Sticky I'm New To T2W - Where Do I Start?

Hello! This is my first time in trading. I think i’m not alone here. Would you help me with my first steps in trading?

Hello! My name is Roman Sokolov. I am 33 years old. I have been trading for 7 years. Have 1 year of development experience in the MQL5 programming language.

I'm a Developer , working on projects as Forex signal v1.01

Been developing tools for many other projects such as NFT.

Hello everyone . Smith is here. I'm new to the forum and have been trading for short time. I'm looking to begin investing in stocks and believe that it is a good time to do so since share prices are low. Could anyone suggest which company I should begin?

SHORT ANSWER

Welcome to T2W!
If you've just joined - please introduce yourself here
If you're not yet a member, joining T2W is quick, simple and FREE! Join now

If you’re not only new to T2W, but also new to trading, once you’re familiar with the contents of this Sticky, head over to: I’m New To TRADING – Where Do I Start?

Now, here are three links to help you get the most out of T2W . . .
• For info' about forum usage, features and tools - check out Trade2Win FAQs
• Please take a minute to read through our simple Community Constitution. It won't take long - promise!
• If you're selling any kind of trading related goods or services, or affiliated to someone who is, please familiarize yourself with our Vendor Policy

The Long Answer in the next post answers 10 mini-FAQs about T2W:
1. What is T2W and what are its objectives?
2. What are the main areas of the site? (Home, Forums and Articles etc.)
3. What are ‘Essentials’ and ‘Best Threads’ Stickies?
4. Is there a reputation system and how does it work?
5. Are there any guidelines about writing reviews?
6. What forum tools are there and how do I use them?
7. How can I contact other T2W members?
8. How do I report a post?
9. Does T2W endorse any vendors?
10. How does one spot experienced, knowledgeable and profitable traders on T2W?
OK, guys and gals, I am new to you but not new to the world - I am 84 years young. I am an engineer, artist, musician, and love life! So, I have decided to enter the fast moving world of intraday trading. I have traded equities for about 60 years. I am not really retired - just needed a new learning environment. Hi All.

Hi, I've been trading for 19 years. I use my own style, which has nothing to do with PA, MP, TA, FA and etc.
And I will show you that it is also possible (y)

Start with educating yourself. Find good resources to study from. I recommended you to begin learning with babypipes. That course will give you a basic idea about forex trading and how to get started with it.

Hi all, I'm new to cryptocurrency. Came in at the beginning of 2021 and immediately decided to dive into trading. At the moment I have a few lost deposits under my belt, and only a few successful trades. I will be glad to get any advice for newbies.

Hi I am new to T2W forum, and I have traded equity for about 4 years as an institutioanl trader. Now I just started a new career but still trading on my personal account

Hi I am new to T2W forum, and I have traded equity for about 4 years as an institutioanl trader. Now I just started a new career but still trading on my personal account
Welcome and so would you describe the transition from institutional to private as the shackles coming off? How is it going is the equity curve as it was before?

Welcome and so would you describe the transition from institutional to private as the shackles coming off? How is it going is the equity curve as it was before?
The major difference is that I was only allowed to trade certain stocks when I worked for the institutions, so I missed a lot of great opportunities like TLRY in 2018 and NIO in 2020(GME last year was great but it was not my style hahaha). Just to be fair, the restriction might stop me from taking too much risk and saved my ass at the same time. Now I am starting a new career to build a free screener for traders like me, but I still keep trading since I actually make the same as I traded for institutions.

The major difference is that I was only allowed to trade certain stocks when I worked for the institutions, so I missed a lot of great opportunities like TLRY in 2018 and NIO in 2020(GME last year was great but it was not my style hahaha). Just to be fair, the restriction might stop me from taking too much risk and saved my ass at the same time. Now I am starting a new career to build a free screener for traders like me, but I still keep trading since I actually make the same as I traded for institutions.
So were you also precluded from trading your own money in your own time whilst employed? And do you plan on self-imposing any of the previous restrictions on your current trading or are you going to be letting your hair down so to speak?

There are a number of free screeners already out there so what do you want to offer/include with yours that will be better for us?

So were you also precluded from trading your own money in your own time whilst employed? And do you plan on self-imposing any of the previous restrictions on your current trading or are you going to be letting your hair down so to speak?

There are a number of free screeners already out there so what do you want to offer/include with yours that will be better for us?
I am currently trading with my own money so it is much riskier for me than before. But I am still using the same strategy and restriction. I am currently taking less size than before to kill some risk and I get better cut now (100% cut since I am using my own money). It is working well for the last 3 months.

For the screener part, I am trying to implement Natural Language Processing with my friends, so traders can just type in sentences like "stocks gap up more than 10% today", "profitable tech-stocks with high R&D expense", "downward extended stocks with daily chart hammer" and get what they are looking for.

Right now, my screener page is definitely not perfect at all, but I am trying to get more ideas from other traders about what functions they are looking for on a screener page, especially those functions that are not supported by other popular screeners. Then I can know what kind of solutions should I provide on my screener page and help these traders.

I talked to a trader last week and he told me that he had to get up 2 A.M. in the morning to do his research on pre-mkt data, and now I am working on the functions he needs. I don't know if this will make my screener page stands out from others(probably not hahaha), but it feels really satisfied if I can solve someone's problem.

Hi, I'm newbie here! I heard T2W is one of the best forex forum and provides very appropriate information! Hope to be usefull for me!