IG Index Pro Real Time charts serious lagging issues lately

• Thread starter Black Swan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
B

Black Swan

I've experienced ridiculous lag on the IG/PRT charts lately, on all of the various laptops or PCs I've been on. For example, on a half hour TF its now 13:02 and the charts are still on the 12:30 candle and the time shows approx. 2 mins until reaching the next candle...This isn't a "clear your cache" issue, can't be on all 4 different laptops/pc set ups..Tut tut.:D

I just tend to try logging on from diff IPs (ideally another location rather than unsecure IP routing) just to make sure it ain't a local problem.

I just tend to try logging on from diff IPs (ideally another location rather than unsecure IP routing) just to make sure it ain't a local problem.

Damn, I wanted conspiracy dammit..:D I don't bet wit them, just chuck them a few quid a month for the charts..the lag has been shocking lately..just wondered if anyone else had experienced it?

If it turned out to be a local problem, I would then draft a sternly worded letter stating that I'm on to their blatant manipulation of my inet connection and speeds as well as their fiddling of my charts. I'd ask to be reimbursed for all losses.

Damn, I wanted conspiracy dammit..:D I don't bet wit them, just chuck them a few quid a month for the charts..the lag has been shocking lately..just wondered if anyone else had experienced it?

ETX Capital also offer Advanced Charting with ProRealTime (IT Finance) Custom Indicator/Backtest, but instead of charging for it like IG Index do, you get it free.

ETX Capital also offer Advanced Charting with ProRealTime (IT Finance) Custom Indicator/Backtest, but instead of charging for it like IG Index do, you get it free.

With IG Index, access to the advanced charting package is 30 quid a month unless you make a grand total of two :-0 trades per month, then there is no charge.

I don't know about ETX Capital but I do know one thing....nothing is free.

I've been using IG Index, not really noticed any lag that I would consider a problem.

Last edited:
A serious trader would know how to at least get charts to work properly for the market they trade. I mean, chucking 30 quid a month for lagging charts, seems a bit novice at best to me. But, I'm just a guy whistling in the dark.

"Shocking lag." Hmmmm. I sure hope real trading decisions are not made with such charts.

A serious trader would know how to at least get charts to work properly for the market they trade. I mean, chucking 30 quid a month for lagging charts, seems a bit novice at best to me. But, I'm just a guy whistling in the dark.

"Shocking lag." Hmmmm. I sure hope real trading decisions are not made with such charts.

Christ on a fookin bike...get help eh? There's a good lad.

Bucket shop? I don't know how good are others, but at least they have threads on this forum. It seems like IG don't care (being the biggest).
Must say I'm disappointed.(n)

Bucket shop? I don't know how good are others, but at least they have threads on this forum. It seems like IG don't care (being the biggest).
Must say I'm disappointed.(n)

Hi bud, tbh I reckon it was a issue my end as it corrected, I know we're all creatures of habit to one degree or another, but having grown up with PRT and watched how the package has developed over the last 2-3 years, it's more than good enough for my needs, now auto drawing trend lines for you...nice..

As for IG my understanding is that they have a policy not to get involved on trading forums and when you see some of the drivel Simon from CS, Peter from CMC and Jason from FXCM put up with perhaps their decision is the right one. IG are a sound firm imho, think the overall customer experience could improve but...

Just to follow up on my previous post. Capital Spreads have sent me an email saying that this weekend there will be backtesting with the ProRealTime charts. I wonder if this will make IG Index drop the charge altogether (unless you trade 2/month), now that two of their competitors will have this facility?

Just to follow up on my previous post. Capital Spreads have sent me an email saying that this weekend there will be backtesting with the ProRealTime charts. I wonder if this will make IG Index drop the charge altogether (unless you trade 2/month), now that two of their competitors will have this facility?

What do cs give out now?