Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

hey mr charts i like your methods, do you know of any demo stock trading platforms? all i can find is forex demo platforms, which has been ok but i've learnt stocks mostly and they tend to be eaier to day trade than forex IMO

Maybe you could find one using Google. I'm sure there must be some but nothing comes to mind instantly.

I traded quite a few times today, including four times using this particular method. None were losers.
Richard

JBHT +31c per share

Attachments

• 230709JBHT.GIF
    230709JBHT.GIF
    24.8 KB · Views: 360
I'll elaborate on risk control, position sizing etc when and if I get time.
Richard

i've heard so many good things about your thread mr. charts i simply have to take the plunge and dive in at page 1.

hope i can catch up soon :)

i've heard so many good things about your thread mr. charts i simply have to take the plunge and dive in at page 1.

hope i can catch up soon :)

Eyeball the chart examples so you can recognise them easily and test them extensively for yourself using the risk management and position sizing rules I've discussed.
Some of the time I exit using the chart rule described, other times I anticipate a reversal from what might be happening on level2 (beyond the scope of this thread).
This is just one of several methods I use to earn my living from trading and they just keep on working throughout the years.
Wait for the right set-up, don't over trade, execute, take the profits the great majority of the time, always sticking to the stop loss for the small minority that don't work.
Like it says on the can, "How To Make Money Trading The Markets."
Thanks for your kind words,
Richard

hmm, have you ever day traded forex? would you say day trading stocks is a little easier than forex?

oh, is there anywhere i can learn in detail about level 2 time/sales buying/selling pressure?

hey mr charts i like your methods, do you know of any demo stock trading platforms? all i can find is forex demo platforms, which has been ok but i've learnt stocks mostly and they tend to be eaier to day trade than forex IMO

You can demo Lightspeed's trading platform for around two weeks but not much more as they want to you to open a live account. IB will let you demo but not on live prices. MBT also allow a demo on equity platform but not sure for how long. Hope that is of some help.

hmmm. I'm really interested in this time and sales , level 2 stuff. I've spent the last 6 months trying to follow advanced technical strategies, yeh they work but they get outdated soon. I started my own divergence system which has been doing ok but not enough to declare it reliable. I might try to ditch the indicators, and try to read the market via order flow...if that's possible. I'm wondering mr charts , you say this is one of 12 methods you use, couldn't i just master this one technique?

hmm, have you ever day traded forex? would you say day trading stocks is a little easier than forex?

oh, is there anywhere i can learn in detail about level 2 time/sales buying/selling pressure?

Yes
Stocks much easier imho

No, no web sites, books etc about level2 (only useless stuff way out of date).
You can only learn from someone who uses it.

"I'm wondering mr charts , you say this is one of 12 methods you use, couldn't i just master this one technique? "

Why shouldn't you?
That's what it's here for !!!

lol,im 15 , just a beginner but started learning about stocks a year ago , well september 08. I could only find demo forex platforms, started trading with a 3k account two days ago,up 90 dollars, but i tried applying the same methods used in stocks , but they weren't as effective,in otherwords im looking for a demo stock trading platform but there aren't any!

lol,im 15 , just a beginner but started learning about stocks a year ago , well september 08. I could only find demo forex platforms, started trading with a 3k account two days ago,up 90 dollars, but i tried applying the same methods used in stocks , but they weren't as effective,in otherwords im looking for a demo stock trading platform but there aren't any!

ODL metatrader 4 has stocks on it.

O D T

Welcome to, hopefully, a long career/life in trading

You could try Amibroker. This has trial version and the trial conditions are:

AmiBroker Trial Download :

You can download latest AmiBroker Version 5.20 trial which will work for 30 days on your PC. During this time, you can test AmiBroker thoroughly for all of its functions, advanced features, etc.. Once you are convinced about AmiBroker’s usefulness for you, you can then proceed ahead to purchase the same. No prior registration or demo license is necessary for the demo. You can download AmiBroker Trial version from this link :

amibroker.com

The only limitation of AmiBroker trial version is, it does not allow you to save database i.e. all changes are lost once AmiBroker is closed, trial version runs in Standard Mode and any Automatic Analysis multiple-symbol operation (scan/exploration/bactest/optimize) is limited to 5 symbols. Apart from this, there is no other restriction and you may check all of its features including advanced ones, without any restrictions.

Their site has lots of downloadable manuals and other material, which you may find interesting. Amibroker is not itself a broker but links to brokers.

Many brokers do have demo or paper versions of their software, but often you will need to open and fund an account in order to use the paper version, which would be an issue given your age.

However for practice purposes you might try using your age to your advantage by contacting some brokers such as Tradestation or Interactive Brokers and telling them that you want a delayed feed paper account for a school project etc.

Charlton

Mr charts

Has anyone ever automated this strategy using Interactive API or something similar?

O D T