ICC Forex System testing

scratched both € trades for -4 net - commdolls' weakness is holding € up, and trading this time of day is like pulling teeth anyway

EOD Pip Report
£$ +10,-2
€$ -1,+24,+3
€£ +5,-4,-4
£¥ -24,+19, 0,+13
€¥ -14,-7
$¥ -6,+1,+15,-7, 0
total: +21

Looking at these charts shows how choppy it was in these crosses today, so any system will have done well not to have made a loss. Some ill-discipline on my part made matters worse than they could've been (I should've stayed in some trades longer than I did).

Key: Vertical line on the left is 8am UK time
Arrows are Entries, Ticks are successful exits, Crosses are unsuccessful exits, Thumbs up & down are signals (and their exit) rejected through timing (e.g. lunchtime, or just before a major economic data announcement) or through poor personal judgment.

Attachments

• April 21st 2010.png
    April 21st 2010.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 144
got out of a couple of € trades just before the PMI release, which looks to be in my favour, so hopped back in..which I hate doing, but today looks like a bit of a minefield with the news releases, so it could be a case of GTFO for what you can get

out of the € double for -12...like a John Terry tackle, those trades - went in far too high

Shrapnel flying everywhere - Fitch knocks Yen back, which then rebounds as the Euro slips down the Greece-y pole. As big a nightmare to trade as I thought it'd be today.

Nightmare morning - should've left well alone, but here's the pip results, as I'm elsewhere this afternoon:
£$ +23
€$ +3,-7,+36
€£ +4,-5,-10,+1
£¥ -26
€¥ -35,+32
$¥ -14
total: +2

Will upload charts later if I get time

Right, T2W finally accessible again.
Yesterday morning's action has made me reconsider my system's entry & exit parameters. There was too much discretion involved, which was masking the fact that alot of the success I've had has actually just been noise. Choppy conditions show you the real worth of any system and yesterday I had to pedal really fast just to keep still, which is not how I want to trade.
So I've zoomed out a bit and am now using stricter entry conditions based on a bigger sample size in my indicator. This should help reduce the number of positions I take while hopefully improving their validity.
Not a promising start this morning, with a false Euro buy signal, but we'll see how it goes.

nice sell yen signal at 12.30, against € & £ - dollar too but I'm sticking to the top two (of the four) in terms of current strength
having to go with lunchtime trades with these new parameters else I'll get far too few signals to test

Yen shot down just ahead of that figure... some of these moves are very suspicious!

Yen shot down just ahead of that figure... some of these moves are very suspicious!

...and that movement gives me a Buy signal on €¥ which I don't trust because it was clearly just a whole load of money being taken off the table.

...and that movement gives me a Buy signal on €¥ which I don't trust because it was clearly just a whole load of money being taken off the table.

oo, looking like I should've taken it regardless - € beating all 3 at the moment

back in long €¥ & €$ at 15:40, but as a re-entry rather than a fresh signal...and a bit late in the day too but we'll see how it goes

exit tripped at +4 on €£ has since rebounded and gone up to +30 - classic!

Looking back, €¥ has been a nice solid buy all day. If you'd entered at 9.30 this morning, you'd be up 160 pips and counting. Hindsight makes trading look so easy!