Interactive Brokers - Questions regarding paper trading without incurring account fee

rcro

Hi,

Apologies if this is a question that is easy to find the answer to, but I have looked on the IB site and it is still not clear.

I've opened a IB pro account (UK based) and want to paper trade my strategies for a period of time without actually funding the account. My concern is the inactivity/funding fee IB charge around $10-20 per month. Can anyone provide some info on the best way to paper trade with IB without incurring monthly inactivity fees? I tried to look to see if the IB lite account was available to UK residents but again wasn't clear and didn't give me the option during the application? I think the fees are wavered for 3 months, but not 100% sure if £0 balance, plus I could be longer than 3 months paper trading. I have a individual PRO cash account, is this the most appropriate account for initially paper trading?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ok, if anyone had a similar question I've got the answer from CS. "You don't pay any fees if your account is not funded".

You can check some great reviews here that go into details and explain fees and accounts: