Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

That's very understandable and sensible. Personally I haven't had a computer failure for several years - I'll probably have one on Monday now !
Thanks for your kind words.

Great day's trading again today.

Blog updated to yesterday.
Richard

Please...... the URL for the blog

AND

Thanks...... for your many insights...!!

Once again, a great thread Mr. Charts. Can you occasionally post the symbols for your recent trades. I don't need the charts as you have posted many of those. Just a post of the "action" recently so I can go back and see how I would have traded them.

Thanks again

Great thread, thanks. Sorry for the dumb question but what does WN stand for? Like when is says on a chart it broke down below WN.

Thanks

why trade equities not futures ? you pay more taxes for your gain at the end. you have to put more money $25k for day trading. and after u sell u have to wait for 3 days for ur fund to return. plus there is an uptick rule. its harder to scalp.
I'm just v confused with all of equity traders.

why trade equities not futures ? you pay more taxes for your gain at the end. you have to put more money $25k for day trading. and after u sell u have to wait for 3 days for ur fund to return. plus there is an uptick rule. its harder to scalp.
I'm just v confused with all of equity traders.

Perhaps their exchange rules are different from those that you deal with

futures exchange rules are much better than stock market exchanges for small retail individual trader like me.
I am talking about small retail trader in terms of tax, leverage, initial capital, flexibility to short/long right away,etc.

Perhaps their exchange rules are different from those that you deal with

futures exchange rules are much better than stock market exchanges for small retail individual trader like me.
I am talking about small retail trader in terms of tax, leverage, initial capital, flexibility to short/long right away,etc.

That can well be so in the jurisdiction in which you are trading and does not necessarily apply to all traders and their jurisdiction

u mean for Canada only ? I am not sure for Canada

but most of the trader here from UK. however, I am talking about US market which is not very far from UK.
there are lots of information out there that daytrade futures is much better than stocks
this is one example why trade future vs stocks. do u know this ?
http://ezinearticles.com/?A-Couple-Reasons-to-Day-Trade-SandP-E-mini-Futures&id=3969493
http://searchwarp.com/swa117990.htm

That can well be so in the jurisdiction in which you are trading and does not necessarily apply to all traders and their jurisdiction

u mean for Canada only ? I am not sure for Canada

but most of the trader here from UK. however, I am talking about US market which is not very far from UK.
there are lots of information out there that daytrade futures is much better than stocks
this is one example why trade future vs stocks. do u know this ?
http://searchwarp.com/swa117990.htm

I trade different markets for different purposes, I find that none is worse or better than the others.

To say one is the best is actually to limit yourself, as you accumulate more capital you may well find yourself trading stocks, there is a lot to be made in stocks as this thread has shown

did u really read what i posted ?
http://ezinearticles.com/?A-Couple-Reasons-to-Day-Trade-SandP-E-mini-Futures&id=3969493

if u say there is a lot to be made in stocks as u have more capital, then it means w/ futures market u can make much more b/c it has higher leverage and lower taxes than stocks.

so what is ur point ?? I didnt see any better reason to trade stocks. give me more concrete reason and evidence.

I trade different markets for different purposes, I find that none is worse or better than the others.

To say one is the best is actually to limit yourself, as you accumulate more capital you may well find yourself trading stocks, there is a lot to be made in stocks as this thread has shown

did u really read what i posted ?

if u say there is a lot to be made in stocks as u have more capital, then it means w/ futures market u can make much more b/c it has higher leverage and lower taxes than stocks.

so what is ur point ?? I didnt see any better reason to trade stocks. give me more concrete reason and evidence.

As you gain experience and knowledge you will learn for yourself

I did and still have no reason to trade stocks. actually I traded stocks at first then as i gain experience I switch to futures b/c all the reason aboves that i mentioned.

you just do not make sense and just want to confront me without logic.

please think carefully, before you post anything.

As you gain experience and knowledge you will learn for yourself

I did and still have no reason to trade stocks. actually I traded stocks at first then as i gain experience I switch to futures b/c all the reason aboves that i mentioned.

you just do not make sense and just want to confront me without logic.

please think carefully, before you post anything.

actually, I don't care what you feel about confrontation, I was giving you information so that you can possibly expand your frame of reference.

I dont care about feelings. I care about the logic . however u do not have logic at all.
you do not care because u do not have any reason. you still do not mention any information or reference about stocks vs futures.

I did mentioned my reference straight and to the point. you just dont care about this topic.

actually, I don't care what you feel about confrontation, I was giving you information so that you can possibly expand your frame of reference.

tomasson,
Horses for courses. Like you, I used to trade Equities and now I trade the ES. However, this thread is for those who are interested in daytrading U.S. equities. If that doesn't interest you, I suggest you contribute to threads on the futures forums instead! Mr. charts trades equities for very specific reasons which he lists in detail on the 'About Us' page of his website - a link to which can be found in his profile.
Tim.

I did not say it does not interest me. I just want to know the reason why ppl still trade equities. did you read my post ?

but ,I will look into Mr charts profile. thanks

tomasson,
Horses for courses. Like you, I used to trade Equities and now I trade the ES. However, this thread is for those who are interested in daytrading U.S. equities. If that doesn't interest you, I suggest you contribute to threads on the futures forums instead! Mr. charts trades equities for very specific reasons which he lists in detail on the 'About Us' page of his website - a link to which can be found in his profile.
Tim.

I think it's better to use personal automated trading systems. If anyone have a trading strategy that really make money, by automation profit growth will be more.
I suggest that if anyone have a good strategy that work for him, please submit the strategy here to make an expert advisor by that strategy. It will be a team work.

it depend. at least for me i can make more compare to the system.
but hybrid of human + computer system is much better than computer system alone.
machine cannot recognize or quanitfy so many things that human can.
e.g. news, upcoming news, option expiration week, etc.

I think it's better to use personal automated trading systems. If anyone have a trading strategy that really make money, by automation profit growth will be more.
I suggest that if anyone have a good strategy that work for him, please submit the strategy here to make an expert advisor by that strategy. It will be a team work.