Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

I'm often into trades later than the optimum time because although I pick some up pre-market, others are found by scanning. The latter often picks up the stocks which are already trending well so the entry is sometimes later than the ideal.
Although I prefer to enter after a pull back I find the percentage of winning trades is pretty good by jumping on to a trend, like jumping on to an old Routemaster open platform bus whilst it's moving.
As long as the stop is tightly defined and close this and my other methods have worked well for me over many years of trading.
Richard

I was watching TDC for a short and replied to your post DT - and missed the trade !
That serves me right ! LOL
Richard

Thanks for the offer, Toastie, but that's enough for today, thank you very much :)
Just got 22c on my fuzzy f. set up TDC
There's always another opportunity coming along :)
Richard

Hi James,
I use both depending on time and clearness of move. I've emailed you expanding on this.
Richard

I've just finished a marathon two day session reading this thread and wanted to convey my thanks to all of the contributors, in particular Mr Charts, for the time he has generously invested in answering publically and private so many of the questions posted here, and the lively and constructive comments of many of the contributors.

This thread has inspired me and I'm looking forward to charting a similar journey (forgive the pun) in the weeks to come.

Many thanks to your all,

Best wishes
Ryan

I've just finished a marathon two day session reading this thread and wanted to convey my thanks to all of the contributors, in particular Mr Charts, for the time he has generously invested in answering publically and private so many of the questions posted here, and the lively and constructive comments of many of the contributors.

This thread has inspired me and I'm looking forward to charting a similar journey (forgive the pun) in the weeks to come.

Many thanks to your all,

Best wishes
Ryan

Thanks for your kind words, Ryan. If there's a specific question you have you can contact me via email.
Richard

Afternoon Mr Charts,

Its just taken me the best part of a week to read through this thread!!!!

Great thread though, 70% of which I feel will be very useful, the remaining 30% appears to be some form of arguement or attempt to discredit blah, blah, blah.......

I think that i have the general idea of this particular setup, however, i'm struggling with the entry point. Please correct me if i'm wrong......the way I understand it is that the setup is based upon a particular share breaking out from either its previous high/low and then continuing on a up/down trend.

Once the trend has been established am I right in saying that the entry point is then defined by (amongst other things) the high of the new low (short)or conversley, the high of the new high(long)......... i think that makes sense????

To be honest i have many questions that i am hoping to ask, not only to Mr Charts but to a number of other contributors... hope thats ok??? I Assume the best way to ask a question regarding an earlier post is to give the page number followed by the thread number: i.e. 178/1567.

Keep up the good work,

Bvckle

Once the trend has been established am I right in saying that the entry point is then defined by (amongst other things) the high of the new low (short)or conversley, the high of the new high(long)......... i think that makes sense????

This is kind of arbitrary. "the high of the new high" means absolutely nothing.

There is nothing really in the thread apart from a standard trading methodology.
People who read the entire topic are well..

This is kind of arbitrary. "the high of the new high" means absolutely nothing.

There is nothing really in the thread apart from a standard trading methodology.
People who read the entire topic are well..

Just read that back to myself............... point taken :LOL:

I agree, i'm just rying to fully understand the methodology!!

bvckle,
The entry point depends on when I find the stock ! See post #1507. There isn't always a precise point on the candle.

Here's one from today
HNR +64c

Attachments

• 130611HNR.GIF
    130611HNR.GIF
    15.4 KB · Views: 425
To be honest i have many questions that i am hoping to ask, not only to Mr Charts but to a number of other contributors... hope thats ok??? I Assume the best way to ask a question regarding an earlier post is to give the page number followed by the thread number: i.e. 178/1567.

Keep up the good work,

Bvckle

Just quote the post you are referring to as above!

When the market moves, there are plenty to be found.........when the market is choppier, keep on scanning and biding your time till an opportunity arises.
MOS +61c per share

Attachments

• 150611MOS.GIF
    150611MOS.GIF
    12.9 KB · Views: 370
If the stock has already moved well in one direction and then just chops around, look for it to fall off a cliff, though I don't short till it's already falling. That momentum usually takes me into profit. Of course it can then reverse, and when that happens I exit for a small profit or a small loss.
Richard