£¥ -35 +5 -30 +5
€¥ +14 +18 +3

total: -5

tricky stuff today

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 148
not sure why the €£ split this afternoon... Chancellor Osbourne's comments? (That's what happens when you put an ex-Black Sabbath vocalist in government y'see)

Most afternoons, if I dip in & out I get murdered. Today I seemed to be in the right frame of mind and managed to gather a few pips. Maybe it's a Blue Moon.

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 133
Morning Pip Report:
£$ --
€$ --
€£ +18
£¥ -19 +42
€¥ 0
$¥ --
total: +41

Very few signals!

2 hours, +126 pips
sometimes the exit's too early (€£), sometimes it's spot on - still need that bit of discretion there

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 160
Nice 50% support on all 4 majors (Thurs/Fri range)

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 158
How expectations become self-fulfilling:
Thinking afternoon sessions are always dodgy caused me to exit way too early on £¥ & £$ here, even though there was no reason to in the charts. Slipped into pre-judging it rather than reacting to it.

EOD Pip Report:
£$ -8 +11 +2 -2
€$ +76 -8
€£ +11 -2
£¥ -1 +12 +21
€¥ -14 +51 -6
$¥ --

total: +143

That's four more hours market-watching, for 17 more pips! Could've been alot better if I'd just followed the system post-3pm... but then it has been costly before, so it's a matter of finding the right amount of extra caution to employ.

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 159
currently short 3 out of 4 - €$ not quite fitting

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 117
currently short 3 out of 4 - €$ not quite fitting

Huh?:eek: Classic paranoia-inducing stuff - sudden spike in ¥ just far enough to take out my trailing stops then head back down to the previous comfy profit level. I panic and close the cable trade as it's still in profit, which promptly tumbles down further!
Only thing I can think caused that was Chinese car sales figures... or the gods hating me!

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 127
Huh?:eek: Classic paranoia-inducing stuff - sudden spike in ¥ just far enough to take out my trailing stops then head back down to the previous comfy profit level. I panic and close the cable trade as it's still in profit, which promptly tumbles down further!
Only thing I can think caused that was Chinese car sales figures... or the gods hating me!

...and here's how it panned out, an object lesson in NOT MOVING YOUR TRAILING STOPS TOO BLOODY SOON and NOT PANICKING WHEN THINGS GO MENTAL
Two centuries and probably a 50 instead of a net 8 pips. Forex trading is truly sickening sometimes. Still, at least you're always learning!

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 133
I was seldom able to see an opportunity until it had ceased to be one- Mark Twain

(didn't know he was a trader!)

Morning Pip Report:
£$ -2 +29
€$ +9 -8 +5
€£ -10 -17 +2
£¥ +2 +2 +11
€¥ +10 -8 +5
$¥ --

total: +30

Take the signals regardless of imminent data releases. Just make sure the stop's in an appropriate place.

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 145
Take the signals regardless of imminent data releases. Just make sure the stop's in an appropriate place.

100 pips on each - exaggerated by SNB this morning, but valid nonetheless.

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 164
Morning Pip Report:
£$ -8 -14
€$ +10
€£ -4
£¥ -24 +33
€¥ +33
$¥ --

total: +26
(missed one on cable that would've netted approx. +30)

Morning Pip Report:
£$
€$ +6
€£
£¥ +50
€¥ -9 +17
$¥ +10

total: +74

bailed out early before tide turned against me

Morning Pip Report:
£$ +28
€$ -2 -14 +5
€£ --
£¥ +45
€¥ -11 -20 +41
$¥ --

total: +72

Early finish - hard to see much more movement with 90 minutes 'til UK budget released, and happy with 72 anyway.

Morning Pip Report:
£$ +7
€$ -15 -11
€£ +10
£¥ -9 +10
€¥ -13 -12 -14 +21
$¥ --

total: -26

Best signals pre-8.00, very tricky after. Net loss basically down to 2nd & 3rd €¥ trades which eventually would've come good as in the 4th... but the exit was triggered each time so it was just market conditions. €$ particularly flat today.

missed 4 decent pre-8am entries for the second day running... going to have to re-arrange my sleeping patterns if this keeps up

Morning Pip Report:
£$ +13 +10
€$ --
€£ +3
£¥ --
€¥ +13
$¥ --

total: +39