Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 31 pm

EU

Just made 1184 on my platform

Another 70% off on last sell added at 92

So still got 60% on sell in total - but unless we drop under 82 and 80 - will exit another 30%

i know about you using time in your trading and i have used similar with some success before but felt that simplicity keeps me more consistent.

I think if you can combine it with a method that works for you - all the better

Anything that might improve our trading by say 10 or 20% is worth trying - but you must be comfortable with how you do it and how you trade

Over the years and 1000's of trades - it become easier for me - but as you would expect - I never get it 100% correct - but most days I make above my daily target - even if i have just 2 bad trades - or even some day 5 bad trades

Well Done

Its just done 1179 now - so a nice scalp sell(y)

Attachments

• 2015-05-19_12-36-33.png
    2015-05-19_12-36-33.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 92
I think if you can combine it with a method that works for you - all the better

Anything that might improve our trading by say 10 or 20% is worth trying - but you must be comfortable with how you do it and how you trade

Over the years and 1000's of trades - it become easier for me - but as you would expect - I never get it 100% correct - but most days I make above my daily target - even if i have just 2 bad trades - or even some day 5 bad trades

Well Done

Its just done 1179 now - so a nice scalp sell(y)

thanks.. as i said this is still a relatively new strategy i am working on (been trading off much larger time frames before this) and actually had inspiration to do so from this thread. i think i will probably add a few things to it but overall i am happy with it giving me approximately 3-6 trades a day

thanks.. as i said this is still a relatively new strategy i am working on (been trading off much larger time frames before this) and actually had inspiration to do so from this thread. i think i will probably add a few things to it but overall i am happy with it giving me approximately 3-6 trades a day

Good to hear and if you can get in say 3 -6 trades a day on a pair - then you should make money as your stops are fairly tight and then you move half into break even ( try for 2-5 pips of profit if you can) then even if a couple go wrong - you should still end up positive.

I try and scalp 2 or 3 pairs - but will always try and get a scalp on another pair so I can hopefully leave a stake on with stop in profits

Maybe only 20 - 30% of these part stakes work - but when you catch a nice move suddenly your part stake can end up earning more than you main trade - especially on the 50 -100 pip moves

Also if you can combine your longer term strategy with intraday - then you will end up with a better understanding of price moves etc - and this will then help you improve on both fronts

Look forward to more of your work - your welcome

Regards

F

EU

1 15 pm

Dont think I will be here for news in 15 mins - but will be around for 2 30 - 3 00 pm for an hour or two

EU price now at 1176

Under 65 and 57 stay with sells and hold on for another fall under 1150 and lower.

Bounces ups need above 1220 and 30 to start taking more scalp buys aiming for 1250 or 1270 /80 and even 1300 level

In between ie 1170 to 1220 - its really just scalping both ways - but news might manage to move it out that area

GL

See you later

( try for 2-5 pips of profit if you can) then even if a couple go wrong - you should still end up positive.

this is the area i will likely add to the method as i do see the potential in the break even stops that get hit. As for leaving a stake on, i do this when trading larger time frames and also lock on profit accordingly. I have never thought it was necessary to leave a stake on when trading the 5 minute simply because there are enough measured moves every day to give give me plenty of profit. This is especially the case on trending legs where i can get a payoff 5 or more times my initial risk and often get at least 2 of these in a trading day on just one pair. By the way i only trade this strategy on the EU at the moment and will likely extend that to another pair every year to accommodate a gradual on-boarding of workload. Happy to be around and hope there are many more days to come

nice usd news at 1.30 and I caught some of the EU fall ..........

ok made 250 pips now today so taking a breather

better performance from me today than yesterdays pippage - so pleased

149 trades - 85% / 15% win /lose
248 pips made

so after commission its still a decent few quid up today before U.S opening

poss back later
N

Last edited:
This thread has just been cleaned up and let's make one thing clear, publicly posting an infraction then treating it like a joke will result in being banned.

I welcome all scalpers etc - as it good to see everybody's different styles and readings etc etc - so please carry on - along with charts and calls etc - and stop levels you use etc etc

here here............this is getting interesting now as more come to play (y)

I see over 50 viewers on the thread............that's excellent viewing figures and more than the itvbe channel :LOL:

Good to hear and if you can get in say 3 -6 trades a day on a pair - then you should make money as your stops are fairly tight and then you move half into break even ( try for 2-5 pips of profit if you can) then even if a couple go wrong - you should still end up positive.

I try and scalp 2 or 3 pairs - but will always try and get a scalp on another pair so I can hopefully leave a stake on with stop in profits

Maybe only 20 - 30% of these part stakes work - but when you catch a nice move suddenly your part stake can end up earning more than you main trade - especially on the 50 -100 pip moves

Also if you can combine your longer term strategy with intraday - then you will end up with a better understanding of price moves etc - and this will then help you improve on both fronts

Look forward to more of your work - your welcome

Regards

F

dear lord give me just one ...............played a few out today but still not sold into the process............the voices in my head tell me to scalp !!!

nice usd news at 1.30 and I caught some of the EU fall ..........

ok made 250 pips now today so taking a breather

better performance from me today than yesterdays pippage - so pleased

149 trades - 85% / 15% win /lose
248 pips made

so after commission its still a decent few quid up today before U.S opening

poss back later
N
Just out of interest sir, of those 248 pips over 149 trades, what's the distribution of pips per trade? By that I mean, how many trades at 1 pip, 2 pips, 10 pips etc. and of course -1 pip, -2 pips etc.

Mod
How is it a guy continually coming to the thread to incite and mock the people who put in a lot of effort and have made this a good thread with some camaraderie, allowed to run like a child and you pander to him.
What was said was hardly offensive and long overdue in my opinion and surely moderating may take in to account more than one word, however apt it may be.

Mod
How is it a guy continually coming to the thread to incite and mock the people who put in a lot of effort and have made this a good thread with some camaraderie, allowed to run like a child and you pander to him.
What was said was hardly offensive and long overdue in my opinion and surely moderating may take in to account more than one word, however apt it may be.
Nick, that's the point. None of my posts have been to 'mock or incite'. Check over them if ya want. I have been, and am, genuinely interested in what's goin on here. Me response to MM's rather typically unpleasant response in the early hours of (my) morning was possibly below the belt in suggesting his day's efforts posted with such apparent glee would cover coffee, but the basis of that no less than elaborated on by yer very own post on the same topic earlier today.

I'd also suggest that questioning the mods decisions and disrespecting their intent is not going ta go down too well.

If you've got a bee in your bonnet about me that's a pity - but if ya take a minute to see where I've been comin from the whole time, it has been from a place of genuine interest. That some people don't take kindly to my views, based on experience from a very different place, is not an issue. It is the manner of their response to it which has caused the problem.

Mod

This thread may be lots of things...but "good thread" are not words that I, and many others would use to describe it !

Status
Not open for further replies.