IG Index new charts

donovan5

Well they moved over to their own charts today.
First impressions I don't like them at all,sigh why do they have to change when I was very happy with the quick charts and now have a seemingly inferior version of them.

Oh well suppose I'll get used to them but felt like a little moan

Well they moved over to their own charts today.
First impressions I don't like them at all,sigh why do they have to change when I was very happy with the quick charts and now have a seemingly inferior version of them.

Oh well suppose I'll get used to them but felt like a little moan

They're Leaving the prt advanced alone and they've improved over the past year so what's the problem?

I too have seen the differences on their quick charts. Use the email button in the top right hand corner of the charts to give them feedback. They're very helpful and hopefully will be able to provide a better (and cheaper) service than using IT Finance. You can still access IT Finance charts for the next month so be sure to transfer over any trend lines, support/resistance, fibs ect before they cease using them.

I too have seen the differences on their quick charts. Use the email button in the top right hand corner of the charts to give them feedback. They're very helpful and hopefully will be able to provide a better (and cheaper) service than using IT Finance. You can still access IT Finance charts for the next month so be sure to transfer over any trend lines, support/resistance, fibs ect before they cease using them.

But they're still keeping the prt advanced charts, yes?

New ones seem ok - nice and clear. Bit like the changes Bill Gates does - odds and ends & buttons and positions move just to keep you on your toes!

Always been impressed with the simplicity and clarity of IG's charts. None of that fashionable black screen like on other providers, that empties your ink cartridge when you print out!

Tried their advanced - got everything you could want, but you end up playing with them instead of concentrating on the trade - good fun though. IG doesn't do anything particularly fancy for me - it just works, and that's why I stick with them.

I had assumed they've moved the charts in-house to save money and provide a more tailored solution for the customer. Can't see that it'll make any difference to trading though.

They are. The criteria is something like 2 trades a month and you get it free. tbh, I'm on the standard package, never bothered to upgrade with IG

Good, I thought I'd miss read the email, I love the prt advanced package, have used it for years. :) top package.

Good, I thought I'd miss read the email, I love the prt advanced package, have used it for years. :) top package.

The package is a load of balls. But what difference does it make? All you need if you are using bucket shop is a chart that shows you the price.

PRT is really good.

Would be good to be able to transfer data to excel on the probacktest though.

Don't suppose you know how?

I got an email from them saying the new charts were going to be much faster at loading. They take ages compared to the IT finance ones.

I got an email from them saying the new charts were going to be much faster at loading. They take ages compared to the IT finance ones.

I totally agree... I thought it was only me who had nightmare opening the charts.
It looks like IG and CS people got together to come up with the new charts as the charting packages are pretty much the same. I stopped using CS as I didn't like the new charts... is it time to dump IG as well?

I totally agree... I thought it was only me who had nightmare opening the charts.
It looks like IG and CS people got together to come up with the new charts as the charting packages are pretty much the same. I stopped using CS as I didn't like the new charts... is it time to dump IG as well?

I'm hoping this is not the finished product. They need to improve big time if im going to move away from PRT (advanced charts).

I see you can move you Stops and Limits on the charts, which is good, but if they introduced deal thru on them that would be good. PRT has deal thru but i dont like using it as there can be a delay at times.

Has anyone experienced any delays on the IG quotes and there new charts?

A few SB providers seem to be moving away from the IT Finance charts, but at least IG are keeping the Advanced ones. It's another case of change will please some people and not others. I like the ability to add/amend stops/limits, but they do need to add much more in the way of indicators before they remove the quick charts altogehter.

Does anyone know if these charts will have alerts?

I'm struggling to understand why anyone wouldn't use the prt advanced charts if an IG customer, I'm not an IG customer but use them. With the recent improvements, auto writing trend lines etc. they are IMHO the best free charts out there. And if placing two trades to get them free isn't worth it then wtf..?

PRT is really good.

Would be good to be able to transfer data to excel on the probacktest though.

Don't suppose you know how?

Sorry can't help, have only used the backtest on the charts, why not mail prt direct? They've been good to me with certain requests..

Positive
The MACD indicator on the new ones is better.

Negative
Takes longer to load (by a fraction)

Overall
Meh, it's fine for a quick glance, it's not supposed to be a high quality technical analysis tool.

I'm struggling to understand why anyone wouldn't use the prt advanced charts if an IG customer, I'm not an IG customer but use them. With the recent improvements, auto writing trend lines etc. they are IMHO the best free charts out there. And if placing two trades to get them free isn't worth it then wtf..?

Well for me I don't need the advanced ones,the quick ones are more than enough for price action.
For someone who wants the bells and whistles I guess they are good though.