Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS - any new followers - you need to refresh page every 30 seconds to get all comments in busy times = otherwise you might miss many or not see them for 3 - 10 mins etc etc- meanwhile I will be in and out a trade lol

Just watching to see if GU makes over 20 and 25 now

i am on the rose wine already - so plan to stop trading now - and then have a nap ;-))

Will look around London close and later - but out tonight - wife can drive - that's why I need the drink before I get in the car with her lol

Have a great weekend all

Regards

F

Reactions: fx_
It's nice to have an "in-house" driver every now and then and I am sure your wife is a lovely lady.

Can I ask what software you use for your one click entry and exits. Thanks.

Hi benalta

Re - one click for entry and exits

I always use the brokers own facility on their platform and have found all the brokers I have used have that option

So rather than having to confirm I want to take this trade with x lots at the price etc to click - it does away with the extra few seconds of having to do this on entries and exits

It can have its downside - sometimes I enter a trade I had not planned to enter if i Have my fingers on the mouse and not thinking what I am doing - so you do need to get used to having no extra confirmations required.

I do take limit orders etc - but maybe 85% + are all at market - not direct on chart but on a pop out bid /ask board - so that I can focus on the 2 -5 main pairs I might be scalping. My lot sizes are set up in advance and many brokers have the options of assisting you with part stakes etc etc

I am not a MT4 /5 fan - bur do appreciate all the additional apps you can add on

For example many scalpers a few years ago where using the "swiss army knife" app - that allowed you to preset so that after entry it controlled your trade with a trailing stop of whatever you requested ie 1 pip or any size and automatically took full or part profit at any price above 2 pips from entry.

I am not really hot on the tech side and I am sure if I studied all the options I have with various brokers I could end up with the platform doing half the work I do manually. FXPro seem to be consistently upgrading their Ctrader platforms - but have not found the facility to make you a cup of tea and bacon sarnie yet ;-))

Enjoy your weekend

Regards

F

The main currency pairs I will be trading are as follow - EU / GU / EJ / AU / EA / UChf and also some days the beast GJ and NU if I need to. I don't like to scalp more than 2 pairs at the same time but once I have gone into "free trade" mode - I can be in up to 6 pairs at the same time - as my stops would be in profit and therefore the risk is totally under control .

My actual trading strategy can be covered in another thread - as I would like to keep this one to just LIVE CALLS and for the odd charts etc.

I don't want to know about what will happen tomorrow - next week or next month - I only want to trade in the "now" - ie the trend is the time frame you trade from and although I do check out the monthly and daily etc - my trades are from a 10 / 20 sec tick chart along with 1- 10 min normal charts.

Trading is not simple - its the most difficult discipline to learn and carry out. 50% of new traders should realise it may not be for them - ie I am 6ft 2 inches and weigh approx 200lbs - so I would not make a good jockey or ballet dancer. Similar if you cannot get your head around maths / gameplays / probability theories etc etc - well - it might take you many years to get there ;-)

Hope this is all making sense to you
Hi Forexmopherian
I was wondering if you had thought any more about starting the thread you mentioned in your second post regards your trading strategy.
I and I'm sure other members here would be very interested in how you enter & manage trades also money management along with any other information you deem fit.

Meany thanks Y.T.

Hi Forexmopherian
I was wondering if you had thought any more about starting the thread you mentioned in your second post regards your trading strategy.
I and I'm sure other members here would be very interested in how you enter & manage trades also money management along with any other information you deem fit.

Meany thanks Y.T.

Hi YT

I am pleased you have reminded me - as I have not explained the actual strategy behind the main type of intraday trades I look for - and why I call them SSS - Sweet Spot Scalping - ie they are neither pure scalps or what I would call intraday swing trades - but really they fall in between - and when they don't progress as planned they become a scalp and if they go on past my initial targets - then they do go on to swing trades -that may last over 2- 4 hrs and make over 50+ pips

I will do that in a separate thread - if I get time tomorrow and if not during this next week

Enjoy your weekend

Regards

F

Hi YT

I am pleased you have reminded me - as I have not explained the actual strategy behind the main type of intraday trades I look for - and why I call them SSS - Sweet Spot Scalping - ie they are neither pure scalps or what I would call intraday swing trades - but really they fall in between - and when they don't progress as planned they become a scalp and if they go on past my initial targets - then they do go on to swing trades -that may last over 2- 4 hrs and make over 50+ pips

I will do that in a separate thread - if I get time tomorrow and if not during this next week

Enjoy your weekend

Regard

you've proved to me way back you are the real deal F ..............looking forward to that thread mate (y)

N

No problem

You are welcome to join in thread and watch while another member Major Magnum gets on

Hes been trading part time for approx 2 yrs and I got him into scalping and short term intraday trading approx nearly 4 months ago. He is away this week but done well on demos so now going live on small stakes for a start

The key is 1000's of chart hrs on the small frames

After say 5000 hrs watching live charts under say 5 - 10 mins you will be good - and then over 10k hrs - you will be really good - better than me as I am now 60 yrs old and so not so quick as say 5 - 10 yrs ago - but with more experience.

I can help you live here on the thread if you want - although I would suggest you do not try all the things I do

I think you need say 4 -9 months learning to scalp with good entries - but a say a year or 2 behind you with all the basics etc

Its this dedication - focus - discipline - study etc etc and not forgetting patience as well

Regards

F

good advice F ....good advice :smart:

Thanks for your reply F. My query arose because my Broker (Pepperstone) have not yet been able to convert their One Click EA to Build 600, so I was looking for another option, as I am not willing to place an order without placing a stop at the same instant. Anyway, GL this coming week and thanks for your thread.

Hi YT

Regards

F

I for one would look forward to that, I very much appreciate your current thread
and have been trying to understand your methodology but struggle to see what you see, frustrating knowing you are obviously very good at what you do.

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

Monday 24th February 2014 - Pre European Open

Morning traders

Approximately 10 mins or so to the EO and 70 mins to the London Open

Its a Monday morning - will it be a slow start whilst awaiting some important German Business news - due out at 9 00am. Not much happening the rest of the day although all main countries working with no Bank holidays etc

OK - a quick overview and update of the main pairs I plan to trade today

EU - price presently at 3739 - - high so far this morning - 3742 and low 27 - approx 15 pips and then a session bt tease zone between say 3760 and 3700 - approx 60 pip range for initial wave moves.

Above 42 and 60 favours scalp buys and below 27 and 3700 - scalp sells - but only can they be held on - if we break out the 60 pip range - otherwise back to more scalps in the tease zone

Swissy - Price at 8873 - above 78 and 82 scalp buys below 8869 and 65 scalp sells for lower supports

GU - Price at 6646 - been rising for 6 hrs from 27 support area - needs over 49 and 53 for more scalp buys and under 41 and 36 for scalp sells

Other pairs to follow in next 10 mins

Have a good day and a profitable week

Regards

F

AU and EA look stuck in a tight price range atm

Au at 8968 - in approx 50 pip range during Asian session - still session bullish over 80 and 9000 - but under say 50 and 33 - then back showing a session down bias

Similar EA been in a 80 pip range for the Asian session - price at 5322 and needs 35 and 47 to hold scalp buys and under 5308 and 5293 to be looking at holding scalp sells

For now need to see at least 5 - 7 pip moves to get me interested to look at any scalps here

EJ - similar to EA - been in a 75 - 80 pip range during the Asian session - price now at 140 57 - so pretty much mid of range

Above 51 and 54 scalp bullish but need over 62 and 66 to hold scalp buys on longer for higher

Under 49 and 44 scalp sells

Good Morning Forexmospherian and all!

hope we have all a successful week!

cheers

Good Morning Forexmospherian and all!

hope we have all a successful week!

cheers

Morning fx

We will dont worry - take care - stick with your rules etc and there is enough pips out there for us all to have :)

Unfortunately out for LO but back in that hr prior to EU news at 9 00am

All the best

Regards

F

Reactions: fx_
On EU and GU - just grabbed 2 scalps for a total of just 8 pips - but all needed on a early Monday morning - as anything in the "kitty" is appreciated at the start of the trading day

EJ - 30% stake taken off 66 - as that price became a scalp sell and therefore will not await to 61 to see if I get taken out

Status
Not open for further replies.