IB for Forex?

ilia king

327 0
Does anyone know how good Interactive Brocker's is for Forex trading, espcially GBP, USD, EUR. Any reply is greatly appreciated.

ilia king

327 0
Could anyone give a url if they (Interactive Brockers) have a faq or guide about it please, thanks very much

One Eyed Shark

257 13
Ilia

Have traded the EUR/USD via IB, no probs, smaller spreads than fx and a decent liquid market.

Have looked at GBP but unconvinced that there was enough liquidity to provide a decent market

ilia king

327 0
Thanks JT, will only trade EUR/USD, but why futures, because of the leverage?

Do use any charting package like Tradestation to give you results when to buy or sell, or some other trading system.

Does anyone use IB as a data feed for forex in Tradestation?

JonnyT

2,560 22
Futures have a spread of 1, they do not wobble like the Forex Brokers and are thus cheaper and better to trade.

Try viewing dailyfx chart alongside the future in real time...

The dailyfx quote often moves 3 or 4 pips for a 1 pip move in the futures...

JonnyT

ilia king

327 0
Thanks Jonny - what brocker would you reccomend for forex futures. I am about to move from stocks to forex so it is a bit tricky.

Does anyone use IB as a data feed for forex in Tradestation?

rossored

2,103 56
I use IB data feed but in Sierra, not tradestation. Its fine and damn cheap (free, in fact)

ilia king

327 0
But does anyone use tradestation, also does anyone know where i can get historical forex data so can backtest my system/

Trader333

8,655 981
ilia king,

I know a lot of people who use Tradestation and I dont know of any who automate their trading into IB. The only owners who may do would be owners of TS2000i, for those with TS7 then they would more than likely use Tradestation to automate their trades.

There may be someone who does but I have yet to meet them.

Paul

ilia king

327 0
Paul, yes I own tradestation 2000i. You say you haven't met anyone who does that - is it a bad idea then?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock