IG Index ProRealTime Problems

Jason101

Experienced member
I have just been on the phone to IG Index Technical Support, with two unresolved issues.

1. The Pro Screener created list disappears after opening each chart from the
screened list! To find the list again you need to toggle through your open charts
and windows until you find it in order to view the next chart on your list, only to repeat this with the next chart!)

2. The watch list (and sector list) only occasionally lets you scroll down using your keyboard arrow keys.
The rest of the time it decides to lock onto the list drop down menu box automatically. So you have to manoeuvre your
mouse pointer over the next in the list and then click on it open the next chart, a real fiddle especially on a laptop.

What is needed from a screener list and from a watch list is the ability to quickly
scroll though a chosen list with one key (space bar or arrow), while it opens up each chart. When you see one you like, you can stop and study and trade it.

IG Index used to manage this ok and many other screeners including free screeners manage this easily.
IG Index can charge up to £30 for the charts (for infrequent traders).

Why is this making me mad?

Because this is holding up my trading (including missed trades) and holding up time spent with my family, not to mention the frustration of messing around with the charts searching for trades.
And I like IG Index and hope I can carry on trading with them.

If you use IG advanced charts and have found a way around this please let me know.
If you use IG advanced charts and have the same problems then please complain to them, so they may do something about it. And please post here.

I will bump this post until something is done. And when something is done I will
inform you here and sing their praises again.

Last edited:
Thanks Jason, I will add the request.
On a different topic IG s platform does not allow the taking of partial profits. They tell me they have plenty of requests for it, obviously not enough yet to do anything.
Please add to your request list if you talk to them,

Cheers.

Thanks Jason, I will add the request.
On a different topic IG s platform does not allow the taking of partial profits. They tell me they have plenty of requests for it, obviously not enough yet to do anything.
Please add to your request list if you talk to them,

Cheers.

You go long at £10/point, the position moves in your favour, you then sell at £5/point and have reduced your long position by 50% - thus taking partial profits... If I am misunderstanding your question please add more detail.

I have just been on the phone to IG Index Technical Support, with two unresolved issues.

1. The Pro Screener created list disappears after opening each chart from the
screened list! To find the list again you need to toggle through your open charts
and windows until you find it in order to view the next chart on your list, only to repeat this with the next chart!)

Sounds like the new chart window is covering the ProScreener list, in which case try pressing Ctrl and E to get the Proscreener list back on top.

2. The watch list (and sector list) only occasionally lets you scroll down using your keyboard arrow keys.
The rest of the time it decides to lock onto the list drop down menu box automatically. So you have to manoeuvre your
mouse pointer over the next in the list and then click on it open the next chart, a real fiddle especially on a laptop.

If the drop down in the list window is highlighted, try pressing the tab key to remove focus from it before using the cursor keys.

Personally I use AutoIT to create macro like functions to make my commonest actions easier to do, but it's not the easiest to learn without some sort of programming background.

cheers, Pete.

I was using ig and prorealtime software. I left them pretty quick because of price disappearing in a fast moving market, comparing the chart data was vastly incorrect to other data feeds putting me at a huge disadvantage . I inquired about using other data feeds and they couldn't help.