IG Index Thread

The new platform seems to be a CV building exercise for the IT department. They sold managment the line that java is not shipped on new PCs so better to use a light AJAX browsers based front end instead. Bleading edge and buggy. Doesnt feel robust at all.

I have their platform on each day using Firefox. I've placed a few market and limit orders on a two click basis without any problems. I use "advanced charting" and occasionally the tick charts on the Tools menu, I've had no probs apart from the occasional internet connection loss which I know when I can't hear internet radio! :LOL:

I keep a log of any events and the last notable event excluding today was some missing data on the Bund in late Aug which I asked them to fix it.

Their previous platform was a horrible buggy POS that often crashed on Firefox and IE.

I have their platform on each day using Firefox. I've placed a few market and limit orders on a two click basis without any problems. I use "advanced charting" and occasionally the tick charts on the Tools menu, I've had no probs apart from the occasional internet connection loss which I know when I can't hear internet radio! :LOL:

I keep a log of any events and the last notable event excluding today was some missing data on the Bund in late Aug which I asked them to fix it.

Their previous platform was a horrible buggy POS that often crashed on Firefox and IE.

Agree with fib, I've found the new platform is far more reliable than the old one. The only problem I've had is being unable to log in once and the daily charts getting screwed up. No problems actually dealing.

Agree with fib, I've found the new platform is far more reliable than the old one. The only problem I've had is being unable to log in once and the daily charts getting screwed up. No problems actually dealing.

Hi Hoggums,

I had no problem dealing, and quick exicution always, it was just as soon as I did / ping server error! all gone, ended up just pressin off button for 5 sec to get out.

My entries are pretty good, better than my exits :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: , but when above happens and you cop for a couple of Stop outs at you max distance from entry I for one lose my sense of humour :(

Real pain because the router goes and requires a re-set to.

A company the size of IG, declaring the profits it does should have tested the platform to death before lauching it. They are taking money over the internet and the site should IMO be squeeky tight at launch.

I accept that problems in this field occur etc, but when you obviosly have a problem you should stick your hand up and put your hand in your pocket and get the problem solved ASAP.

I don"t mind paying extra point on spread on Ftse to trade with them, like I said I liked platform and the charts are best about at sb level IMO , I tried everything all the fixs the lot. Had that log in error where it just does"nt etc etc, I was told that only one other person in the UK experiencing any difficulty. I was asked to run route search etc, when it happens again:?:

Im the customer YOU run the route search and get the platform running Im stuck in the market at £10 per pt Im on the phone trying to get out :devilish: :devilish:

Last edited:
Hi Hoggums,

I had no problem dealing, and quick exicution always, it was just as soon as I did / ping server error! all gone, ended up just pressin off button for 5 sec to get out.

My entries are pretty good, better than my exits :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: , but when above happens and you cop for a couple of Stop outs at you max distance from entry I for one lose my sense of humour :(

Real pain because the router goes and requires a re-set to.

A company the size of IG, declaring the profits it does should have tested the platform to death before lauching it. They are taking money over the internet and the site should IMO be squeeky tight at launch.

I accept that problems in this field occur etc, but when you obviosly have a problem you should stick your hand up and put your hand in your pocket and get the problem solved ASAP.

I don"t mind paying extra point on spread on Ftse to trade with them, like I said I liked platform and the charts are best about at sb level IMO , I tried everything all the fixs the lot. Had that log in error where it just does"nt etc etc, I was told that only one other person in the UK experiencing any difficulty. I was asked to run route search etc, when it happens again:?:

Im the customer YOU run the route search and get the platform running Im stuck in the market at £10 per pt Im on the phone trying to get out :devilish: :devilish:

UPDATE
:!: STOP PRESS, LATE BREAKING NEWS :!: :confused:

Not sure , nice man from IG checked out PC from inside today , says its good to go:?:

Hope so , will keep trades to minimum and hope for no more server errors :!:

Will update when next crash occurs, if crash call this number and it will be sorted :p

Didn't get my MiFID email that the message on PureDeal login refers to.

I've emailed them about this, and I got their MiFID email today. However, they have classified me as a Professional Client. Nothing in my dealings with this SB firm would indicate that I should be classified in this way. I've emailed to request reclassification - will post results here.

The previous system was horrendous. I was going to give up trading as it'd hang when I had a position open; I'd watch a position go into profit and then into loss and not be able to do anything. Very annoying.

The only thing that still gives problems is the graphs because they still use Java. It seems to drop the feed so graphs freeze and new ones can't be launched. Clears after 5 minutes. They don't know why. Net radio continues to play, too...

I dont seem to have any problem with my instruments or old platform on IG Index....althought my high-spec laptop now needs to be re-installed after 3years of use, as its lagging to 'load' when i log into IG.

I use MACD and Stohastic as my leading indicators on 'advance' charting, and everything seems to be fine.

Hi, London trader,

See above post, must admit service guy this morning went through all the settings the lot, (1hr remote) changed a few things and wanted to sort problem, he confirmed they have had a few problems etc if it happens again PHONE STRAIGHT AWAY to resolve it.

He can"t say more IMO, like I said previous, like the charts so will give it a go at small stakes and see if it happens again.

I would advise any one else to phone help and ask to be put through to TEK department guys and let them try and resolve it by remote access. Don"t let them fob you off with e-mail fixes etc. At the end of the day if they say it should work, they have set it up and it don"t well , what chance have we got. :confused:

Just wanted to add my 10p worth..

I've been using the new interface for three weeks now, I have never used the previous interface, but have experienced no issues, only thing holding me back is the guaranteed stop loss!

I'm using Safari 3 beta on OS 10.4.9 on a 4 year old battered (dropped it twice onto concrete.. cringe!) Powerbook g4!

I have had no issues using Firefox on a cheapo Dell running XP SP2 with auto updates at work, I always update to the latest version of Firefox and flash.

I've also been using the java based system from capitalspreads, this sometimes seems slower than igindex and does have some issues when the markets are reacting to news, but I have managed to get an order in and make a nice 14 point profit in the space of a few seconds (got in in the middle after two tries, first said the price was too far away, then got out at the very top!)

For those having issues I'd consider moving away from Internet Explorer, it has a long history of issues as it does not embrace standards, Firefox, while by no means perfect may be worth considering if you have problems, it's a quick and free download.

Their charts are becoming unreliable.

Price gaps highlighted in blue. Seen same on other instruments.

Attachments

• EStx50 IG Chart mind the gaps.JPG
    EStx50 IG Chart mind the gaps.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 221
Hi, London trader,

See above post, must admit service guy this morning went through all the settings the lot, (1hr remote) changed a few things and wanted to sort problem, he confirmed they have had a few problems etc if it happens again PHONE STRAIGHT AWAY to resolve it.

He can"t say more IMO, like I said previous, like the charts so will give it a go at small stakes and see if it happens again.

I would advise any one else to phone help and ask to be put through to TEK department guys and let them try and resolve it by remote access. Don"t let them fob you off with e-mail fixes etc. At the end of the day if they say it should work, they have set it up and it don"t well , what chance have we got. :confused:

Update,

IG platform still working , left it running long periods and no server disconnect errors !

traded at small stakes and no problem so far :LOL: :LOL:

Charts not missed beat and have 3 up at times

feeling a bit better I suppose, but will be on em like a rash if any more trouble :LOL:

Service Good

Update,

IG platform still working , left it running long periods and no server disconnect errors !

traded at small stakes and no problem so far :LOL: :LOL:

Charts not missed beat and have 3 up at times

feeling a bit better I suppose, but will be on em like a rash if any more trouble :LOL:

Credit where its due

Update: IG PLATFORM trouble"s

Whole platform refused to respond, deal tickets the lot, :?: Charts vanished :?: :devilish: while in ftse trade.

Well see Dow thread page 753, AMAZED no complaints with service at all, put through to Tek"y boys while in position(small stakes only because of above posts problems ) he came down phone line and checked about a bit, don"t no what he found but problem did not take router out this time and good to go again in 10 mins.

Trade about in credit the whole time, so did not get to test money back guarantee :LOL: but sure or felt it would have been sorted if market went tits.

very good, quite impressed.

Platform been very good and stable since last week , well see above :arrowu: posts

Andy AKA

Last edited:
trade ..........platform gone charts gone......

Credit where its due

Update: IG PLATFORM trouble"s

Whole platform refused to respond, deal tickets the lot, :?: Charts vanished :?: :devilish: while in ftse trade.

Well see Dow thread page 753, AMAZED no complaints with service at all, put through to Tek"y boys while in position(small stakes only because of above posts problems ) he came down phone line and checked about a bit, don"t no what he found but problem did not take router out this time and good to go again in 10 mins.

Trade about in credit the whole time, so did not get to test money back guarantee :LOL: but sure or felt it would have been sorted if market went tits.

very good, quite impressed.

Platform been very good and stable since last week , well see above :arrowu: posts

Andy AKA

Update:

Ye great service again but does not help much

OFF again this morning one bar after entry "yawn" trade in the money whole time what a complete bore :devilish: :devilish:

Had another look round in Pc but its fine :eek: I no:!: that"s because it cost me 2k and its the business its your Platform that's pants mate :!:

I spend 2 k they got millions :confused: :confused: :confused:

Andy AKA

And again

Update:

Ye great service again but does not help much

OFF again this morning one bar after entry "yawn" trade in the money whole time what a complete bore :devilish: :devilish:

Had another look round in Pc but its fine :eek: I no:!: that"s because it cost me 2k and its the business its your Platform that's pants mate :!:

I spend 2 k they got millions :confused: :confused: :confused:

Andy AKA

Breach open hour range, entry, except it was a fast bar, but I was quick:LOL: and sure to be poor fill , spinning deal ticket for 5 mins platform well there but failing to respond :devilish: :devilish:

IT man down the line to check it out errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr DON"T NO ticket still spinning, put back to a very nice lady who removed trade from the open PL window when it made its appearance -10 pts :LOL: :LOL: it was in the money for.....:idea: while the deal ticket spinning, do you think that they that could be connected in any way :?:

Advice ~ to remove fire fox, they advised I use it :?: bt browser, well that's never on and previously tried that approach :?: with no joy. back to IE7 which tried before with no luck

VERDICT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

PANTS COMPLETE PANTS in fact, lets not mince words.

Money return to base :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Andy AKA

I currently use the old platform of IG. Never tested their new platform yet.

Do i hear a Recommendation from you? or stick religiously with the old platform?

I used to have problems with the IG platform until I upgraded my PC's RAM some time ago. Since then no problems with either, although I prefer the look and functionality of the new layout - there's not much in it though, and I've detected no difference in their relative stability.