Paper trading Interactive Brokers UK

Pirrt

I am looking to start paper trading US equities using the Interactive Brokers TWS from the UK.

I am struggling to get TWS to update/have real time information so I can actually practice paper trading and I was wondering if anyone here has used TWS to paper trade?

I have the $500 minimum balance to receive basic data but I am quite unwilling to start paying for the monthly data subscriptions before I even have any practice on the platform. On the IB website it states there is a refresh icon but I can't seem to find this and have to reload a stock to get any kind of update which is not ideal.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have worked it out for anyone who might have seen this post and wondered the answer.

Once you have the $500 equity position you do need to subscribe the live market data or pay around $0.01 for each updated snapshot on each position. You can have the fees waived for the basic level US equity data by generating commissions which is not ideal as a paper trader but I am viewing it as a learning subscription!

Level II is a whole extra level of subscription so I will look into this after I have traded for a while!

Forex data is free on IB so no need to subscribe if that is your chosen instrument. What instruments are you wishing to trade ?

Forex data is free on IB so no need to subscribe if that is your chosen instrument. What instruments are you wishing to trade ?
Trying and failing, to trade US equities through the TWS. Still don't seem to be getting live data through even though I have now applied for the subscriptions

The snapshot data is not ideal in my view. It only costs $10 a month to get the US stock live data and then using a demo login with your login details you should be able to practice placing trades.

The snapshot data is not ideal in my view. It only costs $10 a month to get the US stock live data and then using a demo login with your login details you should be able to practice placing trades.
Yeah I have subscribed to $10 for live stock data but I am still having issues seeing live data (I have reached out to IB for help). Once this issue is sorted I will be over the moon! I am so ready to start trading ha!