Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

...and maybe you could start a new thread with your reports?
IMHO this is not the most appropriate place to post them.
Thank you.

...and maybe you could start a new thread with your reports?
IMHO this is not the most appropriate place to post them.
Thank you.

please don't encourage them Richard, there's a gaggle of them with blogs, they're here to promote so we read the ads in their blogs that run every other post for a uk cfd/forex broker.

most of their posts here are copied/pasted from other sources, fxstreet - Investing.com - bloomberg.com - reuters etc.

they're posting threads right across forums including forexfactory, babypips, myfxbook forexpeacearmy, forex-tsd and t2w.

did mr charts teache you 1-2-1? or did you buy only his video courses?

Hello markettiming,

No, I did not seek Richard's teaching nor bought any course video from him.

I came across this thread, found it interesting, spent some weeks reading Richard's postings and charts twice from page 1. Practiced for some months and started trading it real with very small size position, scalping $10-$20 from most trades, with a profit rate of 56% as of this writing. I have to highlight that prior to this method, I have had some years of experience since 2004, so my experience definitely helped. Now, allow me to share my view :

1) Based off my experience and testings, this is a method that can work. We cannot know if Richard had amplified his result and cannot deny that there is a possibility he is so good, so no point debating over this since the result depend totally on the trader him/herself's competency, better off honing the trading skill.

2) This method might likely not work for beginners as intraday trading requires experience.

I thanks Richard once again for this free sharing, do let me know by message if you ever visit Singapore. Pardon my poor English if any since I'm fro Asia.

Good Luck Trading To All
Anthony, SG

Discovered this thread 3 days ago.

I have to say that Richard's philosophy makes sense. It's main logic is very similar to a method I've tried before (Bob Volman's Price Action Scalping).

Here's a paper trade I took today using Richard's method. I picked up the stock from reading pre-market news.

I am currently looking into a free screener that I can use for this method. Does anyone have ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• Urban Outfitters.png
    Urban Outfitters.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 192
I traded nine times today, three of them using the method in this thread, the other six using some of my other methods.

I found and alerted HPQ by running a scan just a few minutes after open.

The results with HPQ were +41c per share, then soon afterwards I went long again and got +78c per share.

A little later I traded JD (a pre-market alert) and cut my losses on that at -4c per share.

My experience from many years of trading full time for a living is that trying to let winners run and cutting the losers early is absolutely key.

All my winners and losers are on my blog as always.

Attachments

• 210815HPQ.png
    210815HPQ.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 210815HPQsecondtrade.png
    210815HPQsecondtrade.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 210815JD.png
    210815JD.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 183
What do you think about this - Public tech companies tumbled sharply from 53-week highs, $TWTR $YHOO leading the ranks. Future #IPO offerings will be humbled?

I've started a thread http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/209470-how-make-money-trading-fx-market.html which will show examples of this method on FX.

Back after a holiday and unsurprisingly this is still a reliable high probability method when coupled with a tight stop loss method for the minority which don't work.

BABA was a pre-market alert which I traded three times. Here is the one using this method, the other two trades used some of my different set ups.
+55c per share

Attachments

• 150915babasecondtrade.png
    150915babasecondtrade.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 282
And another today. BMY alerted 34 mins after market open from scanning.
The first trade was a scalp which went into the black then weakened so I exited for just +3c a share.
This was the second trade. A three minute candle trade which gently and steadily moved up in an easy relaxing sort of way. I exited slightly later than I should have having stopped for a sip of coffee. I should have exited as soon as price fell below the low of the previous candle as I've said many times in this thread.
A nice typical chart appearance for a high probability trade, very similar to the last one a posted earlier this week.
+46c per share

Attachments

• 180915BMYsecondtrade.png
    180915BMYsecondtrade.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 305
CXRX was alerted pre-market and after moving around a bit, settled into a nice easy downtrend. Often these stocks don't move immediately, but later settle into a tradable set up, like falling candles. Use a tight stop and remember the old saying, "the trend is your friend till the bend at the end". Having said that, I often exit before the bend at the end.
Obviously you use other methods on non trending stocks, but if you are looking for a trender, the chances of success are much higher the more obvious the trend ! If you struggle to see a trend just eye balling, then look for another stock.
CXRX +70c per share

Attachments

• 250915cxrx.png
    250915cxrx.png
    20 KB · Views: 206
There is an aura around Wall Street and the stock market that involves a lot of money. Most people are vaguely acquainted with the stock market and only understand that there’s a lot of money involved.

Some of us in recent years have even begun to dislike everyone associated with the stock market because they have all the money that we are supposed to have. If you can beat them join them right?

As I continue to get more and more questions about day trading I plan on explaining a bit more on what day trading is and how I make a living doing it.

As I continue to get more and more questions about day trading I plan on explaining a bit more on what day trading is and how I make a living doing it.
You may want to start your own thread to progress that conversation. :cheesy: This thread is already quite focused on its theme.
:smart:

As well as looking at pre-market movers and scanning during market hours for opportunities, I often find it worthwhile reading quickly through news stories from the previous evening after close and before open on the current day.
The President of Gap (GPS) left to join Ralph Lauren (RL) and that news caused GPS to gap down and RL to gap up. I alerted those stocks before the open and simply waited to see if any of the dozen set ups I use occurred. The particular one in this thread did.
The exit was when price took out the low of the previous candle as described earlier in this thread.
It's always worth being aware of news and its effect (which can be the opposite of what an amateur and some pros might think) but trading on actual price movements, not your expectations.
RL +207c per share.

Attachments

• 300915RL.png
    300915RL.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 240
Mr Charts DMA Naqdaq/ NYSE platform?

Does anyone know the platform/ provider Mr Charts uses for DMA Nasdaq/ NYSE access? and is it available in the UK?

Thank you.

As well as looking at pre-market movers and scanning during market hours for opportunities, I often find it worthwhile reading quickly through news stories from the previous evening after close and before open on the current day.
The President of Gap (GPS) left to join Ralph Lauren (RL) and that news caused GPS to gap down and RL to gap up. I alerted those stocks before the open and simply waited to see if any of the dozen set ups I use occurred. The particular one in this thread did.
The exit was when price took out the low of the previous candle as described earlier in this thread.
It's always worth being aware of news and its effect (which can be the opposite of what an amateur and some pros might think) but trading on actual price movements, not your expectations.
RL +207c per share.

Great post and great trade.

Most of us are so loyal to one 'team',but a blend of fundamental AND technical will always be superior.The market reacts to news but the technician can time it and control/mitigate their own outcome.

Excellent thread Mr C.

You may want to start your own thread to progress that conversation. :cheesy: This thread is already quite focused on its theme.
:smart:

Seguna's sig also deserves special mention-"'The future belongs to those who see it before it arrives'. -love it! hahaha.good stuff.

Seguna's sig also deserves special mention. . .
Yes indeed, although there's a huge gap between that and Richard's ability to work a great little pun: "The President of Gap (GPS) left to join Ralph Lauren (RL) and that news caused GPS to gap down and RL to gap up."
:D

Yes indeed, although there's a huge gap between that and Richard's ability to work a great little pun: "The President of Gap (GPS) left to join Ralph Lauren (RL) and that news caused GPS to gap down and RL to gap up."
:D

aaah-missed that! good catch tim!lol

Great post and great trade.

Most of us are so loyal to one 'team',but a blend of fundamental AND technical will always be superior.The market reacts to news but the technician can time it and control/mitigate their own outcome.

Excellent thread Mr C.
...and that's why there're a number of long term subscribers to this thread...the OP is 'walking the talk'. With an open mind, you can't but learn something from his approach.
(y)