Indices Intra day data

olwenh

Does anyone have/ know where I can get 3 files?

I've just started using the test version of Sierra with mytrack basic feed.

I'd like to have historic intraday files for the

FTSE, DAX & ES.

It's just for testing before I comit to paying for it.

tks,

o

You are restricted to what you can view with the demo version I'm afraid.
It will cost you around £26 for six months of live charts. and direct access trading. + exchange fees for whatever you use. Must be worth it surely.

I don't think I was very clear.

I don't have a problem paying for Sierra, as you say it's very cheap, but I'd need to pay a lot more for the mytrack datafeed.

I don't want to commit to that yet as I'm already paying for another feed.

Also I won't get the historical data I'm looking for - I think they only go back about 2 weeks and I want to go back further than that.

Once I've got that, I can decide which feeds I need to pay for.

o

If it's any help. The historic data is even worse from IB and Sierra, in fact it's non existent. I use the charts from Inverline.com for all the back data. Gives ten years or more.

For the most reliable EOD data, check Prestel, at finexprestel.com
It costs tho.... MyTrack EOD data for UK stuff has been nothing short of appaling by way of unchecked errors.

thanks i'll have a look.

would I be able to download a file to pull into sierra? as this is the solution I'm looking at right now.

I already have sharescope and a couple of other charting facilities and I want to simplify my life.

I just wanted ascii files with historical intraday data in them to play around with. I won't be using it to trade as it won't be updated. I want to get a feel for them in Sierra.

i'll check back later as i'm off out now.

o.

didn't see your post chartman.

No i don't want eod - i use sharescope for that, I just wondered if anyone might have an accumulated file for the indexes mentioned.

Hi olwenh,

If you were passed the data Sierra will not let you open it in any case without a subscription....

Otherwise I would email you a sample.

JonnyT

thanks JonnyT. I'll sort out the subs tonight or tomorrow then & I'd be really grateful for the files.

many thanks

O

I've got myself sorted out now with Sierra.

If anyone has any ideas how I can get the data I want I'd be really grateful.

Sierra has a link to HQUOTE but it only has historical intraday US & Canadian.

tks

o

What do you require?

eminis?

Send me a PM with your email address and I will see what I can do.

JonnyT

J,

I got your message saying you'd sent me some data, but I haven't recieved anything.

Do you mind trying again - I'll confirm my e-mail address to you via pm.

tks

o