IG New Interface

Take a look at IG new website and trading platform interface. It seems like they got the bloke who did for CMC to give them a makeover. Gone is the old simplicity and plain style that allowed you to concentrate on the trade. I suppose some people will be impressed while they are losing money -- it's all very pretty and colourful and sod all improvement despite their marketing blurb.

Yes, why on earth do they feel the need to do that - probably cost a ridiculous amount of money with nothing to be gained from it, at all.

Would have been far better to use the budget to add a few bits of functionality to bring it on par with FXCM's platform, without the wide spreads and whippy prices.

Last edited:
i normally like change even to the layout, design etc..

but this actually plain ugly...difficult to even sneak at while at work and no improvements whatsoever

did a color blind person design this?

...and the tick boxes aren't showing up on Chrome, at least not at the moment.

Looks OK, to me, and certainly nothing like as bad as CMC's Next Gen effort. At least the figures are larger and easier to read on a small screen. The Dealthru bit seems to have been downgraded, but possibly that had already been changed?

The previous look and feel was perfectly designed.

This looks a bit rushed out to me.. for example the 'get and make payments' forms dont even fit in the window anymore, you have to scroll down now.

The colors are strange, yes like some who is color blind did them. Bright red, mushy green, Red and Cyan with lots of Grey. And a brown tool bar..

Why the close up of the Gerkin building as the backdrop?, it is where IG offices are? Or is to make clients feel like they are pro traders working in the city while trading on the IG platform?

Will just have to get used to it i suppose.

Looks OK, to me, and certainly nothing like as bad as CMC's Next Gen effort. At least the figures are larger and easier to read on a small screen. The Dealthru bit seems to have been downgraded, but possibly that had already been changed?

"The Dealthru bit seems to have been downgraded" :?:

Not keen on the new look at all,and daily charts dont seem to work properly for me anymore,lower time frames fine though

Why the close up of the Gerkin building as the backdrop?, it is where IG offices are? Or is to make clients feel like they are pro traders working in the city while trading on the IG platform?

Will just have to get used to it i suppose.

That should be quite easy to fix. Here is what I did (instructions for IE9)
1. Create a new file, call it igindex.css
2. Put the following text inside
Code:
html.dealer-desktop {
	background: none !important;
}
3. Open Internet Options, open General tab, click "Accessibility" (bottom right corner), Check "Format documents using my style sheet", Click "Browse", select igindex.css (the file created previously). Click OK. Restart browser. The background should dissappear.

I bet it's a super-duper high res PNG that jams up your RAM lol

That should be quite easy to fix. Here is what I did (instructions for IE9)
1. Create a new file, call it igindex.css
2. Put the following text inside
Code:
html.dealer-desktop {
}
3. Open Internet Options, open General tab, click "Accessibility" (bottom right corner), Check "Format documents using my style sheet", Click "Browse", select igindex.css (the file created previously). Click OK. Restart browser. The background should dissappear.

good one 6am!

PS Not being an IEx fan, a similar fix on Firefox (until IG one day allow clients to choose alternative colour schemes) should work as follows: you'll need to open tools/web developer/style editor then import from the .css script you should have saved as above.

I see igindex updated the site to make sure that css which blocks their background image does not work anymore. Here is an updated version of igindex.css for anybody interested.
Code:
html.dealer-desktop {
}
html.dealer-desktop #backgrounds img {
	display: none !important; // No. Nyet. Nein. Nada, Got that?
}

They've now reduced the number of trade tickets that you can have prepared, down from 3 to 2. The only reason I can see that they make things so clunky is to make it difficult for the user - it takes 7 clicks/key strokes to open a 10 pound position with a 10 point stop loss, 8 if you include closing the confirmation window.

You can however have additional tear-off tickets, which does help some...

It's a shame they don't take a leaf from FXCM's platform and make it truly one click, with a default trade size, default stop loss and one single 'everlasting' ticket, with no silly pop-up confirmation ticket - then they would be untouchable, with the competition not even bleeping on the radar.

They've now reduced the number of trade tickets that you can have prepared, down from 3 to 2. The only reason I can see that they make things so clunky is to make it difficult for the user - it takes 7 clicks/key strokes to open a 10 pound position with a 10 point stop loss, 8 if you include closing the confirmation window.

You can however have additional tear-off tickets, which does help some...

It's a shame they don't take a leaf from FXCM's platform and make it truly one click, with a default trade size, default stop loss and one single 'everlasting' ticket, with no silly pop-up confirmation ticket - then they would be untouchable, with the competition not even bleeping on the radar.

Never thought I would say this but I find Intertraders chart package faster than IG's and one can enter trades quickly. Perhaps IG have got to big to care:confused:

I've always used 3rd party charts so couldn't comment on that aspect, but I think you're absolutely correct about them being too big to care - supported by the fact they never respond on here, despite closely monitoring this forum.

I've always used 3rd party charts so couldn't comment on that aspect, but I think you're absolutely correct about them being too big to care - supported by the fact they never respond on here, despite closely monitoring this forum.

They said the same about the banks.

I think you're absolutely correct about them being too big to care - supported by the fact they never respond on here, despite closely monitoring this forum.
They said the same about the banks.

I would respectfully suggest the view that IG don't seem"to care" about this forum, is a misguided one. From my personal experience I very much believe that they are keeping a close eye on this forum, and submit the following as evidence: I complained here about a change to their login process some time ago. At the time, several other posters agreed with my argument. Shortly afterwards, they reversed their change. Their doing so, very much proves to me, that they are closely following this forum. It's not at all that they are "too big to care". Rather, they seem to be discretely monitoring any appropriate forums and taking, where called for, 'behind the scenes' action. Also, just because IG appear to have decided not to take the same 'full steam ahead' forum presence - of some other companies - we shouldn't infer from that, that they are ignoring this forum in the slightest.

The recent change to the platform, with which this thread is concerned, has been 99% aesthetic, and so - for everyone of us who doesn't particularly like it, there's always someone else who does...

Frankly, I would be very surprised if it ever transpired that any of the leading spreadbet companies weren't following this forum!

I would respectfully suggest the view that IG don't seem"to care" about this forum, is a misguided one. From my personal experience I very much believe that they are keeping a close eye on this forum, and submit the following as evidence: I complained here about a change to their login process some time ago. At the time, several other posters agreed with my argument. Shortly afterwards, they reversed their change.
Bad example. You contacted them directly as well, did not you? For that reason we do not know what was the reason for their decision to reverse the change.