I'll never make fun of......

Beware!! Premium rate number £1 per min.

Only enter this site if you want to pay £1 per min for a premium rate number. I've come across this one before and I was unaware of the premium rate number. It connected using both lines of my ISDN, so it cost me £2 per min, and ran up a bill of £104 cos I didn't disconnect. I have reported them to ICSTIS (the regulator for premium rate numbers) and am pursuing them for a refund!

Here's a page shot - would you recognise that this was going to cost you £2 per minute?

Attachments

• premium rate number.gif
    premium rate number.gif
    52.9 KB · Views: 600
Yep - but so small that unless you have a very high resolution set-up it is unreadable. FWIW I have cancelled my DD to pay my BT bill and now pay manualy. I've deducted the cost of this call from the total until ICSTIS have finished their investigation. This type of rip off needs to be stamped out.

Roger M have deleted the URL as resqueted. But I never got this premium rate site when I visited, did you click on something else please specify? Also I see Adrianallen99 visited the site did you have any problems?

Thanks Nums

Bramble: Yes I do have Broadband,but I did not get the site that is shown on RogerM's thumbnail. Is this site able to detect whether you are connected via ADSL or dialup and re-route you to another site(premium). Is this possible? if it is that cant be legal can it ?

Nums

I don't know the answer to those questions Nums. But I do know your PC can't auto-dial out on an ADSL connection.

Guys - I just clicked on numspar's link and it took me directly to the site shown on the thumbnail. I recognised the site as the one that I have previously complained about to ICSTIS so I took a screenshot. When I had the original £104 connection to this site I was using ISDN. Now I have broadband, so that can't be the cause.