IG New Interface

Frankly, I would be very surprised if it ever transpired that any of the leading spreadbet companies weren't following this forum!

We all know they are following what's posted, that was never in dispute.

Personally I couldn't care less what the platform looks like, functionality is all I'm interested in. I'm not adverse to change but change for change's sake is the biggest waste of money going, but if they want to waste their money that's their prerogative.

Bad example. You contacted them directly as well, did not you? For that reason we do not know what was the reason for their decision to reverse the change.

Really? I would say that you can only really say mine was a "bad example" if you happen to know which made the difference.

Besides, I don't quite believe that an email to first level support had quite the same impact as you seem to feel it had...

Why would anyone who has a problem or dislikes something about IG raise the issue here first? For every disgruntled T2W poster they must get about fifty calls to their helpdesk.

@ R. Charnock: lol why indeed!? but then again, surely that depends on whether the query is of potential interest to more than just the complainant. Most, of course, aren't. Having said that, I'd still be interested to know why x4x feels this way about IG:

"I think you're absolutely correct about them being too big to care - supported by the fact they never respond on here, despite closely monitoring this forum. "

I complain about IG all the time about slippage, missed fills and all round crappy service. They never listed to that. Oh no, they came out with a rubbish new platform..was it just my spelling do you think :LOL:

Having said that, I'd still be interested to know why x4x feels this way about IG:

Because they keep sending out the same silly questionnaire year after year, but what changes?

As I've said before it takes 8 clicks to open a 10 pound position (with an attached stop loss) - this is what they should be looking to change, not the silly colours or fonts.

Don't get me wrong, apart from a period of slippage I experienced (I was entering on orders, which I don't do any more) I have no complaints about IG - apart from the fact that they haven't upgraded their platform to enhance the user's experience.

And I still maintain, if they cared they would make their presence felt, rather than just lurking - but IMO they are still the best and the fairest, by miles.

Well if they are watching - will you hurry up and fix the fact I can't highlight text in the input boxes for order entry/trade amendments!

Also for a while now the alerts window displays alerts in a completely random order. It used to put the triggered alerts at the top and then everything else based on when they were entered. Now it's just random - I can't figure out what order they are in.