How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
CYOF said:
Apologies, as I have to go now, but Luiden has promised that he will get me to post later on.

But, as he is a stubborn little fellow, he has also asked me to give you his name in English, for he is worried that some may think he is German, or some other nationality, when in fact, he is Irish.

So, his name is pronunced in English as follows:

LouDean

Lou -as in Lou Grant, and Dean as in James Dean

Mac

Mock - as in Mock Exam

Lou - as in Lou Grant again.

So, his full name in English is, please note he has dressed for the occasion:

LouDean Mock Lou

loudeandancingkl5.png

Ok, LouDean has told me to post the following:

Socrates gave a hint regarding Ding – Dong – Ding.

We are nearly 100% confident that this means a bell.

Now, we are going to show how a simple little exercise, can be of great value, if the concept is adopted and used by the individual. Here we go!

There is a very BIG BELL in the Notre Dame Cathedral, and this bell is rang by a person who goes by the name of Quasimodo.

It just so happens, that LouDean, been the magical little fellow that he is, knows that Quasimodo holds a little secret, OR TWO.

LouDean is prepared to divulge ONE of the little secrets that Quasimodo will not share. The secret is as follows:

The big HUMP on Quasimodo’s back, is in fact, not really a HUMP, but it is actually a POT OF GOLD.

So, we now know that Quasimodo carries a POT OF GOLD on his back, each and every day.

We also know that Quasimodo rings this BELL louder, twice per day, than any other times. And LouDean has told me that this first loud ring, yes, you guessed it, just happens to be @ 09:30 New York time.

But, LouDean has also told me that we need to be careful, as Quasimodo does not like been disturbed when he is ringing the bell, but, and this, is truly a gem, once Quasimodo has rang the bell, he is deafened for a certain period of time.

Now, if we know that Quasimodo is deafened, for a period of time after ringing the bell, and we also know that he carries a POT OF GOLD on his back, is it not possible for us to sneak up on Quasimodo and steal some of his GOLD!

But, LouDean, been the magical little man he is, also knows that in order to get SOME GOLD, all you have to do is touch the hump on Quasimodo’s back, you do not have to knock him down, or anything like that.

Also, he has told me to say the following; we should not despair if we do not get to touch Quasimodo when he is deafened, for when he returns to ring the bell for the second loud ring, which just happens to be at 16:00 NYT, then, he is so much bloated by his gorging during the day, that he is also vulnerable to been touched, but this time he is not deafened, he is in fact singing out loud, which has the same effect as him been deafened, and we can also sneak up on him and touch that hump on his back.

And this is where LouDean says we need to be very careful, for if we touch Quasimodo in the morning, and then try to touch him again in the evening, we might be in for a big surprise, because, when a POT OF GOLD is touched twice in the one day it has the magical power of taking back all the GOLD that it gave up in the morning, and this is a real gem, for LouDean, has told me that this happens each and every day, but, even after telling many, over many years, the POT OF GOLD seems to be always full, and that is the reason why.

Hmm, very interesting LouDean, thank you for that, Do you mind If I tell the readers some additional information, “By all means CYOF, but remember, you Know Nothing About Anything” and you only ever write what I tell you, so I think you will be better off to shut up”.

Ok LouDean, you are of course, correct again. I will shut up.

Last edited:
It really doesn't matter if the thread is in this forum, does it? You can all still post away to your hearts' content. I think it most unlikely that anyone is actually going to go looking for this thread, so it's location is immaterial.

The reason I have moved it to the foyer - where I think it now belongs - is because quite frankly I am fed up with the number of reported posts. If it's in the foyer, then, as everyone knows, the rules are more relaxed in here, so if you want to scream and shout and jump up and down then you can, and we (the mods) can safely ignore 99% of the reported posts.

I agree with CYOF. There is no way this thread should be moved to The Foyer. It should be moved to the I Talk To The Leprechauns And The Other Wee Folk, So I Do, Fiddle Dee Deeeee! board.

If such a board does not exist, it must be created. Moderators - Imagine the prestige and consequent extra advertising revenue that will be generated for T2W when it becomes known as a place where people with beards can discuss their imaginary faerie friends without being hassled by ignorant non-believers!!

Spam Man said:
I agree with CYOF. There is no way this thread should be moved to The Foyer. It should be moved to the I Talk To The Leprechauns And The Other Wee Folk, So I Do, Fiddle Dee Deeeee! board.

If such a board does not exist, it must be created.

I'll get right on it ;)

dc2000 said:
This is not the first time you have taken the decision to no longer post in a thread that no longer appears on the FRONT PAGE :rolleyes:

Surely you can see that Rosso is correct and the thread has gone so far off track that it is totally irrelevant to the Psychology section

And where, dc, would you think is the most appropriate place for a discussion on thinking correctly -in the journal section?, or wait, maybe the jokes section?, yes, I think it may be a better solution, for it surely is a joke what is going on here :rolleyes:

And where, dc, would you think is the most appropriate place for a discussion on thinking correctly -in the journal section?, or wait, maybe the jokes section?, yes, I think it may be a better solution, for it surely is a joke what is going on here

Are you on prescribed medication or artificial hallucinogens

Well, it is very obvious who is calling the shots around here, and it is also very obvious that you all seem to miss the fundamental objection to moving the thread.

It has nothing to do with visibility, or number of viewers, or rules and guidelines, or any silly thing like that, the same as my silly little stars and green dots, which I must say, sums it all up.

Ye are all IGNORANT FOOLS - period (and I think most will know by now who "all" are).

Ye all think ye know everything, when in fact, we all know nothing about anything.

But ye are so muck like ION, the proverbial one who goes around with "his head stuck up so far, the you know what" that he sees nothing, and to make it even worse, ye have slicked yere hair first - ye really are a bunch of FOOLS.

Ban me if you like, for that is what ye do best, not trading, that is for sure :cheesy:

rossored said:
I'll get right on it ;)

i think YOU are better off with the Italians - for at least, they create something of beauty, and if you stay with them long enough, you might actually learn something :idea:

CYOF said:
Well, it is very obvious who is calling the shots around here, and it is also very obvious that you all seem to miss the fundamental objection to moving the thread.

It has nothing to do with visibility, or number of viewers, or rules and guidelines, or any silly thing like that, the same as my silly little stars and green dots, which I must say, sums it all up.

Ye are all IGNORANT FOOLS - period (and I think most will know by now who "all" are).

Ye all think ye know everything, when in fact, we all know nothing about anything.

But ye are so muck like ION, the proverbial one who goes around with "his head stuck up so far, the you know what" that he sees nothing, and to make it even worse, ye have slicked yere hair first - ye really are a bunch of FOOLS.

Ban me if you like, for that is what ye do best, not trading, that is for sure :cheesy:

cyof

..and whilst you (and others) persist in posting in such terms you continue to demonstrate why this thread has been moved.

cheers

jon

CYOF said:

Jeez, you even sulk like bertie . . .

If any of this really means anything to you, or to bertie, it shouldn't matter where it's located. If people are truly interested, they'll find it.

On the other hand, if people have been viewing it in the same way they view a traffic accident, they'll forget about it as soon as the accident has been cleared and is out of sight. Then we'll see just how devoted to all this you really are.

barjon said:
cyof

..and whilst you (and others) persist in posting in such terms you continue to demonstrate why this thread has been moved.

cheers

jon

An "eye for an eye" barjon, no more, no less.

Why do so many not speak on this site, I will tell you why, they do not speak because they are blinded by people who actually think they know everything, when, in reality, all that they are doing is preventing people from acting in their own best interests.

my words may be a little strong at times, but rightly so, for sometimes it needs to be so, politeness is not always the best approach, for if so, then we would all, be always stuck in the "rat race" we are in.

Slainte,

For anyone lurking, whose remotely serious about “thinking correctly” they could probably do far worse than read “discourse on the method of rightly conducting the reason, and seeking truth in the sciences” published in 1637 by Rene Descartes. It does at least provide a solid platform on which to build rather than the new age garbage espoused by CYOF.

The method Descartes proposes for “thinking correctly” is built on 4 key principals, I’ll quote directly from Descartes as I can’t be arsed to edit this.

The first was never to accept anything for true which I did not clearly know to be such; that is to say, carefully to avoid precipitancy and prejudice, and to comprise nothing more in my judgement than what was presented to my mind so clearly and distinctly as to exclude all ground of doubt.

The second, to divide each of the difficulties under examination into as many parts as possible, and as might be necessary for its adequate solution.

The third, to conduct my thoughts in such order that, by commencing with objects the simplest and easiest to know, I might ascend by little and little, and, as it were, step by step, to the knowledge of the more complex; assigning in thought a certain order even to those objects which in their own nature do not stand in a relation of antecedence and sequence.

And the last, in every case to make enumerations so complete, and reviews so general that I might be assured that nothing was omitted.

So there you have it, how to think correctly in a few lines of simple text, its a piece of p1ss really, no mythical bollox, no need to post your charts or reveal your methods to the truly desperate

what more can possibly be said ?

I'll respond to the green fool and his imaginary friend after my cup of tea

regards
zup

dbphoenix said:
Jeez, you even sulk like bertie . . .

If any of this really means anything to you, or to bertie, it shouldn't matter where it's located. If people are truly interested, they'll find it.

On the other hand, if people have been viewing it in the same way they view a traffic accident, they'll forget about it as soon as the accident has been cleared and is out of sight. Then we'll see just how devoted to all this you really are.

I am who I am, always have been, and always will be.

You still fail to miss the point - after all the material I have gone out of my way to get for you, and you still can't see anything clear.

You are doomed to failure - whether you know it or not.

As for viewing the traffic accident, you would like that, wouldn't you, maybe they will all rush to you to get the rules of the road, hmmm.

i think YOU are better off with the Italians - for at least, they create something of beauty, and if you stay with them long enough, you might actually learn something

you are out of order CYOF, take a breath and stop throwing your toys out

Walter Mitty

CYOF said:
I am who I am, always have been, and always will be.

You still fail to miss the point - after all the material I have gone out of my way to get for you, and you still can't see anything clear.

You are doomed to failure - whether you know it or not.

As for viewing the traffic accident, you would like that, wouldn't you, maybe they will all rush to you to get the rules of the road, hmmm.

I admit you are entertaining in a pathetic sort of way but whether your ego squeeks as it tries to fit your head ,or your words are as farts in a hurricane , is difficult to determine.
:confused:

zupcon said:
For anyone lurking, whose remotely serious about “thinking correctly” they could probably do far worse than read “discourse on the method of rightly conducting the reason, and seeking truth in the sciences” published in 1637 by Rene Descartes. It does at least provide a solid platform on which to build rather than the new age garbage espoused by CYOF.

The method Descartes proposes for “thinking correctly” is built on 4 key principals, I’ll quote directly from Descartes as I can’t be arsed to edit this.

The first was never to accept anything for true which I did not clearly know to be such; that is to say, carefully to avoid precipitancy and prejudice, and to comprise nothing more in my judgement than what was presented to my mind so clearly and distinctly as to exclude all ground of doubt.

The second, to divide each of the difficulties under examination into as many parts as possible, and as might be necessary for its adequate solution.

The third, to conduct my thoughts in such order that, by commencing with objects the simplest and easiest to know, I might ascend by little and little, and, as it were, step by step, to the knowledge of the more complex; assigning in thought a certain order even to those objects which in their own nature do not stand in a relation of antecedence and sequence.

And the last, in every case to make enumerations so complete, and reviews so general that I might be assured that nothing was omitted.

So there you have it, how to think correctly in a few lines of simple text, its a piece of p1ss really, no mythical bollox, no need to post your charts or reveal your methods to the truly desperate

what more can possibly be said ?

I'll respond to the green fool and his imaginary friend after my cup of tea

regards
zup

My, how you easily forget things, a sieve, really.

Do you not happen to remember the child playing the piano, and how this PROCESS actually works, but then again, it was probably your good old buddy, mr professor, mr greatest teacher of all time, who gave you that information, so, you, then been the FOOL you are, been INSPIRED and slicking your hair, come out with such statements, that you continually make.

You are really a FOOL, and although others may have seen you differently in the past, I am sure that they see the real you now.

Yeh, 4 paragraphs sums it all up, as I siad, you really are a FOOL.

neil said:
I admit you are entertaining in a pathetic sort of way but whether your ego squeeks as it tries to fit your head ,or your words are as farts in a hurricane , is difficult to determine.
:confused:

Walter Mitty, made a lot of money - as Danny Kay ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.