IG Index Thread

I use IG index too
... currently not going well tho. Lehman brother's bankruptcy just wiped off 75% of my account's cash

i know how you feel, i have just done the same...

i am back to basics again, small trades and close closing trades early rather than keep waiting which is what i have been doing recently, hoping for the best, and its the worst!

Now tht I can see what they are spreading, i need to look out for at least a 15 pip profit before i can go into a trade now. i understand my trading is even more critical now!

IG are still good, but they have a 2 spread and as a newbie i hav to have the guareented stop which is another 2 pips, so 3 pips down before i even start.

IG Down??

I can't log into IG I'm getting an error, see attached

Anyone else have this problem?

Attachments

• igindex.JPG
    igindex.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 186
I can't log into IG I'm getting an error, see attached

Anyone else have this problem?

Just logged in OK - unfortunately, as I need to keep away. I was trading today in a really undisciplined fashion so lost money even though the trades I was considering actually went in the direction I wanted! had to go out unexpectedly till mid-morning, came back to find gold shooting up, went in at a top, went downhill from there - unable to step back, stop being trigger-happy, and see the big picture. So never did my short USD/JPY trade, which would have made lot of pips this afternoon.....But the log-in is working!

Just logged in OK - unfortunately, as I need to keep away. I was trading today in a really undisciplined fashion so lost money even though the trades I was considering actually went in the direction I wanted! had to go out unexpectedly till mid-morning, came back to find gold shooting up, went in at a top, went downhill from there - unable to step back, stop being trigger-happy, and see the big picture. So never did my short USD/JPY trade, which would have made lot of pips this afternoon.....But the log-in is working!
Thanks, Its Firfox :mad:

Quick Question. Would really appreciate an answer!

I had opened a small Buy position for RBS - Mar09 contract with IG today afternoon @ 78.4 p

Sometime after market close today I noticed that they had "updated" my buy price from 78.4
to 101.6. When I called up to ask why my MAR09 position has been modified the answer I got
was that the futures price was calculated based on estimated dividend and that after some new
announcement from RBS, the contract had to be "amended". Does this sound all right?

Am slightly confused because I thought dividends came into play only with Rolling Contracts??

Is anyone facing the same issue with IG's Bank sector quotes? I called up CMC and Capital Spreads
and they don't seem to be aware of any after-hours change/recalc of futures prices!

Also, the there seems to be a big difference in the quotes - IG looks much higher than rest.

Thank You

I have an account both with IG and CMC and was wondering is CMC really better for FX??

Hi Chilltrader, it is my understanding that the price it opens at should stick. Trouble is, there are so many disclaimers in the T's & C's for the account that it's difficult to tell. I have similar problems with trades opening 400+ points outside of where I wanted them to.

I can not apply for a standard account with igindex uk because of my annual income not meeting their requirement .Can i apply for a standard account with igforex.com or igmarket uk ? I do focus on forex! any difference betweeen them? thanks

I can not apply for a standard account with igindex uk because of my annual income not meeting their requirement .Can i apply for a standard account with igforex.com or igmarket uk ? I do focus on forex! any difference betweeen them? thanks

Your everywhere !!!
Its the same company !!!

hows CMC's platform?
Is it better than IG? I have never use it

I've used cmc's platform for about two months before I really started using my IG one i Just find that the IG is so much easier to read. They Have also announced a New CMC charting package that should be intresting to look at. What platform do you use?

Your everywhere !!!
Its the same company !!!

Doesn't mean that the thresholds are the same. Different product classes - different regulations.

However, you won't get an IG Markets account if you can't get an IG INdex one. Thresholds are generally lower for SB.

If you don't have enough income though for a standard account, you;ve got to consider whether you should be SB at all. How much can you afford to risk? If you losr a couple of thousand, how much would that affect your life? Not saying you have to be a millionaire to punt, but as many member here will tell you you'll probably lose money to start with.

can you trade US shares with igmarkets? Their site says you can but unless im being terribly stupid I cant see anything in the 'finder' part of the platform? This account is from years ago and id forgotten about. Got an email to 'upgrade my account' and was thinking about putting some money in their and trading US shares as part of my trading journal. $1.59 baby :)

Attachments

• igigig.JPG
    igigig.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 189
ahh....im getting this message if i type in the name of a stock:

We are unable to show you prices for this market at present. Please contact us for more details if you would like to view these prices.

ill call them next week. maybe i need to upgrade or something??

Go to my account then choose data feeds , u will be asked to sign some papers ...

anybody interested in referring me to IG markets so they can get a prize......

how much do i have to deposit to start off with..........

i am only interested in charting package as it is claimed on here it is better than CMC which i doubt?

but still want to have a look?

1st person to refer me i will go with them so don't take it personally any one

PM me...............asap?