IG Index Thread

Ah, they know you're using the charts and not trading? Why not put a 50p bet or two on. Or call them and say you're testing a strat with a play account.

Thanks for your input ninj, looks like IG are on to me, just tried logging on with a different computer and I briefly got the advanced charts before being logged off and browser closed...oh bollox! :-0

Looks like the master plan has come apart at the seams before it started :cry:

fins working ok though, half a plan better than none I suppose :clap:

I don't think you can log in from two places at once. If you try, both get logged out. Same if you try to use the downloaded CMC MarketMaker on two boxes at once.

I don't think you can log in from two places at once. If you try, both get logged out. Same if you try to use the downloaded CMC MarketMaker on two boxes at once.

I'm sure I closed all IG browsers on PC 1 before firing up PC 2, but then again I'm not the brightest bulb on the xmas tree :whistling and its a new PC as well, bloody vista, its all very confusing :-0

The brief glimpse I did see of the advanced chart showed all is well method wise, I look forward to wednesday with anticipation, IG willing of course.

Thanks everyone

IG- CFD spreads

Watch out for spreads on IG if you're using CFDs on stocks. They are very wide in comparison with the markets prices.

Edit: what's happened to FXWINNER22 - hope he's still winning - his P/P was astonishing I thought.

TraderRod
The CFD Traders

Watch out for spreads on IG if you're using CFDs on stocks. They are very wide in comparison with the markets prices.

Edit: what's happened to FXWINNER22 - hope he's still winning - his P/P was astonishing I thought.

TraderRod
The CFD Traders

IG are direct market access on thier L2dealer platform so the spreads aren't wider than the market prices. I'm a little confused here?

i need to hear from someone who consistently increases their account by 20% - 50% per month or better and if they have had any problems.

IG are direct market access on thier L2dealer platform so the spreads aren't wider than the market prices. I'm a little confused here?

Yes, you should be as it was my fault for mentioning CFD's instead of spreadbetting prices.

Last edited:
i need to hear from someone who consistently increases their account by 20% - 50% per month or better and if they have had any problems.

20% to 50% increases per month is possible when the pot size is small but as your pot grows you will find that type of figure is not sustainable.

The best I've achieved is when I 12-folded a 1k account in 5 weeks. I then used the money to pay some of my mortgage off. I am sure it would have grown to a much bigger figure had I not done that. But I decided to play it safe in that instance!

Overall trading CFD's or SB's, if one follows certain rules can really be lucrative.

I have been using IG Index for the past few weeks, I have only just started spread Betting. The only thing that has irrated me that their charts seem to be abit delayed and sometimes can just freeze. And the other, now that they know that I am coming to learn about the spread betting process, they have started me on this minimum price per point scenario. That I don't like, i know that they need to make money but it says after my 7 weeks phasing in period they will set the minimum to a varied price. thats just wrong they should have the min set and not change the goal posts, as decreases my chances of winning more money unless I start putting a lot more money down on the table ...

what are other peoples views on this ... ??

20% to 50% increases per month is possible when the pot size is small but as your pot grows you will find that type of figure is not sustainable.

The best I've achieved is when I 12-folded a 1k account in 5 weeks. I then used the money to pay some of my mortgage off. I am sure it would have grown to a much bigger figure had I not done that. But I decided to play it safe in that instance!

Overall trading CFD's or SB's, if one follows certain rules can really be lucrative.

I 12-folded a 1k account in 5 weeks. I then used the money to pay some of my mortgage off.

What a sensible action. You can always go back to the SB for more but they can't now get that 12k off you. :)

I have been using IG Index for the past few weeks, I have only just started spread Betting. The only thing that has irrated me that their charts seem to be abit delayed and sometimes can just freeze. And the other, now that they know that I am coming to learn about the spread betting process, they have started me on this minimum price per point scenario. That I don't like, i know that they need to make money but it says after my 7 weeks phasing in period they will set the minimum to a varied price. thats just wrong they should have the min set and not change the goal posts, as decreases my chances of winning more money unless I start putting a lot more money down on the table ...

what are other peoples views on this ... ??

In terms of the price freezing, I've had that on all my accounts .. and I have many.
Its something you have to live with I'm afraid, mostly happens at busy times especially this last week!
But to be honest in my opinion, if you’re scalping that tight a timeframe (less 5< mins I presume) you should not be using these platforms anyway. I don’t scalp and never will.

If they’re delayed … then my first thought would be to use that to your advantage … like seeing into the future, get another spread account open and compare movements !
I’ve not seen delayed prices before, maybe different quotes but not delayed action as such. But don’t confuse that with price freezing, because in those periods you won’t be able trade, and price will quickly rectify itself after. You just have to treat it as missing your trade window and wait for the next :|

As the 7 week phasing period – I don’t think that’s long enough … 2-3 years maybe unless you opt out. You can learn their spreadbet process etc in 7 weeks but not to trade, but that’s what comes across from them. That’s my only gripe.

Last edited:
In terms of the price freezing, I've had that on all my accounts .. and I have many.
Its something you have to live with I'm afraid, mostly happens at busy times especially this last week!
But to be honest in my opinion, if you’re scalping that tight a timeframe (less 5< mins I presume) you should not be using these platforms anyway. I don’t scalp and never will.

If they’re delayed … then my first thought would be to use that to your advantage … like seeing into the future, get another spread account open and compare movements !
I’ve not seen delayed prices before, maybe different quotes but not delayed action as such. But don’t confuse that with price freezing, because in those periods you won’t be able trade, and price will quickly rectify itself after. You just have to treat it as missing your trade window and wait for the next :|

As the 7 week phasing period – I don’t think that’s long enough … 2-3 years maybe unless you opt out. You can learn their spreadbet process etc in 7 weeks but not to trade, but that’s what comes across from them. That’s my only gripe.

I find that after about 2 weeks after joining, i am finding that when i buy or sell the price seems to go 2 pips below or above depending on my move ... so it looks as tough they are making extra margins on my positions. So looking to have another a/c, any suggestions? :mad:

I find that after about 2 weeks after joining, i am finding that when i buy or sell the price seems to go 2 pips below or above depending on my move ... so it looks as tough they are making extra margins on my positions. So looking to have another a/c, any suggestions? :mad:

wouldnt suprise me if they did that, but nearly all my trades are buy stops etc so don't see what the price is before hand.

Sure that's not just them valuing your positions at the mid-price (i.e you've sold at the bid, so mid-price is a pip or two above?)

no, im looking at the price say its 5108 sell, 5110 buy. i click on sell as soon as i see that price, when i click i still see the same price on the button, it oesn't change and then when it goes into my open trades, the starting is say 2 below for sell and 2 above for buy. I have seen this on about 4 trades today!

I have just applied for iii a/c now and see now they are ...