Spread Trading stocks with IB

Hypersky

11 1
I'm considering opening an account with IB. Does anyone have any experience building a long-short portfolio with them, consisting of say 10 long short positions as stock spread trades (stock 2 divided into stock 1), where the ensuing ratio is traded ?

I've scoured their site and found quite a bit on options/futures etc, but not much on how to go about spread trading stocks. Does anyone have experience doing this with IB, and if so, how straightforward was it ?

BasisSpreads

9 1
I'm considering opening an account with IB. Does anyone have any experience building a long-short portfolio with them, consisting of say 10 long short positions as stock spread trades (stock 2 divided into stock 1), where the ensuing ratio is traded ?

I've scoured their site and found quite a bit on options/futures etc, but not much on how to go about spread trading stocks. Does anyone have experience doing this with IB, and if so, how straightforward was it ?

"Spread Trading Stocks" - Anton Kreil is that you !?

Wait from my world view, I see a couple of buildings outside the window, some cars as usual and the weather is ok for mid October.

In the real world, Spreading is Futures Trading arbitrage on N and N+1 Contracts.

Get Over Anton, Investopedia teaches you L/S portfolios and all economic indicators for free.

Hypersky

11 1
"Spread Trading Stocks" - Anton Kreil is that you !?

Wait from my world view, I see a couple of buildings outside the window, some cars as usual and the weather is ok for mid October.

In the real world, Spreading is Futures Trading arbitrage on N and N+1 Contracts.

Get Over Anton, Investopedia teaches you L/S portfolios and all economic indicators for free.

Hehe...no its not Anton.

I did manage to figure out how to get it done in IB. You have to create a virtual security that tracks the spread, then monitor the individual long short equities separately in the rows beneath. There's no way (that I know) of creating an executable stop loss or profit taking braket order for the spread it self.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock