I want to start trading!

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: not on this forum, I connect time. but answering your question i am active on babypips and forexfactory. I also recommend you quora who also very good source to learn.

:D ok mate thanks (y)

First get some forex knowledge. Next, open a forex demo account with a reputable forex broker. You need to do your research on the brokers, because there are some pretty terrible ones out there. The best method would be read up on reviews of these brokers.

Once you've established the broker you want to work with, Open a forex account.Start off with a demo account just to get a feel for the broker's platform and also try out some trading strategies. You will be trading with virtual money so the stress level is not as high as when you trade on a live account.

Once you feel you've conquered the demo account, you're ready to go live. Just be careful not to get too excited when trading,or else you'll lose all your money.

And how do forum discussions and communication help you trade? I for one prefer sharing experience, reading analytical articles. I think I learn more this way.

FX and Binary FX

First get some forex knowledge. Next, open a forex demo account with a reputable forex broker. You need to do your research on the brokers, because there are some pretty terrible ones out there. The best method would be read up on reviews of these brokers.

Once you've established the broker you want to work with, Open a forex account.Start off with a demo account just to get a feel for the broker's platform and also try out some trading strategies. You will be trading with virtual money so the stress level is not as high as when you trade on a live account.

Once you feel you've conquered the demo account, you're ready to go live. Just be careful not to get too excited when trading,or else you'll lose all your money.

FX is not for the faint of heart. It's not well regulated and there are a number of "Boiler Room" operations. From what I can tell this forum is a Great Britain based site and it gives most a leg up for opening an FX account. The USA is very restricted. My short experience in trading the FX markets soon showed me that I was trading against the broker. If I were the brokerage house I might throw some peanuts on the floor but it would be a cold day when I let anyone beat the house. One last thought. NADEX is an 'Exchange' in Chicago. You trade against another trader and your chances increase considerably.:rolleyes:

Keep in mind this is just my own personal opinion.:cool:

FX is not for the faint of heart. It's not well regulated and there are a number of "Boiler Room" operations. From what I can tell this forum is a Great Britain based site and it gives most a leg up for opening an FX account. The USA is very restricted. My short experience in trading the FX markets soon showed me that I was trading against the broker. If I were the brokerage house I might throw some peanuts on the floor but it would be a cold day when I let anyone beat the house. One last thought. NADEX is an 'Exchange' in Chicago. You trade against another trader and your chances increase considerably.:rolleyes:

Keep in mind this is just my own personal opinion.:cool:

This is definitely not a bad idea and well expressed too. We have hundreds of forex related forums out there where you can learn to trade first hand, and trade2win is a typical example of that?
Just keep registering with anyone you find and ask questions there!

I went head strong into buying up stocks and buying into funds with my SIPP.

Had a really quick wake up call.

Taken me two months to get it all sorted out and in a position to take forwards - put extra money in etc.

Everyone has their own way of doing things.

I'm still a complete novice with no real clue I guess.

Maybe thats how it feels all of the time haha.

Either way, research is vital.

I could have done with spending at least two months more reading about where to start out and entry and exit strategies.

Ash

Hi,
if we are talking forex i guess the first step is to start demo, and stick to it, and from their you can jump into basics and try them on your demo account with out the fear of losing real money, i hope it helps.

Thank You.

I went head strong into buying up stocks and buying into funds with my SIPP. Had a really quick wake up call...Taken me two months to get it all sorted out and in a position to take forwards ...

hi ash, what happened?

Hello liorules

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I have always had a keen interest in trading and would like to start trading one way or another. I have done some research before but I get confused as to what platform to use etc. As an economics graduate I know the risk associated with it. So what would you guys suggest the best way to get started? Also ideally I would love to be someone's apprentice :D and was wondering if there are any opportunities like that around. Thanks in advance for your reply.
First thing first, keep in mind that the market does not offer any guarantees. The fact that an analyst recommends a stock does not mean that the stock is going to go up. Keep in mind that INFORMATION is your best friend in the market. Study the company before you invest. Another important tool for making money in the stock market is PATIENCE.
Many novice investors would sell at the first sign of softness in the price. When the price goes up again they blame themselves for not having enough patience. But the next time they buy a stock, they repeat the same mistake again.
Here are my few points that you should keep in mind to be successful in stock market
1. Don’t stop learning.
2. Do not follow tips from others blindly.
3. Never put money into the market that you can not afford to lose.
4. Feel Stock market trading as a professional Job.
5. Keep your mind peaceful before you sit to do trading.
6. Don’t make your personal problems to get an impact on trading.
7. Do have a plan( research) on stocks before the market opens.
8. It is good to stick to the basics.
9. You should know your risk to reward ratio
10. You should be ready to book profits after targets are achieved
11. You should be prepared to lose some money if decisions go wrong
12. Trade with Strict Stop-loss
13. Over-trading should be avoided
14. Take some profit out at month’s end.

First thing first, keep in mind that the market does not offer any guarantees. The fact that an analyst recommends a stock does not mean that the stock is going to go up. Keep in mind that INFORMATION is your best friend in the market. Study the company before you invest. Another important tool for making money in the stock market is PATIENCE.
Many novice investors would sell at the first sign of softness in the price. When the price goes up again they blame themselves for not having enough patience. But the next time they buy a stock, they repeat the same mistake again.
Here are my few points that you should keep in mind to be successful in stock market
1. Don’t stop learning.
2. Do not follow tips from others blindly.
3. Never put money into the market that you can not afford to lose.
4. Feel Stock market trading as a professional Job.
5. Keep your mind peaceful before you sit to do trading.
6. Don’t make your personal problems to get an impact on trading.
7. Do have a plan( research) on stocks before the market opens.
8. It is good to stick to the basics.
9. You should know your risk to reward ratio
10. You should be ready to book profits after targets are achieved
11. You should be prepared to lose some money if decisions go wrong
12. Trade with Strict Stop-loss
13. Over-trading should be avoided
14. Take some profit out at month’s end.

Nice post but you are talking to someone who last logged in over 5 yrs ago :p