IB spreads

gkareer

I an think of opening an account to trade US futures with IB as i've read their very good & cheap in commisions, but i wanted to know what the spreads are generally like on -

Dow = YM

S&P mini = ES

cheers

sonny

On YM the spread is normally 1 point during busy times, maybe 3 at the most when its a bit slack, but wait a couple of seconds and you'll probably get one within a point or so.

ES its almost always 0.25, as there's so much liquidity its untrue. Normally several hundred contracts being traded at a time, as opposed to typically sub-100 on YM.

cheers rossored..i wanna move on from SB because firstly the spreads are too high & secondly they are always moving the prices against you IMHO, so whenever their is a sign of change in market direction or approaching a key level you're battling a spread of about 8-15 points IMHO & i just fing it to difficult to scalp some points. Then i ask myself if the spread was 1 or 2 points i could of taken 25-30 points out of that, no point in taking 5 points in SB because as risk:reward does not work out . So based on this i wanna try out IB & and see if i can actually make some corn instead of just making a few points.. so then can by my Ferrari 360 modena..!!!!!

cheers mate

sonny

gkareer,

If you want some contact details for the IB people in London I can give them to you. They can help you open an account etc..

Thanks for the contact!!

Also can anyone tell me whether or not the feed that IB provide, namely US Securities & Commodities non professional(includes al stocks, options & futures exchanges) would that include the cash prices for Dow & SP as well as the futures prices(ES & YM).

thanks

sonny

gkareer,

good Q. I do not think so since cash values of indices r non-tradable and therefore not fed byIB

IB do provide some indices such as the Nasdaq and they also do some sector indices as well. I am not sure exactly which ones they do provide though.

Paul