How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Profitaker said:
Ok thanks DB - how do I do that ?

Click Community in the tool bar, then User Control Panel. The Buddy/Ignore Lists option will be on your left at the bottom.

Db

dbphoenix said:
You can put him on an Ignore list. However, if his posts are quoted by someone else, you're faced with it anyway.

Db

Why don't you answer the TEXTBOOK TRADER question for profittaker instead?

You are, after all, the EXPERT, are you not, as per your private compilations!

How about posting the FREE intro pdf - so we can all be enlightened!

It is FREE after all, is it not?

I am actually very keen to read it - to see what real value it has?

Now you see, the following statement will please a select few and infuriate the many:~

What happens...is that the market is like a game of snakes and ladders.

The board on which this game is played is static....it is printed in advance of the game.

The board is the board, and the players are the players.

But there are players and there are players.

The textbook players are the throwers of the dice.

The roll of the dice determines who slides up a snake and who climbs up a ladder..

But the snakes and the ladders are a permanent feature of the game because they are printed on the board but the dice are not.

The board represents reality, and the dice represent belief/

You can see that as the result of the throw of the dice is due to chance, the board itself with its permanent markings is the opposite.

I have to be careful here not to say too much....

But in short, clinging to beliefs is not a good idea.

They cannot be programmed, or quantified, or made into formulas, or indicators etc.,

The board itself is a different matter.

The dice throwers need to consider risk, uncertainty, chance and guesswork, deal with emotions, conflicting ideas, misdirection, greed, impatience and fear...

The others do no such thing.

They are able to act with near certainty within a framework of expectancy, u c ?

Therefore the correct way to think is not to worship beliefs, or even to adhere to them, but to concentrate on realities, near certainties and expectancies.

But the great majority will disagree with me and...the absolute minority, prudently, and out of sight and sound, will absolutely agree.:cheesy:

Last edited:
CYOF said:
Why don't you answer the TEXTBOOK TRADER question for profittaker instead?

You are, after all, the EXPERT, are you not, as per your private compilations!

How about posting the FREE intro pdf - so we can all be enlightened!

It is FREE after all, is it not?

I am actually very keen to read it - to see what real value it has?

It is but a mouse click away . . . :)

And, due to demand, I've also decided to reopen my group. Anyone wanting to apply, just let me know.

Db

neil said:
He was a top thinker/procratinator but was not a "do-er," so he thinks and dreams and sings while lesser beings get their hands dirty in the trading arena, thinking less but earning more :D :cheesy:

http://www.allfunnystuff.com/content.php?choice=prev&iid=402&cid=32

Brilliant - keep it coming. I failed to click the link previously - and the similarities are quite astonishing - really - but do please keep it up :LOL:

dbphoenix said:
It is but a mouse click away . . . :)

And, due to demand, I've also decided to reopen my group. Anyone wanting to apply, just let me know.

Db

I wonder if the demand has anythng to do with the post you made to your fans yesterday - those who purchased the compilations from you, that is :rolleyes:

CYOF said:
I wonder if the demand has anythng to do with the post you made to your fans yesterday - those who purchased the compilations from you, that is :rolleyes:

Partly. But this thread has also served as a reinvigoration.

Thank you.

Db

SOCRATES said:
Now you see, the following statement will please a select few and infuriate the many:~

What happens...is that the market is like a game of snakes and ladders.

The board on which this game is played is static....it is printed in advance of the game.

The board is the board, and the players are the players.

But there are players and there are players.

The textbook players are the throwers of the dice.

The roll of the dice determines who slides up a snake and who climbs up a ladder..

But the snakes and the ladders are a permanent feature of the game because they are printed on the board but the dice are not.

The board represents reality, and the dice represent belief/

You can see that as the result of the throw of the dice is due to chance, the board itself with its permanent markings is the opposite.

I have to be careful here not to say too much....

But in short, clinging to beliefs is not a good idea.

They cannot be programmed, or quantified, or made into formulas, or indicators etc.,

The board itself is a different matter.

The dice throwers need to consider risk, uncertainty, chance and guesswork, deal with emotions, conflicting ideas, misdirection, greed, impatience and fear...

The others do no such thing.

They are able to act with near certainty within a framework of expectancy, u c ?

Therefore the correct way to think is not to worship beliefs, or even to adhere to them, but to concentrate on realities, near certainties and expectancies.

But the great majority will disagree with me and...the absolute minority, prudently, and out of sight and sound, will absolutely agree.:cheesy:

Good post Socrates - but as this is not in any textbooks, it will of course, be rejected, as usual.

dbphoenix said:
Partly. But this thread has also served as a reinvigoration.

Thank you.

Db

As I keep saying, there is always method in someones madness, always, but very few will check it out of course, very few!

CYOF said:
Good post Socrates - but as this is not in any textbooks, it will of course, be rejected, as usual.
Yes, I know...I am aware of it.

But well yes, as the difference between Gaming and Gamemastership is never discussed you cannot be surprised now. can you ?

As it is not a topic suitable for a book, because the printed word cannot do it justice, then it is
(fortunately) as if it did not exist.:cheesy:

But a little glint of it here and there does not do any harm, and is presented as an attempt to raise levels of awareness.

Unfortunately the awareness altemeter needle seems to be permanently or near permanently .....stuck..:rolleyes:

And, the additional diffiulty is that because the needle is permanently located behind the glass....even a well aimed squirt with say....WD 40 ....will not free it...:(

......I forgot to mention earlier....that any attempt to dismantle, recalibrate and lubricate the altimeter is such a huge task...you can now understand those very few able to do it ...being reluctant to undertake the mission.:cheesy:

Last edited:
Talking of Altimeters...and Needles...have any of you yet had a look at www.youtube.com and searched under "moon landings"....I thoroughly recommend a prolonged visit and an opportunity to view as many of the clips as possible....they make for very interesting observation.....:cheesy: ....they will infuriate the few....and entertain the many...:LOL:

Last edited:
Pro.

Your post 725
"By gambling I mean risking money hoping to gain money where the future outcome is unknown. I can't really describe "trading" as anything other than the above.

Even though you pay commission / slippage and can lever up, you still shouldn't be able to lose more than 100% of your account. The only exception to this is shorting options."

Your post 742
"I don't see why you think I implied that, but if I did it certainly wasn't my intention."

Thanks for trying to clarify. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Profitaker said:
I don't see why you think I implied that, but if I did it certainly wasn't my intention.

Prof.

Are you now saying all form of trading is gambling including Shorting Options?

I'm still confused by your comments on post above.

Perhaps Socco can give better clarification to your comments and thoughts on trading and Gambling?

O69

Last edited:
Mr. Charts said:
Not quite all children, Sir.
I have diligently skimmed this thread and there are definitely three who are not being childish ;) ;) ;)
Richard

Mr Charts.
Can you send me a PM on the 3 please? I'm curious to see if they are also in my list of 7. :idea:

o69

Nearly There!

As no textbook traders are coming forward to provide answers, I have taken it upon myself to do the Forecasting for profittaker.

I am nearly there!

Now, look for the real truth in the chart - it is in blue ;)

orion69 said:
Mr Charts.
Can you send me a PM on the 3 please? I'm curious to see if they are also in my list of 7. :idea:

o69

Good show O69 - you are asking questions, and that is the first step in acquiring new knowledge.

But, your questioning is starting off in the wrong direction!

Why do you look for confirmation from others - do you not have a mind of your own?

This is not cutting you down, btw, this is trying to assist you to think correctly, whether you know it or not!

Slainte

orion69,
Hello and welcome to t2w. Some threads are not ya boo playgrounds and are quite interesting, although this thread does reveal some posters' characteristics. Fascinating.
Now you are new so I don't know who you are..........maybe you are a returning member?
If you want to email me with your list of seven, I will reply with my list of three. However, I will only reply to you if your email is not an anonymous hotmail numbered address as I have been known to get seriously wierd emails.......
Richard
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.