Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you might be interested in the results from that EA I was testing.
Wednesday it made a reasonable profit
Thursday was just in profit
Friday lost both profits and some.

I enclose a list of Friday's deals
Might have been better off fading them all !
I have written to the author for an explanation but he may not reply.

Attachments

• trades.PNG
    trades.PNG
    131.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Hi Pat,
Apart from the obvious untold riches, what was claimed by the vendor?
How long had it been working, max draw downs, profit and anything else?
Did you pay much, other than on Friday?
GL

Hi Pat,
Apart from the obvious untold riches, what was claimed by the vendor?
How long had it been working, max draw downs, profit and anything else?
Did you pay much, other than on Friday?
GL

Fortunately its been running on a demo account.
It cost E80 plus £50 to get it installed.
I can alter the sl and tp 50 & 100 and periods used at 3.

My own fault hoping that it would be any good really.

Hi Pat

Yes thanks for the info on the results etc

I will have a look today and try and work out whats its makings its decisions based on etc

Might have some questions later to ask - but first impression if you are getting that many trades a day you need maybe tighter stops etc - or is it a case you need to let them carry on for 3 or 5 days to see if they do make you 200+ pips rather than just taking profits at say 20 or 40 pips and exposing yourself to a 50 pip stop - ie trading with RR's less than 1 not really advisable etc

Regards

F

Surprise surprise the vendor has replied

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Patrick,
Thanks for your email.
"Buy Sell Arrow Scalper" can help you make great stable profit if you use it correctly.
All you have to do to start winning more trades is follow these simple trading rules:
1) Stay away from trading on weak sideways trends.
Indicator shows flat horizontal line when the trend is going sideways.
Also, it's a good idea to exit an open trade if the signal line becomes horizontal
for at least 5 continuous candles.
2) If you trade on M1 - open M5, check the current intraday short trend direction,
go back to M1 and only follow signals that go in the same direction with the M5 trend.

If M5 trend is up - we only follow buy signals on M1.
If M5 trend is down - we only follow sell signals on M1.
We don't trade downtrend signals if the current trend is up... just ignore those signals.
3) Use the indicator at the "right" time only! (During UK or US session)
4) Don't trade during major news announcements.
These are the most important rules for trading.
If you master them - your profit will be great.

Please try using the indicator with these rules
and let me know of your results. I guarantee you will be happy.
Let me know if you need anything, I will help you
Yours sincerely
/Karl Dittmann/

Surprise surprise the vendor has replied

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Patrick,
Thanks for your email.
"Buy Sell Arrow Scalper" can help you make great stable profit if you use it correctly.
All you have to do to start winning more trades is follow these simple trading rules:
1) Stay away from trading on weak sideways trends.
Indicator shows flat horizontal line when the trend is going sideways.
Also, it's a good idea to exit an open trade if the signal line becomes horizontal
for at least 5 continuous candles.
2) If you trade on M1 - open M5, check the current intraday short trend direction,
go back to M1 and only follow signals that go in the same direction with the M5 trend.

If M5 trend is up - we only follow buy signals on M1.
If M5 trend is down - we only follow sell signals on M1.
We don't trade downtrend signals if the current trend is up... just ignore those signals.
3) Use the indicator at the "right" time only! (During UK or US session)
4) Don't trade during major news announcements.
These are the most important rules for trading.
If you master them - your profit will be great.

Please try using the indicator with these rules
and let me know of your results. I guarantee you will be happy.
Let me know if you need anything, I will help you
Yours sincerely
/Karl Dittmann/

So it is more of a scalping system for intraday - therefore stops need to be tight - has he made any suggestions - ie 10 or 15 pips ??

Hi Pat

Been looking through Friday's trades from your EA

Have some more questions - for instance are the times UK BST or on a different setting - 1 or 2 hrs more either way ??

The stop losses have been all at different size stops. I think you say from his email he suggests 5 pip stop and 10 pip target. That will cause a problem - as the stop size is super tight - but Ok if the EA as very accurate timing and with the targets being always 10 pips you will miss out on the runners that travel 20 or 50+ pips in your trade direction

Can you set it up to have 2 or more targets - ie take say 60 or 70% off only at 10 pips and leave part stake on and then leave to stop as it was or move it up to entry +1 pip which means what ever happens then you have a win / win scenario after you have taken you main part of the scalp off ??

If the entries have the timing correct stay with 4 -7 pip stop size - dont bother with 15 or 20 pip size - as one loss then needs 2 or more wins to replace it - whereas on tight stops with good accurate entries means 2 losses can be replaced by one good trade

The win ratio on Friday was just too low - ie approx 38 trades and only 7 real winners - ie 18% - for a good intraday short term bot you need over 65% win ratio and ideally over 70% +. What was you win ratio's like on the winning 2 days of Wednesday and Thursday ?

A good system will always remain fairly consistent in all trading conditions - mine works out between 62% and 87% in any market - ie easy days 80% + - difficult conditions and a non easy day still expect over 6 out of 10 wins - and of course if one of the winning trades catches a good runner - then the win ratio's becomes less relevant

I can also see it was working on over 10 FX pairs - so on average only 4 trades a pair over a full working day which is not excessive. Trouble is if it gets it bias wrong and says sell 6 pairs - instead of just one or two losing trades - you end up with 6 or more.

Maybe i suggest focus just on 4 or 6 pairs for a start over a few weeks - the pairs you like etc and compare them with our calls and the LitS areas from early morning to see whether its worth letting a few run when the direction bias is stronger

You are wise to go demo for say 500 + or more trades. 95% of all retail bots are just not sophisticated enough to work all the while in the FX markets - you need to use a bit of discretion etc to stop you entering wrong set ups in market tease times.

The automated systems big commercials use probably cost 100's of K - or even millions to develop and stay as a winning system in the ever changing FX markets.

It might assist you etc - but i still think you might have to oversee it rather than just switch it on a live account and leave alone and come back to regular good profits.

Anyway - let see how it goes and see if we can fine tune it to improve on Friday's results

Regards

F

Hi Pat

Been looking through Friday's trades from your EA

Have some more questions - for instance are the times UK BST or on a different setting - 1 or 2 hrs more either way ??
The time is 2 hours earlier

The stop losses have been all at different size stops. I think you say from his email he suggests 5 pip stop and 10 pip target. That will cause a problem - as the stop size is super tight - but Ok if the EA as very accurate timing and with the targets being always 10 pips you will miss out on the runners that travel 20 or 50+ pips in your trade direction

Can you set it up to have 2 or more targets - ie take say 60 or 70% off only at 10 pips and leave part stake on and then leave to stop as it was or move it up to entry +1 pip which means what ever happens then you have a win / win scenario after you have taken you main part of the scalp off ??
Yes but only manually

If the entries have the timing correct stay with 4 -7 pip stop size - dont bother with 15 or 20 pip size - as one loss then needs 2 or more wins to replace it - whereas on tight stops with good accurate entries means 2 losses can be replaced by one good trade

The win ratio on Friday was just too low - ie approx 38 trades and only 7 real winners - ie 18% - for a good intraday short term bot you need over 65% win ratio and ideally over 70% +. What was you win ratio's like on the winning 2 days of Wednesday and Thursday ?
Must have been better, Thurs 4 wins & 17 losts

A good system will always remain fairly consistent in all trading conditions - mine works out between 62% and 87% in any market - ie easy days 80% + - difficult conditions and a non easy day still expect over 6 out of 10 wins - and of course if one of the winning trades catches a good runner - then the win ratio's becomes less relevant
This EA doesn't look that good at all. Maybe fade it ?

I can also see it was working on over 10 FX pairs - so on average only 4 trades a pair over a full working day which is not excessive. Trouble is if it gets it bias wrong and says sell 6 pairs - instead of just one or two losing trades - you end up with 6 or more.

Maybe i suggest focus just on 4 or 6 pairs for a start over a few weeks - the pairs you like etc and compare them with our calls and the LitS areas from early morning to see whether its worth letting a few run when the direction bias is stronger
Will do

You are wise to go demo for say 500 + or more trades. 95% of all retail bots are just not sophisticated enough to work all the while in the FX markets - you need to use a bit of discretion etc to stop you entering wrong set ups in market tease times.

The automated systems big commercials use probably cost 100's of K - or even millions to develop and stay as a winning system in the ever changing FX markets.

It might assist you etc - but i still think you might have to oversee it rather than just switch it on a live account and leave alone and come back to regular good profits.
It is just an indicator. It doesn't buy or sell

Anyway - let see how it goes and see if we can fine tune it to improve on Friday's results

Regards

F

Thanks F

Monday 27th July 2015 - Pre Opens

Good Morning to all FX Intraday Traders

A dismal Monday morning and the start of the last week of the month

Any time after 5 39am and 5 51am this morning the EU and EJ have been scalp buys.

I was not up and around at 5 39 am UK time - but was ready for just before 6 00 am and so took advantage of both for first scalps of the morning - with both pairs presently above their LitS levels.

Not a lot of red news announcements today - but one on the EU at 9 00 am UK time

Normal stuff again today - I will get the LitS levels out during next 20 mins and then suggest levels and areas to look for buys and sells etc

All FX Traders with at least a year or so of experience behind them are welcome to contribute etc - ie charts - calls - forecast - questions - ideas etc etc - the more the merrier.

Even though its only a Monday - I still expect to try and cover at least 5 hours of a normal 10 -12 hr session - with the objective of taking anything from 10 to 20+ intraday trades - all off small stop sizes of 3 to max 7 pips ( average 5 pips ) with targets of 7 to 25+ pips - although if a scalp does not make 7 pips I will stay take any profit I can rather than wait or be stopped out

All the best and have a good day

Regards

F

6 33 am

LitS areas on some key FX pairs

These are levels that assist me with the session price structure and bias . Above the LitS areas favours buys as the pair is in a bullish PS - whereas under the LitS area - the opposite .

In any area we can both scalp buy and scalp sell with PA but the bias off the PS should give us better trades with the correct direction.

EU - 0978 - 0990 ish

GU - 5510 - 5520 ish

EJ - 135 75 - 135 90 ish

UChf - 9610 - 9625 ish

GJ - 191 95 - 192 15 ish

UJ - 123 75 - 123 95 ish

AU - 7270 - 7290 ish

UCad - 3045 - 3065 ish

GU & GJ

Both after 6 09 am and 6 21 am ( KT's) have been scalp sells

If you can match or sync pairs up then you do normally get better larger scalp moves

I have always intraday traded the EJ but have recently added the GJ ( the beast ) even though its got a larger spread - the moves can be so much larger ie 13 pips off the last scalp sell compared to normal early morning scalps that might only make 5 or 7 pips

EU

6 46 am - Update etc prior to the European Open

First comment I will say - be careful or ready in case we get spikes again ( either way) at exactly 7 00 and 8 00 am ( on the opens and hr change)

The EU is bullish this morning for now - certainly above 0980 + - but we need to to see over 1020 and 1030+ to stay with or take more scalp buys.

So far we have only made 1014/ 15 with the last LH at 1011

We need to stay above 1002 on pullbacks to stay with or take more scalp buys for now.

We can scalp sell under 1000 - but only look at holding them on longer or taking new ones if we breach under 0980 and 70 areas

EU

6 56 am

The LH at 1011 as now gone over 30 mins with no breach. That means it might need another 20 -30 mins to try again - or it could mean further falls now

We have the EO in the next 4 mins or so - so lets see what kicks in next .

Under 1000 and 0980 hold sells on longer - but if we stay above 1000 and try to turn up - then we might see a BTTZ before any proper move etc

This might be connected with the red EU news at 9 00 am - and up to then we might just stay in a range

I hope not - but it is a boring early Monday morning - so that could happen

GU & GJ

Both after 6 09 am and 6 21 am ( KT's) have been scalp sells

If you can match or sync pairs up then you do normally get better larger scalp moves

I have always intraday traded the EJ but have recently added the GJ ( the beast ) even though its got a larger spread - the moves can be so much larger ie 13 pips off the last scalp sell compared to normal early morning scalps that might only make 5 or 7 pips

GU

7 02 am

Now dropped down to 5513 - 17 pips from 6 09 am time

The bounces have started but under 5524/25 should be another scalp sell for now - as we need to see back over 27 / 28 to stay with any buys

EU

7 07 am

Stayed above 1000 - and was a scalp buy at 7 02/3 am - but remember we need another 5 - 10 min before we can try breaching the last high - thats if price wants to

Still need under 1000 and now 97 to take new scalp sells

Status
Not open for further replies.