ICC Forex System testing

overnights then.........:sleep:......

markets take a little sleigh ride down.....and tag goes north......gold rises eventually....look at the EURO on the right side 1h corrie hybid.....jees bye bye and dont shut the door.....

c'mon Gold , work with the equity markets for gods sake :rolleyes:......my gold/$ trades have dried up (although yesterdays buy from $1207 is still looking relatively ok)

ok lets see what the european openings do and as always trade what you see, i'm not going to comment on the Cameron situation - markets will do what they want regardless of what we think they want !

If anyone is trading using my 20ma scalper I would love to see you post here as i will happily help you all to make it work for you

otherwise I cover it in great depth in my forthcoming 225,000 page (it feels like it to me :p) Corrie package (s/be availalble before end of may subject to some legal stuff i need to do now)

later :smart:
N

wrong thread I think, Neil!

more ridiculous moves this morning - amazing what the announcement of a coalition government can do; could've hit a century off cable if I'd managed to haul my **** out of bed earlier, which is something I can't remember doing since 2008 (hitting 100 on cable, not getting up early...)

Last edited:
Can you find any contents in your "EOD Pip Report:" ?

I will tell u with the words of Roxette : "Don't Bore Us"

Re: Can you find any contents in your "EOD Pip Report:" ?

I will tell u with the words of Roxette : "Don't Bore Us"

Dunno who you are mate but no-one invited you onto my personal trading journal, so if you're bored, don't visit.
I post the link on NVP's thread at his invitation because this system is based partly on a correlator evolved from the FXCorrelator.

measley £1 a pip, 2 hours focus, £200 profit - the type of markets you dream about... and the type that never lasts long...

jesus, Mervyn King undoes in 5 minutes what Sterling took all morning to build!

Here's that €£ pattern again - rarely see it in any of the other major crosses; huge boost up then a steady re-assertion of reality that doesn't reverse

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 270
very tempting to sell £¥ here, but already selling £ vs. € & $ and ¥ is still below -100 on the 350

Last edited:
Right, Personal Moratorium on trading between 12.00 & 15.00 - lose too many pips right after lunch. Lunchtime notoriously unreliable, but 13.30 onwards seems increasingly like pure noise.

Terrible afternoon using standard system on $ pairs, but interesting that it doesn't trigger as many false calls on the Yen pairs, which have been similarly sideways. It also looks like variation B wouldn't have given half as many pips back, so it may be worth adopting that one.

EOD Pip Report:
£$ -30 -14
€$ -21 -14 -30
€£ -12
£¥ +100 -25
€¥ -26 -20
$¥ +7
total: -85
B
£$ -1 +9
€$ +60 +8
€£ +17 +17
£¥ -30 +29
€¥ +100
$¥ --
total: +209

Good system-testing conditions today - nice run-up this morning, followed by some horrible sideways markets. Made 260 pips on the first 3 trades, then proceeded to give most of it back under the standard system. The B variation held up much better, so I'm going with that from now on.

Attachments

• May 12th 2010.png
    May 12th 2010.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 147
the Art of the Trailing Stop...

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 127
Yen still playing, dollar looking undecided...

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 135
200 pips locked in..Yen pairs were threatening the 100 mark for a moment there...

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 138
God Bless the Yen and All Who Sail in Her...

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 131
Two targets, one stoploss, one system exit, over 300 pips in the bag.
Made 260 on the first 3 trades yesterday only to give a big chunk of it back, so I'm going to give it a rest today rather than make the same mistake again.

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 128
EOD Pip Report:
£$ +82
€$ +50
€£ --
£¥ +107
€¥ +100
$¥ --
total: +332

More of an end-of-morning report really. Best result yet, in half the time.
Would have got some more off sterling this afternoon (thumbs with likely grey exits), but not off the Euro yen/$ crosses. Unusual late move in €£ too.

Attachments

• May 13th 2010.png
    May 13th 2010.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 130
closed cable early as I'm not comfortable leaving it for my teabreak after its behaviour this morning