How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet more twaddle from CYOF. Interesting to note, as I'm sure any discerning trader has, that when presented with a chart CYOF is stumped for a forecast.

Profitaker said:
CYOF

What's rubbish ? Your forecasting ? What ?

As you have asked a logical question, I will answer logically.

Most of the textbook trading that is put out - is rubbish, pure pure rubbish.

Indicators, are, to say the least, of no significance when it comes to trading for consistent profits - remember, we are thinking big here, not the $200 - $500 a day mentality.

So, if one wants to trade with the textbook traders, then expect to see returns in line with what this type of trading has proven, over and over again to offer.

You have already seen what dlpirl was on about - long term investing!!!

When some people talk about trading, they talk about trading at a different level to the majority.

Now, I am not an expert, nor do I profess to be an expert (like some do :rolleyes: ), but I have been a textbook trader, and I am now telling you that it is all pure rubbish - period!

If you wan't to adopt the textbook trader mentality, then that is entirely your own decision.

I have already stated how one simple figure, will tell the complete truth, but as you all fail to see the reality of what I say, then as Socrates rightly says, it is better to say nothing and let people do what they will always do - that is why there will always be the 95% majority.

If what I say is so stupid, then why does everyone continually acknowledge that the 95% majority is a fact - not a myth!

Profitaker said:
Yet more twaddle from CYOF. Interesting to note, as I'm sure any discerning trader has, that when presented with a chart CYOF is stumped for a forecast.

Well, Socrates did warn me, that much is for sure.

I will leave the last post up, to remind me not to do it again!

As Socrates says, and I now see why he says it, you will get nothing from now on.

Go and figure it all out yourself - and from the posts you have been putting up, I will give you one bit of good advice, go back to gambling, trading is not your game, and never will be.

CYOF

This is kind of bizarre, but I actually agree with your post #766, but I suspect for different reasons. The majority of (retail) traders wouldn't know a Standard Deviation if it hit them in the face. Nor would they understand correlation / risk management / position sizing and so on. Yet the vast majority will understand some sort of support / resistance levels or other TA clap-trap.

Maybe that's what you're alluding to ? I'm not very good at reading between the lines, but prefer things between the eyes. If you have something to say or a point to make then say it. Don't dress it up in some sort of mystical twaddle like your friend does, please.

Last edited:
CYOF said:
Indicators, are, to say the least, of no significance when it comes to trading for consistent profits - remember, we are thinking big here, not the $200 - $500 a day mentality.

I really don’t want to cause offence but this is a ridiculously naïve statement, and illustrates that your thinking is definitely flawed. What you’re actually saying is that YOU tried and failed to trade consistently using indicators. On this basis you’ve reached the conclusion that NOONE can trade consistently and profitably using indicators. This is a typical trap people fall into, at some point you’ll have tired everything in the book, and come to the conclusion that its not possible to trade profitably using any method, simply because YOU cant do it.

That’s as stupid as me saying its impossible for anyone to run a 4 minute mile just because I cant do it due to being a fat lazy b*st*rd who sits in a chair watching screens all day !

Your completely and utterly hung up on expectancy, it’s a useful concept, but Id suggest you focus on what needs to be done to achieve a positive expectancy, and for that I’m sorry to say that your going to start to take notice of dbpheonix, and start putting in some work.

I’m also completely baffles as to why you won’t engage and at least attempt to solve profit takers challenge. It’s a simple enough exercise in probability.

regards
mick

Profitaker said:
CYOF

This is kind of bizarre, but I actually agree with your post, but I suspect for different reasons. The majority of (retail) traders wouldn't know a Standard Deviation if it hit them in the face. Nor would they understand correlation / risk management / position sizing and so on. Yet the vast majority will understand some sort of support / resistance levels or other TA clap-trap.

Maybe that's what you're alluding to ? I'm not very good at reading between the lines, but prefer things between the eyes. If you have something to say or a point to make then say it. Don't dress it up in some sort of mystical twaddle like your friend does, please.

Here I go again -but as my wife keeps saying - you are a stupid idiot.

It is not that simple - nor was it ever meant to be simple.

If you expect something on a plate, and I don't mean been showing how to trade, then it is of no real value, as you will not have learned correctly.

If you want to really learn, then you must learn how to read between the lines.

I will state this again, for those who might be thinking, ah, well, maybe something he says has some bit of truth in yet:

Read some HISTORY - it will do you the world of good. Life is not all about who we are today - but you see, all everyone want's is the gimme now, gimme now, gimme now.

Those who have plenty, understand that the gimme now, does not work - period.

Have ye not heard of Cause & Effect - what is the Cause in trading, and what is the Effect!

I know, I will shut up eventually, but it is X-mas, and I am a Leprechaun :LOL:

zupcon said:
I really don’t want to cause offence but this is a ridiculously naïve statement, and illustrates that your thinking is definitely flawed. What you’re actually saying is that YOU tried and failed to trade consistently using indicators. On this basis you’ve reached the conclusion that NOONE can trade consistently and profitably using indicators. This is a typical trap people fall into, at some point you’ll have tired everything in the book, and come to the conclusion that its not possible to trade profitably using any method, simply because YOU cant do it.

That’s as stupid as me saying its impossible for anyone to run a 4 minute mile just because I cant do it due to being a fat lazy b*st*rd who sits in a chair watching screens all day !

Your completely and utterly hung up on expectancy, it’s a useful concept, but Id suggest you focus on what needs to be done to achieve a positive expectancy, and for that I’m sorry to say that your going to start to take notice of dbpheonix, and start putting in some work.

I’m also completely baffles as to why you won’t engage and at least attempt to solve profit takers challenge. It’s a simple enough exercise in probability.

regards
mick

ZU,

You need to go back and read my post again - I am not going to point it out, but you are wrong, and if you read my post enough times, then you will see where you post is flawed.

Db is a textbook trader, and I have already mentioned what one can expect from textbook trading (hint, hint).

Do you really mean what you say about profittakers challenge, for if you do, you are leaving yourself open to become the laughing stock.

Again, this is for your benefit - whether you think it or not.

I say forget about Db and his work, that is if you wan't to make any real money, but if you want the usual pittance that these boys make (hint, hint) then so be it.

One gets entirely what one deserves in life.

CYOF

Well I thought I may have an idea what you're alluding to, but no, it wasn't to be.

So, what exactly are you talking about with all that twaddle in post #770 ? How about you make a forecast using the chart I posted up ? We're not asking for methodology or technique, just a forecast, that's all.

Baited breath...................

Profitaker said:
CYOF

Well I thought I may have an idea what you're alluding to, but no, it wasn't to be.

So, what exactly are you talking about with all that twaddle in post #770 ? How about you make a forecast using the chart I posted up ? We're not asking for methodology or technique, just a forecast, that's all.

Baited breath...................

Ok ZU,

I do not blame you, apologies.

Socrates, I know, before you say it, again!, but I will refrain this time, and leave it be.

When a REAL question is asked, I will reply - is that a fair comment?

orion69 said:
After reading your comments on shorting options [post 725] Would you put shorting options as the riskiest ?

O69
orion69
to trade anything without a plan/stratergy/system is risky
options is a different animal to futures or stocks and to those that dont know or understand it worse still
but if you had to trade options then buying puts or calls are 'safer' in as far as the only thing you risk is the premium you payed

orion69 said:
After reading your comments on shorting options [post 725] Would you put shorting options as the riskiest ?

O69

In terms of using an instrument to trade a direction then yes, I would.

You see, if ye all remember some time ago, I took on a little challenge to revive my brain, as it had fallen asleep due to looking at FX for some time.

Now, during the few days of live trading, and the meager $500 that I spent - I noticed something of immense value.

But, thanks to Socrates, I realised, prior to opening my big mouth, that immense value is not for all.

Why, well it is now clear for all to see why.

So, here is all you are getting - DB will, no doubt, show you all how to make the real money :rolleyes:

CYOF said:
When a REAL question is asked, I will reply - is that a fair comment?

Since the chart was clearly beyond you, perhaps you give us an example of a real question ? Nothing too sophistacted mind you LOL

zupcon said:
Zupcon

He couldn't even forecast a likely range with a given confidence, never mind a precise future stock price. I'm amazed he has been given so much attention on this thread, as he should have been dismissed a nutcase long ago. But then I guess there is no shortage of folks looking for the holy grail, which goes some way to explaining things when he claims to have it.

CYOF said:
Well, Socrates did warn me, that much is for sure.

I will leave the last post up, to remind me not to do it again!

As Socrates says, and I now see why he says it, you will get nothing from now on.

Go and figure it all out yourself - and from the posts you have been putting up, I will give you one bit of good advice, go back to gambling, trading is not your game, and never will be.
NO...better still...tell him to go and get a job.:LOL:

CYOF said:
ZU,

You need to go back and read my post again - I am not going to point it out, but you are wrong, and if you read my post enough times, then you will see where you post is flawed.

Db is a textbook trader, and I have already mentioned what one can expect from textbook trading (hint, hint).

Do you really mean what you say about profittakers challenge, for if you do, you are leaving yourself open to become the laughing stock.

Again, this is for your benefit - whether you think it or not.

I say forget about Db and his work, that is if you wan't to make any real money, but if you want the usual pittance that these boys make (hint, hint) then so be it.

One gets entirely what one deserves in life.

CYOF, Whilst it’s provided some degree of entertainment during a relatively quiet few days, I really don’t think I could quite bare to re read most of the twaddle posted on this particular thread.

You have consistently posted comments stating that indicators are useless. Saying that you personally have been unable to gain benefit from a method or technique, or indicators is fine, however making generalised sweeping statement, and drawing silly charts isn’t really a sign of any great maturity.

I personally pay little or no attention to fundamentals, the very thing that drive the markets that I trade, but I certainly wouldn’t make a ridiculous blanket statement that fundamentals are useless or of no value. They are immense value to particular traders on these boards, just not to me. I wouldnt make such a ridiculous statement, but I suspect that you would.

Your comments regarding db illustrate only too well that once again you’re guilty of leaping to conclusions without a shred of evidence. What the hell do you actually know about the results that db achieves from his methods ?, are you db's broker perhaps with access to his trading account ?

Thankfully one does get what one deserves in life and I note that you’re getting absolutely nothing in the way of assistance or help, simply because you do not deserve to be helped, so you wont be helped. It really is that simple :LOL:

As for becoming a laughing stock, by all means laugh away, but remember this as your laughing, I’m not the one whose on these boards day in day out winging and whining that people wont share their method’s or expectancy statistics :LOL:

And remember this as your laughing; I’m not the one whose struggling to comprehend simple statistical concepts taught to junior level school children :LOL: Im not here day in day out trying to drill peoples heads for information, or argue pointlessly.

And Im not the one who wasted a few thousand leaning that they didnt really know how to trade, no I was one of those nasty people who took your money, and that really is something worth laughing about. :LOL:

I dont usually pepper posts with silly smilies, but as I suspect Bulldozer may have crept back in I thought Id offer them as a christmas gift cos I know how much he likes these things !

Now I suggest you start reading db's posts, and do as he suggests, then in 2 or 3 years start to read what soc's has to say, by then you might actually get some benefit.

regards
zup

CYOF said:
Here I go again -but as my wife keeps saying - you are a stupid idiot.

CYOF has been banned for 24 hours as a result of this post.

Fair warnings were given.

zupcon

Post # 781 - Very succinct if I may say so.

Bulldozer back again ? For the 4th time ? or is it the 5th ? Who would have guessed orion69 ? :rolleyes:

While I doubt this thread can be saved, I thought I'd quote something from the beginning of it:

CYOF said:
When we are criticised it makes us question if we are doing the right thing, or hey, maybe that suggestion from another trader might actually work. A lot of traders have a vast amount of knowledge in their heads - even though they may not know how to use it. On the other hand - this knowledge when passed on to another trader, may be of great assistance in helping that trader achieve some good results. . . .

There is no such thing a right way and a wrong way - it is what works for you is all that matters - I must use this as my slogan.

Merry Wednesday before Christmas . . . :)

Db

Status
Not open for further replies.