ICC Forex System testing

€$ also dead... a good morning turned on its head in the space of 10 minutes

& now nearly back where I entered in the € pairs, but 30 pip stops is all I'm happy using, so that's the increased volatility burning me

trailing stop on €¥ hit for +30, mucho movement this afternoon
XL £¥ stop not looking too comfy either

trailing stop on €¥ hit for +30, mucho movement this afternoon
XL £¥ stop not looking too comfy either

bah! €¥ just clipped that stop & is now headed back south:(

and €$ short - 55 mins later it's deja vu; no doubt it'll spring up again now!

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 118
caught the 100 on £¥ but missed it on €¥ - brokers too busy & it slipped back too far

yen crosses still printing some very big 5m candles... entries need to have the right timing in these sort of conditions

another short signal in £¥ and my first today in cable there but I'm quitting while I'm ahead in these conditions

EOD Pip Report:
£$ --
€$ +20 +15 -27 -10
€£ -16 +50
£¥ +50 -30 +100
€¥ +35 +20 -30 +30 +100
$¥ --
total: +307

Not as mental as yesterday, but these results are still being hugely distorted by some major volatility, at least by recent standards. A good morning was threatened by tripping over the US market opening, but then got reprieved by another couple of centuries.
It's going to be boring when normality resumes!

Key: Vertical line on the left is 8am UK time
Arrows are Entries, Ticks are successful exits, Crosses are unsuccessful exits, Thumbs up & down are signals rejected through timing (e.g. lunchtime, or just before a major economic data announcement) or through poor personal judgment.

Attachments

• May 7th 2010.png
    May 7th 2010.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 140
EOD Pip Report:
£$ +25
€$ +40
€£ +11 -15
£¥ +17 -12 +13 -30
€¥ --
$¥ +12

total: +61

Decent morning, useless afternoon. Interesting that the system didn't give me any sell signals on €$ or €¥ p.m.... by eye, there was only one real down-move at 14:50 but they covered alot of ground nonetheless. Sometimes they'll fit in well with your system, sometimes they won't - can't win 'em all.

Key: Vertical line on the left is 8am UK time
Arrows are Entries, Ticks are successful exits, Crosses are unsuccessful exits, Thumbs
up & down are signals rejected through timing (e.g. lunchtime, or just before a major
economic data announcement) or through poor personal judgment.

Attachments

• May 10th 2010.png
    May 10th 2010.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 132
Note to self:
Judgment calls don't work as well as the system works.
That's why you came up with a system, dullard!

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 162
sterling bouncing around again due to another UK hung parliament rumour - wish they'd sort it out one way or the other

EOD Pip Report:
£$ --
€$ +20 -20
€£ +20
£¥ +13 +100
€¥ +31
$¥ --

B
£$ -30 +14 +16
€$ 0
€£ +10
£¥ +40
€¥ +15
$¥ --

total: +229

Trying a slightly less rigorous entry (B) in an effort to catch some of the significant moves the main system misses. Still couldn't catch the late rally in cable (not until 16:40 which is too late in the day for me), but I think that was news-related anyway, and is compensated for by the century in £¥.
Still need to improve my Art of the Trailing Stop, and my lapses in concentration/discipline. €$ is still proving tricky too.

Attachments

• May 11th 2010.png
    May 11th 2010.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 124
EOD Pip Report:
£$ --
€$ +20 -20
€£ +20
£¥ +13 +100
€¥ +31
$¥ --

B
£$ -30 +14 +16
€$ 0
€£ +10
£¥ +40
€¥ +15
$¥ --

total: +229

Trying a slightly less rigorous entry (B) in an effort to catch some of the significant moves the main system misses. Still couldn't catch the late rally in cable (not until 16:40 which is too late in the day for me), but I think that was news-related anyway, and is compensated for by the century in £¥.
Still need to improve my Art of the Trailing Stop, and my lapses in concentration/discipline. €$ is still proving tricky too.

hey mate ,

your playing a 4 deck currency game, trading the 6 pairs possible on that set-up

the E,G,U is the classic Trilogy that JRP trades so brilliantly here every day, and I am a big fan of these 3 as well for reasons I am not prepared to discuss here anymore for free i'm afraid so PM me for a chat

you have added a 4th player (as opposed to a comdoll ?) that is a volatility mixer that moves a lot with the USD....

So if you keep going and play exactly to your rules then you will be sucessful...I would recommend the best system learning days to be when the sh*t hits the fan ......then tear apart your trades and see where you could have loss less on the day

for me a good system must be all about focusing on losing the least verses trying to win the most...

you learn nothing much from winning days and a kind market, you only learn anything valuable from adversity :smart:

personally I think you are kicking a*se my friend (y)

Neil

overnights then.........:sleep:......

markets take a little sleigh ride down.....and tag goes north......gold rises eventually....look at the EURO on the right side 1h corrie hybid.....jees bye bye and dont shut the door.....

c'mon Gold , work with the equity markets for gods sake :rolleyes:......my gold/$ trades have dried up (although yesterdays buy from $1207 is still looking relatively ok)

ok lets see what the european openings do and as always trade what you see, i'm not going to comment on the Cameron situation - markets will do what they want regardless of what we think they want !

If anyone is trading using my 20ma scalper I would love to see you post here as i will happily help you all to make it work for you

otherwise I cover it in great depth in my forthcoming 225,000 page (it feels like it to me :p) Corrie package (s/be availalble before end of may subject to some legal stuff i need to do now)

later :smart:
N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited: