Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong about what exactly ? You've just confirmed what i already said !!

An example of how he just throws in some random numbers , complete rubbish :

GU

but still able to scalp sell under 82 for 60's possible
translation : you would not buy if it broke 82 would you

Just need 74 and 72 for scalp sells
Translation : a lower low? followed by 82 holding as a lower high?

and back over 83 and 86 for scalp buys
Translation: i dont need to do i.

This is a AU 1 hr chart with the infamous LR2 setting and the RS1 at a 2 setting

For me - one of the best leading indicators set up in the business - as the LR2 - post at candle opening and pre close - so in advance.

If you look at the chart when the LR 2 blue line indicators go well out of the bollinger bands - you get reversals or pullbacks - especially when the RSI also agree as well that the pair is OB or OS

Posting a larger chart in the Do you need indicators ? thread on the forum

I dont use this for scalping - I use a tick or 1 min chart with just multi LR's on so guide me on price structure etc - linear regression indicators are in my opinion far better than moving averages - and with less lag

i read Jbollinger on BB. do you suggest using BB on m1 with the LR? i dont atm

I see you still pushing your PR agenda for your friend MajorMagnum , the one who you denied knowing before this forum then when we confronted you , you came clean and admitted that there's some sort of relation with him through a third person , nothing wrong with being his friend but why you didnt come clean from day one , and why you keep marketing this member who's trading on a demo in many posts of yours ? And he's a member of your group as well , Its clear what you are trying to do here !

:sleep:

Nope, i joined a site run by Jfx to study median line analysis. I think there were fxmospherians there but i was not one of them sadly.

GU

but still able to scalp sell under 82 for 60's possible
translation : you would not buy if it broke 82 would you

Just need 74 and 72 for scalp sells
Translation : a lower low? followed by 82 holding as a lower high?

and back over 83 and 86 for scalp buys
Translation: i dont need to do i.

You missed the interesting part :

GU

Low early on this morning 6640

A nice scalp buy above 6650 from 5 am time and now at 77 after making 6682

Still scalp bullish above 6667 - but still able to scalp sell under 82 for 60's possible

Just need 74 and 72 for scalp sells and back over 83 and 86 for scalp buys

1- Scalp bullish above 67 . But back over 83 and 86 for scalp buys .
2- But can scalp sell under 82 for 60s .
3-But need 74 and 72 for scalp sells .

Translation : Complete nonsense .

You missed the interesting part :

1- Scalp bullish above 67 . But back over 83 and 86 for scalp buys .
2- But can scalp sell under 82 for 60s .
3-But need 74 and 72 for scalp sells .

Translation : Complete nonsense .

I appreciate MM tried to point out how you were wrong again - but you have replied with copies out of context - ie they were different time periods on the day - ie maybe 30 mins or 60 mins apart.

So you have then basically joined them up trying to make a mockery out of my comments.

Normal dissing rubbish by someone who is clutching at straws and trying to find anything - even quoting out of time contexts to try and get you case over.

Its a waste of time - and surely you know it - I don't guess or come up with any old prices etc etc.

A couple of serious questions - I have not asked you Tar - do you trade?- and if so what instruments - and the most important are you profitable ??

Regards

F

Hi SD

All my stops are 3 to 7 pips maximum - depending on the FX pair.

On the EU and AU and UJ - 3- 5 pips are fine - but on the EA and GJ etc - i might need 5 -7 pips . My stops are not hard stops - hard stops are normally 20 -25 pips away in case of the occasional "black swan" event you might get two or three times a year - if that. Spikes of 5 - 15 pips are not really a worry - as in 80% of cases that happens - price reverts to normal level - re spike.
This is where somebody relatively inexperienced such as me gets confused. I can understand a stop being either a hard stop or a soft stop (manually executed close).

I can also understand you have a 20-25 pip stop to guard against what are for you major contrary movements and a soft stop of from 3 to 7 pips. But I don’t understand how you can have a soft stop of 3 to 7 pips, yet are willing to tolerate a 15 pip ‘spike’. It’s either one or the other. You can’t have a soft stop of 3-7 pips and yet watch price come back 15 pips against you otherwise you soft stop is more than 15 pips – not 3-7.

My other question and again embarrassing as I’m sure more experienced members will laugh; How do you tell at the time whether a move against you is a ‘spike’ (where price reverses) which in 80% of cases will revert or the start of a new move from which it will never look back. You can never know that until the bar/candle closes, by which time of course, it’s too late. How do you tell in real time which move is a spike and which is not. And in those cases where it is not, does your full 20-25 pip stop therefore get taken?

Sorry, each question brings a friend with it. Do tell me if I’m over-staying my welcome: If you calculate your position size on the 20-25 pip hard stop yet operate a 3-7 pip soft stop does that mean that whatever percentage of your capital you put up for risk on each trade will rarely yield above a reward:risk of 1:1? Not that I’m into reward:risk too much as a constant stream of positive pennies would be excellent, but just keen to get a handle on your methods and expectations.

Last edited:
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

I appreciate MM tried to point out how you were wrong again - but you have replied with copies out of context - ie they were different time periods on the day - ie maybe 30 mins or 60 mins apart.

So you have then basically joined them up trying to make a mockery out of my comments.

Normal dissing rubbish by someone who is clutching at straws and trying to find anything - even quoting out of time contexts to try and get you case over.

Its a waste of time - and surely you know it - I don't guess or come up with any old prices etc etc.

A couple of serious questions - I have not asked you Tar - do you trade?- and if so what instruments - and the most important are you profitable ??

Regards

F

LOL , no i didnt collect the quote out of context , and i didnt cut and paste , the whole quote was from just a single post , here's your post quoted , #12076 :

GU

Still scalp bullish above 6667 - but still able to scalp sell under 82 for 60's possible

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...ert-retail-forex-trader-1510.html#post2291226

Someone else suggested concentrating on just 1 or 2 intstruments for a few days at least, so that you are able to make actual calls in realtime.
e.g -

''Long here at 1.5566''

(readers should be able to get the same price within a pip or 2)

I don't think(?) you replied, but I also think it's a good idea.

It takes a few seconds and would be quicker to post than lots of the stuff you post at the moment and people would finally be able to see if you are any good or not.

This is where somebody relatively inexperienced such as me gets confused. I can understand a stop being either a hard stop or a soft stop (manually executed close).

I can also understand you have a 20-25 pip stop to guard against what are for you major contrary movements and a soft stop of from 3 to 7 pips. But I don’t understand how you can have a soft stop of 3 to 7 pips, yet are willing to tolerate a 15 pip ‘spike’. It’s either one or the other. You can’t have a soft stop of 3-7 pips and yet watch price come back 15 pips against you otherwise you soft stop is more than 15 pips – not 3-7.

My other question and again embarrassing as I’m sure more experienced members will laugh; How do you tell at the time whether a move against you is a ‘spike’ (where price reverses) which in 80% of cases will revert or the start of a new move from which it will never look back. You can never know that until the bar/candle closes, by which time of course, it’s too late. How do you tell in real time which move is a spike and which is not. And in those cases where it is not, does your full 20-25 pip stop therefore get taken?

Sorry, each question brings a friend with it. Do tell me if I’m over-staying my welcome: If you calculate your position size on the 20-25 pip hard stop yet operate a 3-7 pip soft stop does that mean that whatever percentage of your capital you put up for risk on each trade will rarely yield above a reward:risk of 1:1? Not that I’m into reward:risk too much as a constant stream of positive pennies would be excellent, but just keen to get a handle on your methods and expectations.

Hi SD

No problem with your questions - you are welcome and i will try and explain in a bit more detail

First of all - with all scalp trades - I use a one click entry and exit and watch the trade from entries to when i fully exit - or take 70% off and leave the rest on with the stop in profit.

My stake size is normally under 1% of the Capital account - as main account is around the $50 -70k level with profits withdrawn on a regular basis - and i base my 1% or less on approx 5 pips - not the hard stop at 20 -25 pip area.

The hard stop is hardly ever needed - its just a "safety valve" - I might go over 1000 trades and its never hit once - as I have either exited with profit or within 5 -7 pips manually.

With regards to a sudden spike - thats why I don't use a a hard stop at 5 -7 pips - you do get the occasional quick spike in under 1 second that might happen when you are up say 2 or 3 pips in profit and its say 6 or 9 pip move against you in a split second - and so an hard stop would be taken out - but in most cases- small spikes revert to normal during the next minute or so.

In 90% of all my scalps - price either goes in my favour - or goes away from me after entry and i would then try and exit under minus 3 pips if possible.

Its only the odd occasions you get the anomalies - so were you cover for them - you accept they might only happen now and again. Timing is critical on scalp entries - and when you enter - you want to be catching the start of the momentum and so if you have say just a 0 5 pip or 1 pip spread then after entry you accept 1 to 3 pips drawdown - but expect to be positive by 1 or 2 pips within 30 seconds or a few minutes

All my scalps are taken from a tick chart or a 1 minute - and i would expect them to all finish normally under 30 mins with many only taking 10 -15 minutes - so thats why I watch them . if I make over 15 or 25 pips great - I might exit with 100% and then look again in another time window. If PA is slow I might exit with 70% and then lock the 30% in with stop in profit - 1 or 2pips or even 5 pips if room and then just leave alone - and only watch every 10 mins or 30 mins and move my stop more into profit if I can.

Some 30% trades with stops in profits can remain in action for hrs or days and instead of just making say 10 -25 pips - you end up with 70 pips or 200+ pips .

My Best one for March was on the EA from 5500 - I still have that running with 500 pips of profit locked in still - although I have exited other EA sells since after it started to retrace back above 4800 and 4900.

Remember trading is not black or white - its mostly grey - you need to have rules - but they cannot be fixed in stone - they need to be dynamic and flexible - just like the market.

Hope that helps and will post a 1 min chart and also mention my current indicator settings

Hope that helps for a start

Regards

F

From 17 mins ago - no under 74 and 72 for scalp sells yet

Similar no over 83 and 86 for scalp buys

A mini BTTZ :D

LOL , no i didnt collect the quote out of context , and i didnt cut and paste , the whole quote was from just a single post , here's your post quoted , #12076 :

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...ert-retail-forex-trader-1510.html#post2291226

Hi Tar

You missed out the other comments I had said on the GU that morning all within a 30 min period

I think you forget an aggressive scalper even in a bullish 30 min period can scalp sell for 3- 5 pips so if you sold at 72/3 and it bullish from 67 - you can still make a net 2- 5 pips if 67 held - if it did not hold that scalp sell then might drop futher

For me - and probably to experience scalpers - my message was clear

GU present high - of 6682 - you needed above there to scalp buy there - and if you scalp sold at 80 or 72/3 you might find at 67 it would try up again

Similar any scalp sell under 80 or 73 - might breach under 67 and drop lower.

If 67 held - than you would exit scalp sells and look to see if it tried back over 82/83 for more scalp buys.

OK - not clear for newbies - but as I have said many many times - this thread is not for new traders - its for traders with a few years experience - who also understand scalping and want to learn more.

I am not an alert service - all my comments on this thread are to assist me - as well as other members who might trade similar

I am trading 4 -6 pairs many days - I would not expect unexperienced intraday traders to do that - they should focus on just 1 or 2 pairs and stay with them and ignore all my comments on other pairs

Out of the thousands of comments I have made this year it's amazing that you do not want to chose on in advance successful clear instructions like the clear scalp sell on the EJ on Thursday at 141 79 - which needed less than a 5 pip stop and after I called it and posted my charts dropped over 70 pips over many hrs .

There are many more excellent examples of true 5 pip scalp calls in advance in this last few weeks - but of course they are of no use to your argument

Shame - but I am used to that from certain types of traders

Regards

F

Hi Tar

"You missed out the other comments I had said on the GU that morning all within a 30 min period

I think you forget an aggressive scalper even in a bullish 30 min period can scalp sell for 3- 5 pips so if you sold at 72/3 and it bullish from 67 - you can still make a net 2- 5 pips if 67 held - if it did not hold that scalp sell then might drop futher

For me - and probably to experience scalpers - my message was clear

GU present high - of 6682 - you needed above there to scalp buy there - and if you scalp sold at 80 or 72/3 you might find at 67 it would try up again

Similar any scalp sell under 80 or 73 - might breach under 67 and drop lower.

If 67 held - than you would exit scalp sells and look to see if it tried back over 82/83 for more scalp buys."

Yep. What is unclear about that? i bolded the important concepts.
i have done this with an account that offers good spreads. was unable to with previous sb spreads, but with half a pip at open and close no problem, With a 2.3 pip spread very frustrating

Last edited:
Someone else suggested concentrating on just 1 or 2 intstruments for a few days at least, so that you are able to make actual calls in realtime.
e.g -

''Long here at 1.5566''

(readers should be able to get the same price within a pip or 2)

I don't think(?) you replied, but I also think it's a good idea.

It takes a few seconds and would be quicker to post than lots of the stuff you post at the moment and people would finally be able to see if you are any good or not.

Hi lexcorp

i do actually make comments like that most of the time - and in advance - although I do realise if any followers are not updating the page every 30 seconds - you might only see my comment - 3-5 minutes after it happened and then you are bound to think its in arrears.

To counter act this problem - I now now longer make calls on scalps that might not do over 5 pips and also do updated quoting levels in advance - to carry on scalp buying or scalp selling -

For example - this last Friday - by best 2 scalp calls well in advance of the movements were on the AU and EA - In the EA's case by call

EA - back to a the low 4900 zone and scalp bearish still under 4923 and a scalp sell still under 4911

When i highlighted this call - which was in advance - several hrs later - the EA had fallen to 4880 - so 31 pips below my 4911 scalp sell call.

I can find out many every day - in fact some days 10+ calls well in advance of price movement.

But why should I ?

I am not a vendor - I am not an alert service - It my open thread and if members want to follow or comment on it - absolutely fine - but i dont really do it to help make all members 1000's of dollars etc - I do it for my own benefit - as it keeps me focused and I can check levels I comment on etc

In the last 6 months there as been less than 10 members who have posted their own calls on the thread - like Dow Jones and Morgan Edge and I knew right away that they knew what they were doing as experienced intraday traders

I was hoping there would be many more - even covering pairs I don't trade - like the Cad or Aud / Jpy etc etc - but even if we had say 10 experienced intraday traders all posting up to say 15 pairs a day - You would still not want to try and trade them all - you would just stay with the pairs you know and feel comfortable with.

Hope that helps

Regards

F

Regards

F

Hi Tar

You missed out the other comments I had said on the GU that morning all within a 30 min period

F

What was it put the comments here right now ?!!

This a clear example of this guy's manipulative behavior , first he accuses me that i did collect his quote from various posts out of context and i joined them up , then i immediately proved to him that i quoted him from one single post , i didn't cut and paste i didn't collect , now he says i missed another comment about the GU within 30 minutes ! Where is it ?!

Original quoted post :

GU

Last edited:
Tar

The comment 18 mins after the comment you picked on at 6 19 am on that day on the GU

I dont think you will know what the abbreviations in that comment will stand for though

I have no need to manipulate - just as you have no need to comment on the other 1000's of comments that are correct and are prior to the price movement

Please carry on though

:rolleyes::sleep::sleep:

Tar

The comment 18 mins after the comment you picked on at 6 19 am on that day on the GU

I dont think you will know what the abbreviations in that comment will stand for though

I have no need to manipulate - just as you have no need to comment on the other 1000's of comments that are correct and are prior to the price movement

Please carry on though

No , you said that i did collect the quote from various posts and joined them up out of context , i proved to you that's an obvious lie and it was from one single post . Why you said that ?!
Here's the other comment you are talking about which doesnt change a thing from the previous one :
From 17 mins ago - no under 74 and 72 for scalp sells yet

Similar no over 83 and 86 for scalp buys

A mini BTTZ :D

Last edited:

Please carry on though

Yes you throw-in some levels and numbers ahead of time , but that's not enough ,because you only follow up just when the price goes your way and gives you a handsome profit , that's not how it is done in real life , you cant manage your trades in a hindsight , what about the losses , in reality price was keeping crossing your levels and then retraces to catch your SL , such losses adds up and eat your account alive !

Regards

F

Why you are lying here ?! Stop lying .

Here's the post #12076 , i didn't collect or cut and paste :

GU

Status
Not open for further replies.