Paper trading Interactive Brokers UK

Pirrt

5 0
I am looking to start paper trading US equities using the Interactive Brokers TWS from the UK.

I am struggling to get TWS to update/have real time information so I can actually practice paper trading and I was wondering if anyone here has used TWS to paper trade?

I have the $500 minimum balance to receive basic data but I am quite unwilling to start paying for the monthly data subscriptions before I even have any practice on the platform. On the IB website it states there is a refresh icon but I can't seem to find this and have to reload a stock to get any kind of update which is not ideal.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pirrt

5 0
I have worked it out for anyone who might have seen this post and wondered the answer.

Once you have the $500 equity position you do need to subscribe the live market data or pay around $0.01 for each updated snapshot on each position. You can have the fees waived for the basic level US equity data by generating commissions which is not ideal as a paper trader but I am viewing it as a learning subscription!

Level II is a whole extra level of subscription so I will look into this after I have traded for a while!

Trader333

8,652 980
Forex data is free on IB so no need to subscribe if that is your chosen instrument. What instruments are you wishing to trade ?

Pirrt

5 0
Forex data is free on IB so no need to subscribe if that is your chosen instrument. What instruments are you wishing to trade ?
Trying and failing, to trade US equities through the TWS. Still don't seem to be getting live data through even though I have now applied for the subscriptions

Trader333

8,652 980
The snapshot data is not ideal in my view. It only costs $10 a month to get the US stock live data and then using a demo login with your login details you should be able to practice placing trades.

Pirrt

5 0
The snapshot data is not ideal in my view. It only costs $10 a month to get the US stock live data and then using a demo login with your login details you should be able to practice placing trades.
Yeah I have subscribed to $10 for live stock data but I am still having issues seeing live data (I have reached out to IB for help). Once this issue is sorted I will be over the moon! I am so ready to start trading ha!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock