitting on hands - not chasing every scalp etc etc etc

You will get there - for sure - but please learn the main issue - which is not having a few losses - its bad money management on a live account

Regards

F

I think the error of trade is a small matter

Every trader has losses - whether on 15 - 20 - 30 or even 50% of their trades

The big worry is not having the correct money management

There is a reason I have never had more than 7 consecutive losses in 5 years and rarely have more than 4 or 5

Its called discipline - patience - sitting on hands - not chasing every scalp etc etc etc

You will get there - for sure - but please learn the main issue - which is not having a few losses - its bad money management on a live account

Regards

F
yes agreed, terrible money management compounded though by not reassessing and pulling the plug at a good time.

F

How was you trading day? Mine was ok, made 0.45% on my account. Traded only Dax and got 2 trades in 4h. After the initial swing up and down she sent sideway, not easy to trade.

Seems EU trapped the shorts just to finish upwards.

Fzsy

I feel for you MM, at least you are honest to share this bad experience with us, which may benefit the whole group.
Resisting the urge to revenge trade and/or accept a bad loss is no easy thing. In fact it is probably harder than having a naked lady or a delicious chocolatey moist piece of cake in front of you and not eat any of it ha ha.
But this experience could be the best lesson you ever had. Yes I had a few of them in the past too.
What I find it difficult is to not overtrade and accept a few losses in a row. This is because it can have the effect (on people) to lower their %rate and make them believe that they are on a losing strategy while grinding their confidence.
As F. said, the key here is to accept losses knowing that your average winning % is on your side 60%+ and the win will take care of the loss and more.

Also I would say that for example with an account of 1K I would not trade more than 0.5 lot as it is 3.5 Pound per pip * 5 = 17.5 pounds for a 5 pip loss which is already 1.75% of the account etc...
As you know even 4 losses in a row of 5 pip will make you lose 9% but then the day of the week you ride that 100 pips move (even at 30%) you make 30 pips or 14% of your account etc...

The question is, was it at a news announcement time? because it took only 1 minute to go -20 ...
I am with you and I can say that you have impressed me so many times with result and even if some of them were demos and some live, it is a clear achievement :)

It may be better to put 500 hundred into your account and make it whole again.Then trade really small till you make back your loss.

F

How was you trading day? Mine was ok, made 0.45% on my account. Traded only Dax and got 2 trades in 4h. After the initial swing up and down she sent sideway, not easy to trade.

Seems EU trapped the shorts just to finish upwards.

Fzsy

Hi Fugazsy

I am pleased you at least made a profit on the Dax - 0.45 % for the day would be great in the commercial world if you were using a multi million dollar account were 3 - 5 % per month is looked upon as very good

For retail traders with accounts under say $100 -150k - its a different ball game.

I target over 25% per month knowing good months - with no compounding will be in the 40 -50% level.

First and most important target - not to have a loss at the end of the day.

It does not matter whether you do just 1 trade or 50 trades over the day - as long as you don't end up with a net loss - that's half the battle won

For me knowing I will do on average between 10 and 20 trades over say a 10 hr session window - my target is 50 pips - which is approx if on all full stakes approx 3% per day - mixed with 30% trades - it can be as low as 1 to 2%.

Good days will be 4 to 5% increases and super days maybe 7 % + .

Bad days are 1/2 to just 1 %- ie no 50 pip target achieved and 3 to 6 losses.

Remember if I was trading on a smaller account - I would be using 1- 2%+ on all trades - and so would achieve more

Today was not the easiest of days - as missed good movements between 7 45 am and 8 30 am - whilst on a school run - but still ended up with approx 2% addition to my capital account - so cannot complain

Being a scalper - I rarely get caught being stuck in the wrong direction - and even if I do - I am out 5 -7 pips maximum on scalps and other trades with stops in profit already - its no real sweat - ie what ever happens - still have a profit.

Good Luck for tomorrow and hope to see you in the morning

Regards

F

PS - done a EU chart of the day earlier on- showing areas of scalps and directions etc etc

Trading is like therapy, it will reveal to us our hidden strength/weakness, but only if we want to see it.

Trading is also very addictive, despite what anybody says, actually it is highly addictive, not accepting a loss is normal, reacting to it in non business way confirm the addiction.

Going deeper can be a solution, it works for me: when I have a few losses in a row (or only one loss), I pause, I feel the emotion, I stay with it, I do not let my mind take over, I do not rationalise it (why and how), I only stay with the sensation, I feel it, sometime it is very strong, not easy, but after a while the emotion dissolves, emotions and mind became powerless when your bring your essence forward.

Then I go back to my trading, my last trade has not any power on my next.

Many may think this is BS, well I do not care. I shared.

Fzsy

Last edited:
Hi Fugazsy

I am pleased you at least made a profit on the Dax - 0.45 % for the day would be great in the commercial world if you were using a multi million dollar account were 3 - 5 % per month is looked upon as very good

For retail traders with accounts under say $100 -150k - its a different ball game.

I target over 25% per month knowing good months - with no compounding will be in the 40 -50% level.

First and most important target - not to have a loss at the end of the day.

It does not matter whether you do just 1 trade or 50 trades over the day - as long as you don't end up with a net loss - that's half the battle won

For me knowing I will do on average between 10 and 20 trades over say a 10 hr session window - my target is 50 pips - which is approx if on all full stakes approx 3% per day - mixed with 30% trades - it can be as low as 1 to 2%.

Good days will be 4 to 5% increases and super days maybe 7 % + .

Bad days are 1/2 to just 1 %- ie no 50 pip target achieved and 3 to 6 losses.

Remember if I was trading on a smaller account - I would be using 1- 2%+ on all trades - and so would achieve more

Today was not the easiest of days - as missed good movements between 7 45 am and 8 30 am - whilst on a school run - but still ended up with approx 2% addition to my capital account - so cannot complain

Being a scalper - I rarely get caught being stuck in the wrong direction - and even if I do - I am out 5 -7 pips maximum on scalps and other trades with stops in profit already - its no real sweat - ie what ever happens - still have a profit.

Good Luck for tomorrow and hope to see you in the morning

Regards

F

PS - done a EU chart of the day earlier on- showing areas of scalps and directions etc etc

F

Thank you.

I agree 100% with you.

My goal is also 4-5% a day, but not every day can be that good.

The dax ended up with a daily range bar and I only can trade 4 hours a day.

When I am not doing that well, I only take what I consider high probability trades which can be about one or two trades per day (I risk between 1 and 2%), when I get into the zone and doing well I will push a bit further and I will be looking to take more trades adding to about 5 to 10 trades per my session.

I do not like to take many trades if I feel I am not doing well, it only shows that I have not grasped the essence of trading ,day trading of scalping.

Yes I chat with you in the morning

Fzsy

I will look at the post you sent earlier on eu, thank you once again.

Last edited:
I feel for you MM, at least you are honest to share this bad experience with us, which may benefit the whole group.
Resisting the urge to revenge trade and/or accept a bad loss is no easy thing. In fact it is probably harder than having a naked lady or a delicious chocolatey moist piece of cake in front of you and not eat any of it ha ha.
But this experience could be the best lesson you ever had. Yes I had a few of them in the past too.
What I find it difficult is to not overtrade and accept a few losses in a row. This is because it can have the effect (on people) to lower their %rate and make them believe that they are on a losing strategy while grinding their confidence.
As F. said, the key here is to accept losses knowing that your average winning % is on your side 60%+ and the win will take care of the loss and more.

Also I would say that for example with an account of 1K I would not trade more than 0.5 lot as it is 3.5 Pound per pip * 5 = 17.5 pounds for a 5 pip loss which is already 1.75% of the account etc...
As you know even 4 losses in a row of 5 pip will make you lose 9% but then the day of the week you ride that 100 pips move (even at 30%) you make 30 pips or 14% of your account etc...

The question is, was it at a news announcement time? because it took only 1 minute to go -20 ...
I am with you and I can say that you have impressed me so many times with result and even if some of them were demos and some live, it is a clear achievement :)

Hi Sun West

Yes agree with you - and I am also feeling bad for MM - even though its a good lesson to learn on a small live account - rather than being on a proper larger account etc

I have always found MM very open and honest and he even admitted early on in the journey he had ended up martingaling after a few losses etc - so this last lesson will hurt even more.

I have certainly made many mistake on my journey - just like MM - and I am sure I will make some more in the future - in fact its been a long time since I have been spiked for say 25 -35 pips in a normal none news session - but things like this do happen - and they do knock you back.

Some days can be so easy and satifying - that you let your guard down - and of course - thats when you get caught out on another similar day.

I have told MM every 500 live trades he makes - and of course every 1000 - he will get better - and it gets easier - but good money management can be a life saver - when things go wrong

Last thing I want to do - is kick a trader when he is down after a bad session - but hopefully it will never happen again now as a valuable lesson learnt - and its one we all need to be reminded about

See you tomorrow

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.