ICC Forex System testing

closed cable early as I'm not comfortable leaving it for my teabreak after its behaviour this morning

could've safely left it but it's not thundering down so no major loss (yet)
actually, that's the first break I can ever remember where a century limit has been hit rather than a stop-loss!

and this is how they finished...not as fluent as yesterday but still some nice profits

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 128
half hour traders going for another push lower by the looks of things...
moreso in sterling than the €

sell signal in cable there but I'm not trusting it... tempting just to sit on this mornings profits again really

EOD Pip Report:
£$ -7 -30 +6
€$ +5 +40
€£ -4
£¥ +30 +30
€¥ +15 +100
$¥ --
total: +185

Morning only again. Looks like plenty on offer this afternoon from the € but you can get too greedy.
Feed from FXPro broke up this afternoon for the first time since I've tried them, so not alot of point posting the charts as the major moves are already here.

[Four days of system B so far, totalling 791 pips - honeymoon period for sure]

Last edited:
a classic Boomtown Rats Monday morning...slow, stuttering, tough-to-see progress but a good test for any system
Euro's actually been making some steady progress but it's only really evident in retrospect, and my trailing stop knocked me out of the one decent entry I had on €¥, so currently underwater and will possibly go deeper over lunch as I'm loath to close what's open now

EOD Pip Report:
£$ -30 -20
€$ +10 +20 -30
€£ -3 -15
£¥ +30 -24 +10 -23 -30 +39
€¥ 0 -19 +25 -30 -30 -30 +30
$¥ +22 -14 +1 +10
total: -101

Moderate losses this morning, appalling losses this afternoon - time to accept early afternoons just aren't worth bothering with using this system.
Wouldn't have been quite so bad if I wasn't over eager with the trailing stops this morning, and had used bigger stops this afternoon. Does help put last week's big winnings into perspective though.

Attachments

• May 17th 2010.png
    May 17th 2010.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 150
More costly sideways markets this morning. This system doesn't cope with them any better than any other approach.

More costly sideways markets this morning. This system doesn't cope with them any better than any other approach.

Hi Gavin,

Join the club! I got sliced and diced by GU and EU this morning, only EG trade saved me from a washout. Cant think whats going on apart from the fact that nothing really is going on....

Hope you dont mind this post on your thread, N's thread is a ghost town - best regards,
Simon.

Hi Gavin,

Join the club! I got sliced and diced by GU and EU this morning, only EG trade saved me from a washout. Cant think whats going on apart from the fact that nothing really is going on....

Hope you dont mind this post on your thread, N's thread is a ghost town - best regards,
Simon.

Hi Simon
Yep, same story as yesterday for me. Conditions must just be out of sync with my system settings (or that's what I'm telling myself). Going from the similarities last week, we're probably using some similar parameters, but trading the Yen pairs amplifies my losses big time!
Got bored by lunchtime and thought I'd try something different - set 20 pip targets with some different entry requirements, which worked better but then it got a bit clearer this afternoon anyway.
Better luck tomorrow - Gavin

Afternoon Target practice:
£$ -1 +20
€$ -13 -17 +20 +20
€£ +10
£¥ -17 +20 -5
€¥ -22 +20
$¥ +10
total: +45

This week's chopfest has helped me refine a couple of things, so the "final" evolution has evolved a little more. Was looking forward to seeing how it performed today, but so far this morning everything's been in neutral, so I suppose having no signals is probably a good sign.

Huge moves in the Yen pairs today, once they got going... why is it that always happens when I don't have the time to trade? On paper, today would be fantastic. The reality would probably be less than perfect given my trailing stop habits but it's a choker to see.

Huge moves in the Yen pairs today, once they got going... why is it that always happens when I don't have the time to trade? On paper, today would be fantastic. The reality would probably be less than perfect given my trailing stop habits but it's a choker to see.

I see it's the US stock markets slip-sliding again, which explains why it's going quite so mental. Probably a spot of hysteria over the N/S Korea situation.

Yen pairs were outstanding because the Yen was outstanding on MXVL
Don't trade the middle two currencies against each other - see €$

Attachments

• May 20th 2010.png
    May 20th 2010.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 292
Tepid morning saved by a great 10 minutes after midday. May be the start of another big down move like yesterday but I'm cashing in before lunch - 3 figure profits is 3 figure profits.

EOD Pip Report:
£$ +34 +10 0
€$ +21
€£ -26
£¥ -35 +81 -31 -38 +37 +41
€¥ +69 +35 -30 -20 0 +36
$¥ --
total: +184
(post 3pm: +26)

Waited 'til 3pm before trading this afternoon, but it was still far more trouble than it's worth - down over 100 on the first 4 yen trades so got really jumpy trying to make it back. The 2 yen crosses were hovering around the signal zone for what seemed like ages until they finally crawled upwards, so that's obviously the sensitive zone for this current incarnation of the system. Either need bigger stops or a slightly earlier entry... or just need to accept it's not worth bothering with in the afternoon.

Attachments

• May 21st 2010.png
    May 21st 2010.png
    81 KB · Views: 162
I see it's the US stock markets slip-sliding again, which explains why it's going quite so mental. Probably a spot of hysteria over the N/S Korea situation.

...or more likely Obama making progress with his financial responsibility bill - the big boys don't like being told they'll have to pay for their mistakes in future!

Morning Pip Report:
£$ +6 +23
€$ +30 +6
€£ +8
£¥ +8 -11 +40
€¥ +53
$¥ --
total: +163

Can I resist having a go this afternoon...and messing it up again.

Morning Pip Report:
£$ +6 +23
€$ +30 +6
€£ +8
£¥ +8 -11 +40
€¥ +53
$¥ --
total: +163

Can I resist having a go this afternoon...and messing it up again.

Only one signal to ignore anyway, with maybe 20 pips on offer - very quiet couple of hours.