IB Login

smiley

Hi everybody,

I can't log in to IB this morning. Keep getting a pop up screen saying "LOG IN ..in progress" but nothing happens!

Anybody else seeing the same thing or have seen it B4?

Can't get any response from IB support either :cry:

Thanks

IB shuts down at the weekend, because the markets are closed. So you cannot log into TWS but you can access your account details via the website. There's no point in logging into TWS because the markets are closed. And as it's the weekend and the markets are closed, IB support will be closed too!

You'll find that when the markets open again you will be able to log in. Around 8pm-ish UK time on Sunday evening is when they're open for business again - from memory! So try from about 6pm onwards in case I've got it wrong.

Skimbleshanks said:
IB shuts down at the weekend, because the markets are closed. So you cannot log into TWS but you can access your account details via the website. There's no point in logging into TWS because the markets are closed. And as it's the weekend and the markets are closed, IB support will be closed too!

You'll find that when the markets open again you will be able to log in. Around 8pm-ish UK time on Sunday evening is when they're open for business again - from memory! So try from about 6pm onwards in case I've got it wrong.

Thanks, just joined them yesterday so wasn't sure if I'd done something wrong!

Don't worry - a lot of people think that the weekend is the ideal time to 'play' with it before the market opens, and then get puzzled by not being able to log on.

If you've not done it already, why not play on the demo this weekend?
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/php/tws/demo.php?ib_entity=IB-UK

You can mess around with all the settings, colours, layouts, and so on, and you can get yourself familiar with pressing the trade buttons, etc, so that when the live TWS comes online on Sunday evening, you're ready to go.