Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
currently
bidu 11-13c
goog 10-30c
aapl 1c
rimm 1-2c

Of course once you know what you are doing you can trade like a market maker inside the spread with direct access.
Also a 5c spread applies with people like etrade (on dell say) both in and out so it's really 10c (40c on bidu say)
I suspect they even charge a fee on top of that !
HTH
Richard

foredog

Experienced member
1,879 313
currently
bidu 11-13c
goog 10-30c
aapl 1c
rimm 1-2c

Of course once you know what you are doing you can trade like a market maker inside the spread with direct access.
Also a 5c spread applies with people like etrade (on dell say) both in and out so it's really 10c (40c on bidu say)
I suspect they even charge a fee on top of that !
HTH
Richard
Thanks Richard for the quick response.

You're right they do charge a comm. as well ($28 round trip!), with margins like that it's a wonder ETRADE ever had cashflow problems!

I guess there's not really a good alternative to having that DMA account.

Oh well, have to start saving so i can have two accounts. Shame i didn't think of this when it only cost £12500 to fund a $25000 account!

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
IB charge $2 round trip 200 shares, $5 RT for 500 shares, $10 RT for 1000 shares.
Trade on 1c spread stocks and trading is very cheap.....certainly compared with etrade.
Richard

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
And yet another - they are there most days, just waiting to be found and traded.
As usual, entry on the X hairs, exit at time of screenshot
Spread was 2c-3c so the actual profit was 55c per share.
A nice gentle swing trade on 3 min candles.
Richard

Attachments

timsk

Legendary member
6,938 1,812
It might be worth adding CELG to your watchlist today boys 'n' girls following the deal done with NICE and the NHS. (The latter two aren't stocks btw. :cheesy:) Daily chart attached, showing 5WMA (gold), 50SMA (grey) and 200SMA (black)
Tim.

Attachments

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
I don't want to go off subject, but I couldn't resist just this once.
View from one of my trading room windows - it's what I see when I look up from my screens.
Richard

Attachments

timsk

Legendary member
6,938 1,812
You lot wanna come and live in Devon - that's what you wanna do. A place where the sky is blue and the grass is as green as it was yesterday and the day before that. Lovely and mild it is . . .
:D

megamuel

Experienced member
1,098 164
Hello Richard,

I have started a journal and I am giving this technique a go. Perhaps you would be so kind as to take a look at my journal as I would greatly appreciate your input. Link is in my signature. Hope that you are well,

Sam.

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
megamuel,
I can't really spend much time doing as you ask, I'm afraid.
As well as trading I also run a private group and those guys and girls get my on going support and comments etc most days.
I've had a quick look at that trade and it's not of the type I have posted about on this thread.
I'll make a couple of comments on your thread shortly.
Beyond that I really can't mentor you, sorry.
Richard