Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forexmospherian

Thank you for this thread and your many posts, congratulations
also on being a successful trader.
You have posted charts at times which contain many dotted, dashed
and solid lines of various colours.Have you ever defined what these
lines are? I have not read all the posts on this thread but I can see you stated
in a early post that you use LR which I presume means linear regression.
Are these lines all linear regression plots of varying time periods?

Thank you.

Forexmospherian

Thank you for this thread and your many posts, congratulations
also on being a successful trader.
You have posted charts at times which contain many dotted, dashed
and solid lines of various colours.Have you ever defined what these
lines are? I have not read all the posts on this thread but I can see you stated
in a early post that you use LR which I presume means linear regression.
Are these lines all linear regression plots of varying time periods?

Thank you.

Hi ctipast

Yes your correct - the various lines are all linear regression indicators. I prefer them to moving averages as they have better characteristics and assist me more to read PA

I use them mainly on the tick and one minute charts - as I dont want lag - and even 15 and 30 minutes charts are just too slow to catch accurately the start and finish of intraday moves

I had used to use 15 different LRs - now down to just 9 - and they range from a 15 setting all the way up to 2000 setting on a tick chart

On the one minute I have listed the settings in a LR thread in TA section

LR's are just one part of my method - i also use time windows - trendlines - s& r's - PA - patterns - gameplay theory - etc to give me as many clues as possible of the next 30 -60 min direction

I hope that helps - please feel free to join in and ask questions during my trading sessions - no problem

Have a good weekend

Regards

F

I have been using a demo account with Lmax for some time now and im very happy with them, and will be depositing with them in the next couple of weeks via Hft group which has arranged a 12% discount on commission's . :cool:

Can anyone get this reduction ? What is hft Group?

Monday 17th February 2014 - Pre Opens - prior 7 00 am UK time

Morning Traders

Quick update on main pairs I will be looking at trading today -

EU - price made 3725 and above 3705 is still scalp bullish - with present price at 3715

3725 and 3740 are both R's areas - but atm - would not be scalp selling until we drop out of the 3700 price area - other than for small scalps on pullbacks off any more rises.

Swissy - fell to 8900 earlier on this morning and under 8914 is still scalp bearish

Whilst I am scalp buying the EU presently - I am also now looking as scalp selling the swissy as we enter the hr time window

Remember - it may then be lined up for a scalp buy if supports hold in after the time window

GL here for a start

More to follow in next 10 mins

Have a good day and week

Regards

F

AU - Price currently at 9052 and the AU is presently scalp bullish above 9047 - but needs another go at the mornings high of 9070

Would only scalp sell under 9049 and 45 atm as we come up to the European Open

EA - scalp bearish under 5170 and price bottomed so far at 5120 which is a support area

Between 30 and 60 in a tight BT tease range - so would wait for more confirmations atm

Gm

Good Morning Forexmospherian and all!

we start a new week but today US market close!

so I will also close after LC.

have all a good week!

cheers

Last edited:
EU - 3719 currently interim high - and a pullback now - so out of scalp buys totally as first trade of morning above 3706 still in an up scalp mode - but any pullback over 10 pips is always worth scalping until you are well up with your pip count

Good Morning Forexmospherian and all!

we start a new week but today US market close!

so I will also close after LC.

have all a good week!

cheers

Morning fx

Yes could be slow later on today - especially being a Monday as well - but - you never know - Europe loves catching the US out when they are off - as my favourite day of last year July 4th - I ended up with over 400 pips in 24 trades !!!

No way expecting that today though:)

Have a good week

Regards

F

Monday 17th February 2014 - Pre Opens - prior 7 00 am UK time

Morning Traders

Quick update on main pairs I will be looking at trading today -

EU - price made 3725 and above 3705 is still scalp bullish - with present price at 3715

3725 and 3740 are both R's areas - but atm - would not be scalp selling until we drop out of the 3700 price area - other than for small scalps on pullbacks off any more rises.

Swissy - fell to 8900 earlier on this morning and under 8914 is still scalp bearish

Whilst I am scalp buying the EU presently - I am also now looking as scalp selling the swissy as we enter the hr time window

Remember - it may then be lined up for a scalp buy if supports hold in after the time window

GL here for a start

More to follow in next 10 mins

Have a good day and week

Regards

F

Swissy lined up for that scalp buy at exactly start of time window at 6 51 am - but only scalp bought it at 7 01 am at 8908

The bounces - on both Swisy and EU are more than I thought - and will exit the Swissy now at 8920 - far better than I thought - but taken 100% off - as will look again to see if I can scalp buy again lower - or of interim supports do not hold - then scalp sell again

The EU as dropped under 3705 and 3700 saying scalp sell - but so far only 3693 and so not convinced that this is a genuine start of another fall

Back above 3706 - I would be looking at more scalp buys - confirmed at 08 and 11

Swissy - above 8912 - may be another scalp buy - under 10 and 07 - then might be worth holding any scalp sells as could be going back down again - as these moves are not convincing still

GU - - still bullish with a new high at 6823. Present price at 6782 and whilst under 6800 - you can look at scalp sells - with confirmations to hold any on under 64.

Back over 6800 - then more scalp buys to test the R again =or to paint a LH

EU - only bounced up to 3704 after its interim low around 93/4 Above 97 still technically a scalp buy - but as already mentioned need the confirmations of a turn being tried by price touching 3711 after testing 3708

Last edited:
A busy last 40 mins for me - - 5 scalps with the Swissy scalp buy after the hr change being the best so far - and my first EU scalp buy only making me 2 pips

I would prefer just 1 or 2 trades and make over 10 or 15 pips rather than 5 trades and only 19 pips net so far - but with US off later and it being a Monday - you have to take what you can get at times ;-))

AU - now done another interim low at 9036 - under 44 still in a scalp sell mode at half hr - but if no try under 33 and 30 now - look for another scalp buy

AU - Price currently at 9052 and the AU is presently scalp bullish above 9047 - but needs another go at the mornings high of 9070

Would only scalp sell under 9049 and 45 atm as we come up to the European Open

EA - scalp bearish under 5170 and price bottomed so far at 5120 which is a support area

Between 30 and 60 in a tight BT tease range - so would wait for more confirmations atm

I hope you have scalp sold under 49 or 45 - or even better both

Price now at 34 low and I will take 70% off scalp sell - and maybe the 30% if we dont go under 33 now as 39 and 42 would be scalp buy

EU - 3690 to 3710 - say 20 pips is really no mans land or a BT tease zone - just ready to take your money by setting you up in the wrong trade direction

Best to wait for clarity - here for London Open in 20 mins and will wait atm

We know over 3710 and 13 more scalp buys to test 3720+ area

Under 3690 - then scalp sells for 80 and lower

I have choose the yen before and have now free trade +12 for the 30%

I babysit that trade the first 5min, so the EU and AU come to quick after I open the yen

but is OK same I told before I not greedy :)

I have choose the yen before and have now free trade +12 for the 30%

I babysit that trade the first 5min, so the EU and AU come to quick after I open the yen

but is OK same I told before I not greedy :)

Hi fx

Well done - I have not really looked at EJ this morning - nor the UJ

I will certainly do that next hr now that you are in a free trade - GL

Status
Not open for further replies.