Index King In Da' House !

Skim

Hugo stated on this site today that he will not be putting up his prices. Now, with his track record we may have to take that with a pinch of salt. Let's hope he has learnt his lesson from his recent misdemeanour and the reaction it has provoked.

If he does put up his prices within 12 months (even he can't mean never) I will be the first to call him every F*&^%&(*)(&^%%^%^&&*&**"&*(**(((~'#(((*(((*&&*&**&T under the sun.

As for what I would pay to subscribe, If betting £5 per point and he was consistently producing 300 points per month, I would consider £50 per month a reasonable price. Hugo, if you are reading this, dont be tempted or i'll C$^*&(*** your *)))*^ off!!

I hope Hugo pays TTW a lump sum for all the free advertising he has had. Looking at the number of hits on his website and this thread, it looks like most of his customers have come from here.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves," (Matthew 7:15).

HI
here are IK's terms of use, i'm sure he's changed them from the originals

Conditions Of Use:
Trades are provided for informational purposes only, and are not an invitation to trade. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Winning-Spreadbets.Com shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. By accessing this site, a user agrees not to redistribute the information found therein. All trades provided by Winning-Spreadbets.Com are based solely upon the author's own research Trades may carry a loss before completion. Winning-Spreadbets.Com shall not be liable for any actions taken in reliance thereon

it says "Trades are provided for informational purposes only, and are not an invitation to trade"

is that not what the site is all about? and is that not what the new charge is for?

IK has stated more than once that he and his trades have made money for others who follow is advice.

just by putting a clause in like that dont mean anything

thx

Surely these conditions of use are meaningless when the operator behind them has taken extraordinary steps to hide his identity, and use offshore hosting and payment collectors in an attempt perhaps to get round the FSA jurisdiction, and has admitted he will be using someone else's name and contact details on his live site.

hi ik.....ive never traded your recommendations and have no interest in doing so.....i have followed the tread though and accept that your system works......i'd be happy to pay £25 per month but i'm more of a short term trader and i want to sleep at night!!.....what you should do to get back at all the freeloading whingers is just close your site down and continue to make money from trading your system and not post any trade recommendations here.......you shouldnt have to feel as if youve broken the law by changing your mind about charging for your recommendations.....

good luck....bertie

bertie,
I think you are on to something. IK's system will make him a lot of money, and it would perhaps be best if he made that his business rather than the increasingly dodgy set-up he is currently operating.
Lets hope people don't follow Index Kings own attitude towards terms and conditions. After all, he ignored t2w's which bans advertising, so why should anyone follow his terms not to pass on his info?And if they do pass on his info after agreeing to his terms and conditions surely they can say "I'm sorry IK, I've let you down but I've changed my mind."

A word of caution

I’ve been following IK method for about 6 weeks now, a few weeks ago I figured out the system – it’s not rocket science! It’s that easy I am really surprised no one else has figured it out.

Anyway I wanted to backtest the Dow/FTSE results that IK was quoting on his site. I was able to match all his stats back to about May/June this year (this takes you back to +68, -44, -8), however prior to that I was unable to match any stats until the sequence +46, -447, +185 (Nov 2002). Interestingly IK stats were quoting 4773 points in between these dates, my spreadsheet was showing 332 points.

Comparing the same time frame (Jul 02-Oct 03) my spreadsheet showed approx 4500 points and about a 75% success rate. I then took into account unfavourable prices and spreads of 25 points per trade which took the total down to around 3000 points (roughly broken down as follows, 1500 points made Jul-Aug 02 and 1500 points made Jul–Oct 03) and a 67% success rate.

IK may well have a different strategy he uses between Nov-May which explains the much higher points quoted, but the spreadsheet I used applying the current IK strategy showed no gain between Aug 2002 and Jul 2003.

P.S. Reverse tonight if the Dow hits 9872 or more.

JAC,

I notice you only joined TODAY!, so it must be a really easy system to work it out, backtest and post this answer all today.

For the benefit of those of us still struggling, why not post the details? or a clue?

If you'd rather not then just e-mail me and I'll confirm it without posting details either!

Regards Stephen

Just a correcton . May I suggest to call IK's work as his methodology and not system ..

Systems MUST HAVE STOPLOSS incorporated in them. IK's methodology does not offer this and is very dangerous ..

The good result you all have been getting is the result of COMPENSATION FOR RISK which all methodologies offer including gambling ..

Add Stoploss to the methodology then it will fail time and time again ..

The whole idea of edge in market is to be able to devise a system to control your losses in an intelligent way while letting system to profuce profit..

IK, I mean no personal attack and am open to be corrected..

JAC - useless - u were out by one whole point !

Ok, so what's the system for all of us to dumb to work it out?

Cheers :)

PS - fat chance of that dow target being met today ! No offence IK.

I think I've got it! So if you add 5,432 to the FTSE close tomorrow, you have tomorrow's target. That should save a few quid:)

I have spent a long time looking for a complicated system when the numbers were staring me in the face. It's too easy to give a clue.

Bigbusiness has indeed found an elegant solution that could well be the foundation of IK's system. Well done BB :D I have another one running in TradeStation, also relatively simple, and it too gives good results (approx 4500-5500 pts pa in backtesting over three years). The fun is in the working out ;) but I can't be sure my system will work reliably going forward, so I wouldn't consider trading it until it had worked in realtime for a considerable period.

Paul

hi
here is what is thought to be one half of IK's system as sussed by Bigbusiness

(Dow close - FTSE close 6 days ago) + FTSE close today = Target price to close and reverse.

(9857-4324)+4339 = 9872

its only been cracked in the last few hours and is still being checked, the second part of the system will be posted as soon as it is sussed!!!

Now this is what Ik should have done.. but he got greedy, people got miffed and decided to get their teeth in to it.

so pmma and all the others that still think IK is wonderful, you still gone hand over your £25 to this canadian/dutch website??

thx

hi

nothing to do with me, bigbusiness is the brains of the outfit i'm just the mouthpiece :cheesy:

These boards are here for people to help others, and not to say "i know something you dont, but you are going to have to pay me if you want to know"

if i knew a system that worked i would share it or any other information for that matter..

thx

thanks citroen for posting the solution and bigbusiness for cracking it, Ive been going mad here subtracting one close from another and then adding to todays close.

Far too many possible combinations so thanks a bunch for finally posting the solution.

Aint the net a wonderful thing :)))