IG Index new charts

What worries me is that this is the start and in the future they are going to replace the current advanced charts with one of their own packages,HOPE NOT!

What worries me is that this is the start and in the future they are going to replace the current advanced charts with one of their own packages,HOPE NOT!

that would be a step back in evolution

if it's about money, they could start with increase the numbers of trades to get it for free

Does anyone else have these problems with the new charts (which Im growing to hate btw)
1. Flick to the 10 minute view from the five then back to the five minute and the preceeding three or four candle sticks simply disapear as if the bet was rolling over. Only way to fix it is to log out then in.

2. Charts suddenly stop updating and your left trailing the live price. i only realised this when I braught up the ticket to trade and it was drastically different. Only way to fix it is to log in then out

3. My biggest and most worrying problem. RSI does not chart correctly giving overbaught and oversold levels when there aren't any. I only realised this when I spent a few hours trading gold getting a few overbaught and oversold signals on the five minute but when I had to log out then back in looking back over the charts the RSI hadn't surpased the 70 or dipped below 30 once. (really worried me)

There is still the option to view the old quick charts. Just click quick chart on the drop down menu.

Does anyone else have these problems with the new charts (which Im growing to hate btw)
1. Flick to the 10 minute view from the five then back to the five minute and the preceeding three or four candle sticks simply disapear as if the bet was rolling over. Only way to fix it is to log out then in.

2. Charts suddenly stop updating and your left trailing the live price. i only realised this when I braught up the ticket to trade and it was drastically different. Only way to fix it is to log in then out

3. My biggest and most worrying problem. RSI does not chart correctly giving overbaught and oversold levels when there aren't any. I only realised this when I spent a few hours trading gold getting a few overbaught and oversold signals on the five minute but when I had to log out then back in looking back over the charts the RSI hadn't surpased the 70 or dipped below 30 once. (really worried me)

Make sure you tell IG this, there's not much point complaining here.

Does anyone else have problems just printing a chart from IGs advanced charting package.....and more importantly,,,,a solution!!

Had some shocking spikes with ig recently, specifically with the ftse and wall street. All the TA in the world cant get to grips with moves like that. SB now in my view is for holding a position for days, rather than day trading.

I'm amazed at how few responses there have been here in regards to IG's new basic charts.

I've already closed one of my accounts with them over this as they refused to acknowledge or respond to my email detailing all of the issues.

Then when they called me to ask why I'd withdrawn all my funds I explained the various problems again and the guy initially said they were not aware of any of the problems I'd encountered and in order to prove me wrong, he opened a chart and went through the various issues I'd listed. He was very suprised at how bad they really were when I pointed out all of the data errors.

His final solution.... Do what he's now going to do and use the old IT-Finance charts until they go completely in November!

He then said he would get the development team to contact me to go through the problems so they can fix them.

I asked what happens when IT-FInance charts are removed in November?

He said the new charts will all be fixed by then.

Well, it's 1st November now and none of the problems have been fixed.

Just to point out, I can't use the Advanced Charts during the bulk of the day as another program I run interferes with them.

I've now opened an account with City Index as they still use IT-Finance charts, albeit basic ones, and until I've tested that platform well enough to commit decent sums of money to it, I'm using Capital Spreads platform to execute my positions.

Still have a couple of IG accounts as their platform does hold up well during Volatility and of course, the Advanced Charts are great which I use for my end of day analysis and swing trading analysis.

Last edited:
To the person who contacted me - I cannot reply as I get the following message:

"That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails."

To briefly answer your question, I didn't contact IG, I contacted the source owner.