IG is very dodgy, be careful. Its a scam IMO

This morning having checked, the timestamp on yahoo indicates the current time but the data most definitely delayed.

Very bizarre watching yahoo alongside live price, yahoo going one way live price the other, who would do that to themselves?

Oh dear wait...

just a second....

The IG price was literally doing the opposite to the real world price.

I thought they were a legit high profile broker? Find it hard to believe they'd get away with any funny business or am I being naive?

I thought they were a legit high profile broker? Find it hard to believe they'd get away with any funny business or am I being naive?
No, you're being realistic. The UK regulator has such strong legal powers against non-compliant companies that its not worth the risk to a business to try to obviously fleece clients. And the act of doing it could never be kept secret: at the very next redundancy from the firm, the ex-employee would walk straight into the FCA and blow the operation.

As for the reliability of Yahoo's financial web pages, well that's another matter.

This morning having checked, the timestamp on yahoo indicates the current time but the data most definitely delayed.

Very bizarre watching yahoo alongside live price, yahoo going one way live price the other, who would do that to themselves?

Oh dear wait...

just a second....

If you could read you would have seen I said I use tradingview for price and yahoo for screener.

They are a spread betting firm. They are not a high end broker like ibkr.
No, you're being realistic. The UK regulator has such strong legal powers against non-compliant companies that its not worth the risk to a business to try to obviously fleece clients. And the act of doing it could never be kept secret: at the very next redundancy from the firm, the ex-employee would walk straight into the FCA and blow the operation.

As for the reliability of Yahoo's financial web pages, well that's another matter.

“Being realistic” smh.

I give up. If you use IG, which this realist doesn’t, then closely watch the live price on TRADING VIEW

TradingView (by their own admission) do not provide accurate pricing for any instrument other than FX and Crypto including their Paid Plans so for Dax it is almost certainly wrong. As an aside to that, any company that supplies prices that are too far from actual is open to getting arbitrage traded against so it is not in their interest to be deliberately far away from real time pricing.

1650124099400.png

TradingView (by their own admission) do not provide accurate pricing for any instrument other than FX and Crypto including their Paid Plans so for Dax it is almost certainly wrong. As an aside to that, any company that supplies prices that are too far from actual is open to getting arbitrage traded against so it is not in their interest to be deliberately far away from real time pricing.

View attachment 316778
If shills out in force.

The final nail in the coffin for me was the email from IG stating they can “adjust the price anytime in order to obtain fair value “

/thread.