IG New Interface

2,376 662
Take a look at IG new website and trading platform interface. It seems like they got the bloke who did for CMC to give them a makeover. Gone is the old simplicity and plain style that allowed you to concentrate on the trade. I suppose some people will be impressed while they are losing money -- it's all very pretty and colourful and sod all improvement despite their marketing blurb.

x4x

465 61
Yes, why on earth do they feel the need to do that - probably cost a ridiculous amount of money with nothing to be gained from it, at all.

Would have been far better to use the budget to add a few bits of functionality to bring it on par with FXCM's platform, without the wide spreads and whippy prices.

Last edited:

samirs

Established member
507 47
i normally like change even to the layout, design etc..

but this actually plain ugly...difficult to even sneak at while at work and no improvements whatsoever

did a color blind person design this?

x4x

465 61
...and the tick boxes aren't showing up on Chrome, at least not at the moment.

R.Charnock

400 124
Looks OK, to me, and certainly nothing like as bad as CMC's Next Gen effort. At least the figures are larger and easier to read on a small screen. The Dealthru bit seems to have been downgraded, but possibly that had already been changed?

donaldduke

Experienced member
1,665 257
The previous look and feel was perfectly designed.

This looks a bit rushed out to me.. for example the 'get and make payments' forms dont even fit in the window anymore, you have to scroll down now.

The colors are strange, yes like some who is color blind did them. Bright red, mushy green, Red and Cyan with lots of Grey. And a brown tool bar..

Why the close up of the Gerkin building as the backdrop?, it is where IG offices are? Or is to make clients feel like they are pro traders working in the city while trading on the IG platform?

Will just have to get used to it i suppose.

kalott

Established member
736 82
Looks OK, to me, and certainly nothing like as bad as CMC's Next Gen effort. At least the figures are larger and easier to read on a small screen. The Dealthru bit seems to have been downgraded, but possibly that had already been changed?

"The Dealthru bit seems to have been downgraded" :?:

donovan5

59 5
Not keen on the new look at all,and daily charts dont seem to work properly for me anymore,lower time frames fine though

6am

154 11
Why the close up of the Gerkin building as the backdrop?, it is where IG offices are? Or is to make clients feel like they are pro traders working in the city while trading on the IG platform?

Will just have to get used to it i suppose.

That should be quite easy to fix. Here is what I did (instructions for IE9)
1. Create a new file, call it igindex.css
2. Put the following text inside
Code:
html.dealer-desktop {
	background: none !important;
}
3. Open Internet Options, open General tab, click "Accessibility" (bottom right corner), Check "Format documents using my style sheet", Click "Browse", select igindex.css (the file created previously). Click OK. Restart browser. The background should dissappear.

Reactions: scose-no-doubt

peakoil

257 38
That should be quite easy to fix. Here is what I did (instructions for IE9)
1. Create a new file, call it igindex.css
2. Put the following text inside
Code:
html.dealer-desktop {
}
3. Open Internet Options, open General tab, click "Accessibility" (bottom right corner), Check "Format documents using my style sheet", Click "Browse", select igindex.css (the file created previously). Click OK. Restart browser. The background should dissappear.

good one 6am!

PS Not being an IEx fan, a similar fix on Firefox (until IG one day allow clients to choose alternative colour schemes) should work as follows: you'll need to open tools/web developer/style editor then import from the .css script you should have saved as above.

6am

154 11
I see igindex updated the site to make sure that css which blocks their background image does not work anymore. Here is an updated version of igindex.css for anybody interested.
Code:
html.dealer-desktop {
}
html.dealer-desktop #backgrounds img {
	display: none !important; // No. Nyet. Nein. Nada, Got that?
}

x4x

465 61
They've now reduced the number of trade tickets that you can have prepared, down from 3 to 2. The only reason I can see that they make things so clunky is to make it difficult for the user - it takes 7 clicks/key strokes to open a 10 pound position with a 10 point stop loss, 8 if you include closing the confirmation window.

You can however have additional tear-off tickets, which does help some...

It's a shame they don't take a leaf from FXCM's platform and make it truly one click, with a default trade size, default stop loss and one single 'everlasting' ticket, with no silly pop-up confirmation ticket - then they would be untouchable, with the competition not even bleeping on the radar.

neil

Legendary member
5,167 748
They've now reduced the number of trade tickets that you can have prepared, down from 3 to 2. The only reason I can see that they make things so clunky is to make it difficult for the user - it takes 7 clicks/key strokes to open a 10 pound position with a 10 point stop loss, 8 if you include closing the confirmation window.

You can however have additional tear-off tickets, which does help some...

It's a shame they don't take a leaf from FXCM's platform and make it truly one click, with a default trade size, default stop loss and one single 'everlasting' ticket, with no silly pop-up confirmation ticket - then they would be untouchable, with the competition not even bleeping on the radar.

Never thought I would say this but I find Intertraders chart package faster than IG's and one can enter trades quickly. Perhaps IG have got to big to care:confused:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock