indicators!! as useful as a polished turd

is price action better than indicators

• yes

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • no

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Price action alone is second hand information, so where does that leave indicators? Indicators are like junk mail, everyone and anyone can get them, there's only one place for them.

Some of the very best and most successful traders use indicators to some degree or other.

How do you square that with your attitude towards them ?

Some of the very best and most successful traders use indicators to some degree or other.

How do you square that with your attitude towards them ?

Who? Who uses them? I've not got an attitude toward indicators yacarob, i just think they are placebo, useless and not called for.

That is your opinion my friend.

Others may disagree.

Have a nice evening.

BTW, I know of at least 2 very successful traders who occasionally post on T2W.

They both use a 10 period EMA superimposed on their price charts, as I do myself.

A 10 period EMA is an indicator is it not ?

I must say that I find it exceedingly useful.

I also find the use of indicators rather useful when driving my car.

They may be secondary to the immediate road action but they are of great use in averting tragedy.

A useful analogy maybe ??

Must go, my beer alert has just gone off....it must have hit the pre-set temperature.

Temperature......another indicator which prevents me from throwing up if the beer is too warm.

Ciao

Great, i may subscribe to one of the sites, what other secrets do they have in store? Isn't Google a great trading device.

Why does this topic annoy you so much ?

Does anyone really care who uses or does not use indicators ?

I certainly don't.

I use them!

Why?

As for the sites/traders that Fibs posted, who supposedly use indicators,...

What's going to sell?

If a potential subscriber is going to think that they are learning, then let them believe it's easy, it's the indicators....that everyone has access to. Don't offer anything remotely hard to learn to some lazy basturd, who trawls the net for easy money or answers to trading.

If you want a mo-mo subscribing to your tipping service, tell the fcuker it's all in the indicators. Tell him an edge is non transferable, and they're off to, 'live with Oscar'.com.....goodbye potential subscriber$£!

Paul,

Position sizing strategy is of critical importance in my view to reduce risk when entering a trade. This cannot be determined by observing price action alone. You asked a question and I gave an example of where I would use an indicator to help me trade.

Are you now trading using price action only and if so how are you finding it ?

Paul

What does price show?

Thats an answer that some people are looking for.... Then maybe knowing this they can use the price as their indicator ??

ehh,what......the... do some people use price as an indicator? is it one then?

**** this ,I'm hitting the JD.....

Paul,

Position sizing strategy is of critical importance in my view to reduce risk when entering a trade. This cannot be determined by observing price action alone. You asked a question and I gave an example of where I would use an indicator to help me trade.

Are you now trading using price action only and if so how are you finding it ?

Paul

Hi Paul.

Yeh, i agree, correct position sizing is critical, and it differs between individuals.

I use the DOM for order entry, i use brackets and limits. I run a 1 and 5 min chart just to keep me in check.

How is Grey1 doing these days?

Hey,

Is grey1 still trading BOs? Jesus, BOs,.....i couldn't think of a more tedious, boring and irritating way to go.

But that's Grey1.

There are literally a handful of traders on this forum who have actually proved that they can trade profitably through endless realtime trade calls (Devilicus, Firewalker and Dinos spring to mind)

Grey1 posts lots of balance statements and also realtime calls via free trading seminars, I beileve.

I think that Grey1 and Devilicus use indicators in their trading. Dont think Firewalker does. Not sure about Dinos.

Im sure indicators must have their uses...Guess you've just gotta know how and when to use them.

Is grey1 still trading BOs?

I was never aware that he ever traded breakouts maybe you could elaborate ?

i couldn't think of a more tedious, boring and irritating way to go

For me trading is about profit and I don't care if it is boring

The strategy used by Grey1 is probably the most consistently successful one I have ever come across and is based more on cycle analysis than anything else.

Paul