Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
1431 ( that was EU low so far price and my exit with slippage 33 )

out again

Will pop back after 4 30 pm

See you later guys

Attachments

• eu.JPG
    eu.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 104
Hi F,

Finally I decided to make my first post on your thread. I’m one of your biggest fans (not the alternative kind, though). I’ve been reading your threads from quite a while. As a matter of fact, I’ve read every single post on your other threads and have compiled a word document quoting every gold nugget that describes your method. It’s some 35 pages long atm. I even know that Basil is one of the most expensive dogs in the UK!

Unfortunately, I can’t follow you real time on this thread due to the time difference, but in my afternoon I rewind my charts and read your daily journal here. I think I have now a pretty good idea of the method, and I think it’s brilliant. I’ve been trading like this for some 1.5-2 months and I can see clearly it works. It requires a lot of focus, but overall it really works. Through this time, I’ve had some 3-4 losing days and of course I feel I need to improve a lot. I don’t have specific statistics, but trading some 4 hours (NY session), I can get 12-25 pips on 1 or 2 pairs (being GU my favorite). Not much for your standards (let alone MM’s), but trading 1% on 6 pips SL, it’s 2-4 % daily. I tend to close my trades too soon…need to work a lot on this bad behavior.

However, I’m so happy trading your method, that after 2,5 years on demo, I finally decided to open a real account. I’ll start soon real account…sort of nervous. I want to learn to manage my emotions in parallel with learning your method. Of course I’ll go with micro lots for some months.

I’m very wary of everything I read on these forums as, as you know, most of it is plain cr@p and full of people trying to take advantage of newbies. But when I started to read your method, everything made sense to me (I felt really connected!). I guess one must have spent some time scalping to really understand why it’s the most efficient way of trading. But hell, it’s not easy! Takes a lot of effort and dedication, something most people are not willing to do. I guess that’s where most of your alternative fan’s (I admire you’re such a gentleman with them) rage come from….they want your method in a cook recipe style without even bothering to read and practice your method.

As I said, I think I have a solid understanding of your method, but I have some questions and would like to discuss your philosophy on some specific trading scenarios. If you don’t mind, I’ll ask you on my subsequent posts. On this one I just wanted to introduce myself. But I’ll try to be more active on this thread.

Last but not least, I just wanted to say a big thank you for sharing your knowledge here for free. I just wish more people would take the time to appreciate it.

Cheers,
Keen246

Hi F,

Finally I decided to make my first post on your thread. I’m one of your biggest fans (not the alternative kind, though). I’ve been reading your threads from quite a while. As a matter of fact, I’ve read every single post on your other threads and have compiled a word document quoting every gold nugget that describes your method. It’s some 35 pages long atm. I even know that Basil is one of the most expensive dogs in the UK!

Unfortunately, I can’t follow you real time on this thread due to the time difference, but in my afternoon I rewind my charts and read your daily journal here. I think I have now a pretty good idea of the method, and I think it’s brilliant. I’ve been trading like this for some 1.5-2 months and I can see clearly it works. It requires a lot of focus, but overall it really works. Through this time, I’ve had some 3-4 losing days and of course I feel I need to improve a lot. I don’t have specific statistics, but trading some 4 hours (NY session), I can get 12-25 pips on 1 or 2 pairs (being GU my favorite). Not much for your standards (let alone MM’s), but trading 1% on 6 pips SL, it’s 2-4 % daily. I tend to close my trades too soon…need to work a lot on this bad behavior.

However, I’m so happy trading your method, that after 2,5 years on demo, I finally decided to open a real account. I’ll start soon real account…sort of nervous. I want to learn to manage my emotions in parallel with learning your method. Of course I’ll go with micro lots for some months.

I’m very wary of everything I read on these forums as, as you know, most of it is plain cr@p and full of people trying to take advantage of newbies. But when I started to read your method, everything made sense to me (I felt really connected!). I guess one must have spent some time scalping to really understand why it’s the most efficient way of trading. But hell, it’s not easy! Takes a lot of effort and dedication, something most people are not willing to do. I guess that’s where most of your alternative fan’s (I admire you’re such a gentleman with them) rage come from….they want your method in a cook recipe style without even bothering to read and practice your method.

As I said, I think I have a solid understanding of your method, but I have some questions and would like to discuss your philosophy on some specific trading scenarios. If you don’t mind, I’ll ask you on my subsequent posts. On this one I just wanted to introduce myself. But I’ll try to be more active on this thread.

Last but not least, I just wanted to say a big thank you for sharing your knowledge here for free. I just wish more people would take the time to appreciate it.

Cheers,
Keen246
good post and best of luck.If going live i would not put more than 1k in the account.do some research into negative balances on your account etc-f will advise(y)

Hi F,

Cheers,
Keen246

Hey Keen
I feel almost privileged to be the first to like your post. (y)
Well done for navigating your way though all the cr@p out there from various mojo's seeking..?.... Sounds like youve done your homework and plainly see the quality that is missed by most.
No doubt (unless youve done sub 5000hrs live trading) youll be welcomed to the warm bossom of the Fxmo clan with open arms, and I, just kinda get the feeling youl fit right in.
I did wonder a touch about your word document? Recording every nugget that F has said.:confused:.. Were they a large 35 pages or did you use exceptionally small text?
Details details devils details.

All the very best of luck. (which your sure not to need.) (y)
darkie

good post and best of luck.If going live i would not put more than 1k in the account.do some research into negative balances on your account etc-f will advise(y)

Thanks IT for the advice. It's going to be small account indeed. I just want to get used to the feeling of losing:mad: and winning:clap: real money and learn how to handle those emotions.

Hi F,

Cheers,
Keen246

had to come out of closet today to thank Keen (y)

welcome dude - welcome :smart:

always interested to read that document....its been done on other long threads so people might appreciate it here

N

always interested to read that document....its been done on other long threads so people might appreciate it here

N

Hi N

I got your message

Tried to send you one 3 times and it will not go through

Can you allow me into your mail ??

Regards

F

Hi Keen

Just back from over 70 mins away from desk

I will read your comments and it sounds good

Will come back to you in a bit after i have read it again

Thank you

All the best

F

N

Thanks NVP! I've read tons of your posts and know you're a real trader with a good sense of reality and vast experience.

Would agree with you IP for a start - even as low as £500 - for first few months etc etc then take it from there - step by step

(y)

Hi F,

Cheers,
Keen246

Hi Keen

Well first of all welcome

I see you are down from S Africa - so hopefully my alternative fans will now see its not me / MM / NVP / Sir Gissa - or even Basil the dog

You must have done your homework to find out about Basil the dog - him and my kids cost me thousands every week in missed opportunities etc etc - but saying that at my age - my priorities have changed and I am no longer wanting to purchase a helicopter like I did 15 -20 yrs ago - and so chasing every dollar is no longer my top priority.

Its great to hear what you have said and really pleased you have come out the closet - as I was getting worried it would be difficult to find more guys like MM who are committed. studious and relish a challenge.

I will certainly help you as much as I can - totally free of charge and openly on this forum

If you already have taken in the basics etc - it maybe just another 3 months journey for you - but from a pure cold clean sheet start I reckon its got to be 6 -8 months to get through all the stages etc

I am away in September for 9 days and that's a couple of weeks away for now - so over this next few weeks - please just fire away with a list etc etc - and I am sure besides myself MM and some of the other members will also say what they think

If you have already got you scalp win ratios over 65% with smalll stops then-
I would agree with Its Possible - start with a small live account even just $500 or under a grand and start with micro lots with just 1 % stake size of capital on say 5 -7 pip stops - or even 0.5% first 50 live scalps .

Please feel free to get a list out - and anytime you send stuff after this time in the day - can normally respond within 2 -3 hrs or so

Again thank you for what you have said - might have to frame it ;-)

Regardd

F

Status
Not open for further replies.